TURN DCUO PINK FOR CANCER AWARENESS!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by sayow55, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayow55 Well-Known Player

cmon everybody take part or all of your costume and turn it pink til the end of the month. there are a lot of us in the game whose lives have been affected by cancer in some form or another. some may think it is corny, but what the heck. LET'S PINK UP DCUO!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  2. Notangie New Player

Some people play games to escape reality and don't want to be reminded of cancer in their escape.
    • Like x 8
  3. Spindle New Player

What is your plan for Movember? Female avi's can't wear moustaches.

I won't partake (simply because I can't stand the colour) but kudo's to anyone who does. I support this in other ways. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. sayow55 Well-Known Player

sorry to bum you out
  5. Ikyotojin2 New Player

box....I've got(with luck)till spring
    I have brain cancer - down to 70%use of my left side, no left hand fine control (no finger use) and blind in one eye... i would LOve a little recognition for those us slated for a pine box(i have till spring 2018 with luck) so i use the game to get away from that nasty "reality" - leave who get what to those who are part of the "club". please.
    • Like x 1
  6. Notangie New Player

I'm sorry I didn't realize you're the only one whose life is touched by cancer and that you speak for everyone.
    • Like x 2
  7. Little Sister New Player

I kicked cancer's butt and I approve of this message ! :)
    • Like x 4
  8. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Whether you agree with the OP or not is of course a personal choice, but I am astounded by the lack of empathy I'm already seeing here.
    • Like x 3
  9. sayow55 Well-Known Player

jesus people it's a color change to remember people or salute people or maybe pray for people. why do people have to be so negative. lkotojin2 should use this for an escape but at least they aren't bitter and trying to bring people down. by the way good luck and my prayers are with you lkotojin2.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ikyotojin2 New Player

At what point did I claim any such thing??? I speak for MYSELF- if you need to start a fight, look else where.
    • Like x 1
  11. Notangie New Player

You replied to me and not to the thread in general as if I was wrong to not want to be reminded of such things while playing a game.
  12. Ikyotojin2 New Player

Apreachiated - i made a villian The P!nk Lantern" and got him to 7th in two hours!
    • Like x 1
  13. iLove Frannyyy New Player

Although I think this idea is pretty cool, I agree with Angie
  14. Delta795 New Player

I have no problem with this as like many cancer has touched many people I know too.
    However I'm shocked this isn't locked yet since on 9/11 they locked threads when I tried
    to honor the many people that were affected on that day.
  15. Claire Bear New Player

what is your name in-game ?
  16. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

even mentioning 9/11 instantly gets you on that line of discussing politics... which isn't allowed on the forums.

Unless it's DCUO politics maybe.

I mean I know I'd vote for the Batman that runs alternate Gotham... free burritos!
    • Like x 1
  17. Lantern Landen New Player

She's not looking for a fight.
    All she said is that people don't want to be reminded of their troubles when they play a game. You have good intentions, and I respect that, I really do, but this isn't a good way to express your support. People find peace in forgetting negative life experiences, so why deny them that right by constantly reminding them of it?

I'm not trying to be negative. You honestly are doing nothing wrong, but just let it be. There are plenty of other ways to support without making a public statement. A lot of times, the unseen things are the most powerful.
    Donate money, hep make the pain easier, be positive with them if you're discussing it directly with them, but do not instigate more pain by bringing it up.
    • Like x 2
  18. SOE-MOD-19 New Player

Thread locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.