Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Make sure you tag me and make a video of that hybrid loadout. I would be stoked to see you do that.
  2. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I swapped from Celestial to Water, find it interesting to say the least. DPS side I'm just starting to get a feel for. Haven't looked into healing as I just came back to the game after about 5 months off.
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

After some tweaking and playing I think I came up with pretty solid DPS loadout. Now granted I'm on 199 CR at this time, so no idea how it works on end game content.

Left to Right here is what I am using:
    Shark Frenzy, Tsunami Strikes, Depth Charge, Bubble, High Tide and Robot SideKick

Rotation is as follows, High Tide, Bubble, Tsunami Strikes, Shark Frenzy/Depth Charge, Tsunami Strikes, Shark Frenzy/Depth Charge

The Shark Frenzy/Depth Charge is whatever is cooled down during the time of rotation.

When either High Tide or Bubble cool down, pop right away. If you use Depth Chrage right after you use Bubble, it will hit for 3 hits I believe in my testing.

Next round of testing will be to take out Robot Sidekick and replace it with Drown, or something that gives Crushing affects, this way depth charge should hit for more.

I'm also working on a battle healer loadouts, I tried one yesterday during the 8 man Anti-Monitor event.. No on died.. so you know there is that! I'm really digging the power overall.
  4. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I see that a lot of people arent using ebb and flow in their dps loadouts. It has the highest base damage (other than high tide aqualance) and the 2nd wave is clippable.
    • Like x 2
  5. L T Devoted Player

Yes it does hit hard.

Haven't worked it into a rotation I like yet.
  6. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I usually clip the 2nd wave with the first hit of tsunami strikes.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Why is water garbage? Finally got around to swapping my main to it, see if I can put a high sp and geared toon to work with it, and I can't seem to match my celestial damage....the best parsing rotation I found, ironically happens to be a hybrid loadout, even then it falls short to the damage potential i had with celestial.

What loadouts is everyone using??
    • Like x 1
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ok, so im away with my family atm and the gf is getting upset because im suppose to be spending time with her. So shhhh.

Lol, on another note. If you are willing to try a PftT rotation, i would be very glad to see you test this loadout. I enjoy it very much and tend to get really good numbers.

Ok, so the loadout is:

Aqualance
    High Tide
    Shark Frenzy
    Bubble
    Call of the Deep
    Tsunami Strikes

I know youre not a fan of Tsunami Strikes, but work with me.

The rotation is Aqualance into High Tide, Shark Frenzy right after High Tide clipped with Bubble, then Tsunami Strikes twice.

Rinse and repeat

If you will, i would love to know what you think. PM me if you like it and wanna give me advice or what you think of it
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm gonna try it on test server, I plan on making another damage assessment thread, but will let you know
  10. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Drown clipped with high tide > aqualance > ebb & clip flow with > tsunami strikes x2. Then repeat. If you clip everything right, you can do the full rotation before aqualance cools down. I have the head mod for call of the deep and the supercharge artifact too. It uses high tide and the pi.
    Ebb & flow has the highest damage potential because both waves can crit. I see that a lot of people here dont use it for some reason.
    • Like x 1
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

So i tested this loadout....to be honest I was skeptical at first but the damage this one deals is quite high....on 10 second intervals I was seeing parses of 17.8k +, on 30 seconds it averaged around 14.9k, which is still fairly low, but high in regards to other water rotations that I've tested lol. With robot sidekick instead of call of the deep, it'll probably end up dealing around 16k, which is right around what i was getting with celestial (without the RS).
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've also tested this loadout, it's similar in damage to the one ballistical ice gave, averaged around 14.8k. I feel like this rotation "flows" better (see what I did there?), but the parses from it overall we're slightly less then the one above yours.
  13. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

You have to take into account how fast you get and use call of the deep also.
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Not sure how my damage chart fell off, I'll figure that out tomorrow. Anyway the most damaging abilities top to bottom are:

Aqualance with High Tide
    Tsunami Strikes (full combo)
    Aquatic Arsenal (full combo)
    Ebb & Flow (together)
    Dehydrate
    Torrent
    Depth Charge
    Shark Frenzy
    Aqualance (no High Tide)
    Crashing Wave
    Waterspouts
    Drown
    and of course Bubble adds hits based on the chart at the beginning of the thread.

That in mind I use:
    Clip Drown, Bubble & High Tide into Aqualance.
    Tsunami Strikes twice

After the 3rd rotation Bubble will be just about off cooldown. I use Dehydrate in the last slot instead of COD.

You can see it towards the end of this clip:
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Im glad you were satisfied with the loadout. I get that the rotation isnt that fluent, so ill probably do some testing after i get home from vacation. I use Ebb in my melee loadout, so ill probably switch one of my powers with Ebb. Let me know if you find another loadout that you like.
  16. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

I love water and it has become my favorite power on my super speeder (Basically a water elemental with water control)

As most of you have already found, using bubble (alerts) or the 8 man heal (raids) clipped with riptide makes healing even edge content pretty easy as you have 7/24 shields and only need a little healing to keep everyone topped off. In many ways water is the defensive driving class of healer: Keep them safe so you don't need to patch them up.

For DPS, I found a really fun rotation that really does a good job of mimicking a cartoon speeder attack is:
    crashing wave (Super speed in combat zoom up to your target and boast your damage)
    clipped with bubble (shield plus extra damage)
    > whirling dervish (SS point blank AOE, movable)
    > SS circle of speed. (PBAOE, non-movable)
    -> Repeat.

The timing works perfectly and it burns so little power I can keep it up all the time while flashing around the battle field and chewing up the opponents.

I also like to have Dehydrate in my SC slot as unlike other DPS SC I can use it at any time, but by the time I need it, It's usually at least 50% and can deal quite a wallop, especially if I fire it off just after doing Crashing wave > Bubble > DPS trinket.
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

O.k. I got the damage chart back on (pg 2), fyi.

The one thing to note about High Tide in regards to use with Shark Frenzy: it still doesn't function as it is supposed to. Having HT active is supposed to make SF crit every time, but it doesn't. This was noted by testers before Water was released, and still has not been fixed. So at the moment the best use of HT is to cast it before Aqualance, which adds 6 hits, making Aqualance the highest damage out ability in the set (without HT Aqualance is 9th out of 12 abilities).
    • Like x 1
  18. Tilz Loyal Player

When I was water right with the release I actually had never problems with the flying shark.
    I think you can do 1 full TS combo after HT and then you need to use shark.. otherwise it won't crit. The HT is not active as long as it's on cooldown. I think it's like 1/3 active of the entire cooldown?

That's from my experience.. but has been some time since i have been water

Also to add a thing that was brought up recently:

When using HT and the shark there is a delay between shark cast and the actual hit. All hit's that hit around the same time that the shark hits will also crit. For example you can make the SC crit (100% safe crit) or the 1st TS hit right after using the shark will also crit. always.
    It's tricky, but weapons also work... but that timing is really really hard to hit.
  19. L T Devoted Player

Water Base Damage numbers:

[IMG]

Power Costs might not all be accurate-- did some of them from memory while the game is down. Looking at Shark Frenzy, it's either OP or it really costs 300 power.
    Supercharges-- take these numbers with a grain of salt. They don't have a lot of samples behind them.

If anyone cares, I'm still using:

Drown c/w bubble - Depth Charge c/w riptide - Depth Charge - TSx3 - Depth Charge

Currently using Dehydrate in the final spot for single target damage.
    • Like x 2
  20. SparkmanX Committed Player

My main character is water and I'm already talking to my league about the possibility of changing his power again. I admit that the concept of a healer is interesting, but I think that the aspect of sound is what has left me unattended. The power is called tsunami, but it would seem that he threw balloons with water to the enemies. The idea is to feel powerful with my character, but for some reason I do not feel that way.

If there was a way to play hybrid with this power, I would definitely take that path.