Two-Face has been buffed way too hard, can a green explain why? & why so many changes with no info?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Clutchmeister, Jan 10, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

True, true, I hadn't thought of it like that. I mainly do legends so seeing someone like JS fly up and spam grenade or two face has made me somewhat biased.
  2. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Yeah, rifle synergises really well with TF's playstyle so I can see how you may have thought otherwise. It definitely needed the buff though (some of the ranged combos could do with some help too).
  3. JuanDvdP New Player

I beast Two-Face with Robin xD
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Does anyone ever use the flamethrower attack? They really oughta replace that with something else.
    • Like x 1
  5. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Well it's pretty poor in damage, they could literally double the damage each tick does and it still would rarely be worth using. Maybe if it applied a prec DoT it may be worth using the first tick during a counter window and clipping it.
  6. NotZuZu New Player

So he should be allowed to covered distance and follow into a combo with no Block Counter repercussions? I'll respond with a "No thank you". Every Legend who can use those Hard Light combos like that need to be susceptible to block, and it needs to carry over into Arenas. It's just ridiculous that the only way to stop the onslaught is to time your internet just right, which you can never do on the first rotation since you're likely in the air.

Seriously, arguing otherwise isn't in favor of the game. It's just selfishly in favor of defending your advantage.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, I'd like it if it was a shotgun blast or something quick. Damage over time from a weapon would be interesting though. For balancing it wouldn't be able to apply a PI.
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Perhaps, but it seems he's getting a health nerf as well...

This is from today's Test Server Patch Notes:

9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Yes because a combo that does 100-150 damage needs to be blockable...

DoTs do more safe DPS than claws do, should we make them blockable too?

You don't need to stop the "onslaught", most legends have ways to out damage an Amon or Sin spamming claw taps through either dots or a combination of tap damage and powers. If you try to block these combos, that's your own fault as it isn't what you should be doing.

If you make the taps blockable, you will cripple Amon and make him low-tier. He's fine as he is.

Yeah I saw that, I'm kind of worried about Steel though. If he gets a health buff & he's already so squishy, he may be over-nerfed in the next patch :p
  10. Eminence Dedicated Player

Almost every legends character has a power that closes the gap, with a lung.
    I dont agree that a power that hits from anywhere between 300-400 damage should be blockable, regardless of the cc.
    • Like x 1
  11. DaiKaiJu New Player

Agreed.

People just need to need to learn how to play. Legends is just like a game of chess at times. Each character has a variety of moves that are good damage move, good, Crowd Control effects, Buffs, Dodges, and/or combinations of the two.

For example, Atrocitous and Fate, have crowd control moves where enemy players in the AOE get grounded and take damage. This can help change the tide of the match in certain maps.

Hal Jordan has SR which can stun enemies in the range of the AOE and does good damage. (Great damage when he is buffed)

People who complain about Amon Sur, need to find a character who can take on Amon Sur. I can find Amon Sur Chatacters challenging at time but Atrocitous is a character that can make the playing field even in my opinion.((At least for me))

People just need to learn their match ups..... Sometimes it's not even the character match up, it's the skill needed to out play the enemy player that needs to be worked on.
    • Like x 2
  12. Demi Sapphire Active Player

Amon Sur is just overused, not overpowered. Wish they had added Abin Sur instead of Amon, but that's a different discussion entirely. lol
    • Like x 3
  13. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

This is pretty spot on, Amon is far from overpowered and is actually one of the better balanced legends. The only thing that really should get adjusted is ram, when compared to other conal short animation moves in legends it does slightly more damage. Still not enough to make him anywhere near overpowered though.
  14. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Has anyone been able to test TF/Harley/JS/Steel on test to see what their health is?
  15. shiny mackerel Committed Player

TF/TF Dom: 6880
    Harvey Dom: 7862
    Harley: 6880
    JS: 4914

Can't test Steel because he's marketplace but he may have gotten the JS treatment as well. Also can't say if these are final because on the first test server patch TF's was higher at 7862 base/8190 dom, Harley's was unchanged, and JS was at 5242. Also Rifle's overhead smash combo is borked atm for legends chars. Maybe they're still messing around with things.
    • Like x 2
  16. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

I'm happy about Two-Face, he will more than likely be a lot more balanced in the next update. Same with harley (though she wasn't anywhere near the level of Two-Face).

I'm hoping JS/Steel are just an oversight & they will have their health adjusted, 4914 is far too low for JS & more than likely Steel too. 5600 suits them fine.

Thanks for the info once again :D
  17. KillshotX Well-Known Player

Mmm, simply put two face with his surviving skills makes him pretty tanky, so yea a nerf on hp is needed to bring him in line. But, raw hp alone doesn't make him a tough fight, dodging powers, ability to bait a blockbreak, adds that mitigate aoe powers, block line of sight, a barrel that does dot (quite abit of damage) and blocks line of sight (solid object if I'm not wrong).

With regards to what people mentioned about the flamethrower, I think it would be more effective if it was closer to handblasters in right tap left tap, would be a quick bb, sustained damage like how a flame effect should be, and you can go on to do other stuff right after that attack, since its close range like a term I'd like to use IN YOUR FACE. :)
  18. Vinny Tireshine New Player

He's not saying he ignores complaints, but he has said on very many occasions, that the devs ignore or don't comment on threads that contain "hey devs, read this!" type of titles in it.

I believe I stated that in the beginning of the thread as well
    • Like x 1
  19. Vinny Tireshine New Player

C'mon, you gotta admit though, that Amon's claw should work just like Hard Light's does in pvp. Besides power claw, every tap is vulnerable to block and knock the HL user down. Pretty sure it doesn't follow the 3 tap rule.

I don't have much of a problem with Amon, but he is very annoying
  20. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

The only issue with making every tap blockable is that Amon will suffer against any legend that can do safe DPS. Any legend that does high DoT would have a huge advantage as Amon wouldn't have any way of even tryng to counter this. With the claws, it gives him a way of dealing moderate damage to try and keep up with these DoT users while you hunt for counters.

He'd also struggle against legends like harley that do good tap damage mixed in with powers & dodge to make ram miss.