Two-Face has been buffed way too hard, can a green explain why? & why so many changes with no info?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Clutchmeister, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Little Sister New Player

Seriously, like above poster said, what is up with Superman ? You'd think he'd be one of the absolute favorites for players, not freaking Amon Sur lol
    • Like x 5
  2. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Yeah a green! Now about that superman buff! He is superman right?
    • Like x 4
  3. Hero of Justice New Player

No, they are saying that they follow but try not to respond to threads that actively call for a dev to read it or explain something in the title. There is a difference.
    • Like x 1
  4. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Better late than never I guess.

I understand the title was strong but that was the point, I was worried that TF would end up being the new steel and this is what has happened. I figured with a title that stands out, it would come to your attention faster as myself & many other legends players don't want to go through the same period of legends having one completely overpowered character. Not to mention I am in good standing with the dev team and I would have thought they'd appreciate the feedback & me voicing the concerns of not only myself but many other of the top and most frequent legends players.

The problem is that his health doesn't just alleviate the small problems, it amplifies the strengths far more than it should. A character with as much DoT potential as TF shouldn't have both very high health, dodge & minions to split damage. This results in someone who can completely ignore parts of the counter system which prevents better skilled players from evening the field through combat mechanics.

Considering his TF domination has so much DoT potential, you either move his base health down to the same as the other bat toons or you give him 7300 & reduce this to 6500-6800 in TF domination to balance out the massive damage increase. You leave Harvey domination as the SC to boost his health up to 8K+ (10K with a damage mitigation ability as great as bullet storm is too excessive).

Harley is another example of someone who has too much in one package. Two dodge abilities, high health AND stealth for crazy burst? Why does huntress/nightwing/Joker have less health when they can't do as much damage & huntress/joker only has one dodge ability? Arkillo/supes/PG/Kilo all do less damage and have no defensive options available to them so why should harley have more health, two defensive abilities and an ability to enable her to do 3K+ burst on a counter? Now she isn't as bad as TF & there are others stronger, I'm just not sure why she has all of these advantages when other lacking legends don't.

So far I haven't been wrong regarding any of the issues I have raised about various legends, whether it was WW CW TF Steel or Sinestro pre-claw and pre-health nerf & regarding the weaker legends it's quite unanimous that supes/pg are very weak and kilowog/arkillo/cheetah/NW/Faust also need some tweaks among others. I understand the desire to utilise legends as the competitive environment for your game & it's for this exact reason why I spend so much time testing & delivering feedback as no one else has the combination of knowledge, skill and dedication to spend their free time doing so as I do rather than simply playing & enjoying the game.

Because of this, if I speak about a problem you can be as close to as certain that it's valid and true. Two months for a character to be THIS overpowered is too long & myself & other dedicated legends players don't want another 1 year+ time frame where one single character is far stronger than everyone else (steel). I can understand slight imbalances but ones this bad need to be fixed ASAP, otherwise it makes legends become dull and tedious when you see most players using a certain character just to get an edge.

If you're going to fix anything on TF, make Harvey domination's pets & barrel better. This way it can be a true contender to be chosen over TF domination & will finally add some variety to him.

The time it takes to re-balance certain characters such as TF shouldn't take so long as they have such a huge impact on legends. Smaller imbalances such as Bane/Atro/Lex or buffs to weaker chars can take longer as at least it can be dealt with, however legends on the scale of old steel/current TF needs adjusting faster due to their bigger impact. This is even more important considering the FNL Tours you & some of the community have been doing (and I'm greatly thankful for the opportunity to play in them).

Finally, this one is kind of important:

Why again was there a change (a slight reduction to TF's health) with no notes made?

It gets tedious having to stumble across these changes through luck or through re-testing every legend. Pretty please can we have all legends changes included in patch notes? :>

Amon sur isn't overpowered. I wish people would stop spreading that false information because it's going to ruin the character.
    • Like x 3
  5. NotZuZu New Player

Amon Sur is exceedingly overpowered, a trait that would be fixed if his claw attack would register as the lunge that it is.
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Amon Sur isn't even close to being overpowered, he isn't even top tier. I've explained time and time again why he isn't, and if you want I can explain why 10 legends are all more powerful and stronger than he is.

A short list as to why he isn't overpowered:

• Lower than average health
    • No defensive abilities
    • Little burst potential
    • Only has safe DPS & CC to fall back on (and there's several legends who also beat him at this)
    There's a reason why he's never, ever used by the best legends players in competitive games.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not ignore - not respond to. Very different.
    • Like x 7
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will do our best not to miss these changes in the future.
    • Like x 8
  9. NotZuZu New Player

That's good to hear, then.
  10. Liongale Dedicated Player

It's a bit misworded there, it's more of a 'avoiding responding in the thread' not avoiding as in not reading it. I think it was back when RadarX was doing forum replays way back when it was said that if they replied to everyone asking for a 'green', then everyone was going to be asking for a green, and they can't start that habit.

And back on topic, woo adjustments! Siphon off that Two-Face health. Make him a glass cannon.
    • Like x 2
  11. Eminence Dedicated Player

o_O Every power that lunges should be blockable? NO
    • Like x 3
  12. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

But he's CC still a problem T_T after they fix that he should be fine :p
  13. Eminence Dedicated Player

I never had a problem with amon, what cc problem are you talking about?
  14. Mei Ritsuko Well-Known Player

He's claw stun every 5 seconds which I found annoying :cool:
  15. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Referring to the CC system at the moment I think. Some people have problems breaking out when CCd (I encounter this when lagging) and also the fact people can get CCd instantly after a breakout or using trinket.

Even then there are legends which CC more than Amon so I genuinely think the reason why people struggle is because they try to block the claw, not realising only the third tap is blockable.
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

In the event no one replied, yes it is.

And it's good to see that the devs have taken note of this thread finally.
  17. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

True, TF is actually going to receive a buff in the next GU as rifle is getting buffed :p I wonder if they will adjust him further after this.
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Why would rifle need a buff? It's already one of the most ridiculous weapons in PvP.
  19. TheLoneLantern New Player

You're joking, right?
    • Like x 2
  20. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

It doesn't deal a great amount of AoE or single target damage & doesn't possess a blockbreaker which is easy to use on reaction. It can be hard to read but it did need a buff within the PvP realm, it just means that TF will also be getting buffed because of it :p