Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Had using a rotation of Drown clipped hightide clipped riptide then aqualance clipped hightide shark frenzy then TS. The do a round of TS shark or TS lance until you can get HT/RT up at the same time for the back to back double HT buff
  2. Thunder Pick New Player

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but I was running age of justice alerts the other day as a healer. And while I normally run the solstice>riptide>solstice combo, I tried a bubble>riptide>weapon combo, reusing bubble when someone lost it, and it turned out to be a great combo. Rarely would I even need to heal (this goes for the bosses and adds).
  3. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Try this rotation i was getting highest dps of any rotation with this : CW-B-HT-SF-AA Clip with AA- AA clip with AA-AA clip with AA -AA clip with AA Repeat the entire rotation. I currently get 14-15 k dps on test in 30 seconds
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

The bubble riptide combo in alerts is insane. Ended up with a 0 damage in as heal and around 100k healing out in the entire alert.. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Streven Dedicated Player

I tried it. It feels like a decent raid loadout but not very versatile for small content. I like me some CC. Plus I didn't parse any better with it that I could tell. I guess it just feels like a novelty to me.

I do think riptide is a must for healers. I currently don't feel any if the high tide bonuses are worth a 200 cost power. I guess that it's clippable is worth noting but a guaranteed crit for SF does nothing to excite me. The dot on lance is good but I think there are better things you can do with 400 power and 2 loadout spots. Namely iconics. The lance animation is kinda cool though.

I feel like frenzy, depth charge, lance, and spouts all need a slight bump in their base damage. I'd like to see hightide interactions added to spouts and depth charge also.
    • Like x 1
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Yea spouts and depth are lackluster and that loadout was Just something i was messing with, haven't really seen anyone try the double high tide thing. Can get a bit power hungry tho
    • Like x 1
  7. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Try this guys
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My loadout is high tide, riptide, tranquil pools, bubble, tempest guard, tsunami strikes.

I am going for more of a damage prevention rather than healer loadout. I keep high tide on cool down always. It benefits multiple powers with extra heals and an extra shield. I use riptide to drop two healing pools. Between these two pools and tsunami strikes, that's all the heals I've needed in alerts and raids. If you do it correctly, you'll get 3 group shields out of this. Just have to rotate shields and keep pools out.

I literally changed my earth toon, 198cr 112sp, to water. Bought a set of TC gear for healer gear. My face, neck, rings, utility belt and trinket are all dps still. My resto is around 8k. Again, this is more damage prevention than healing. I think I can make it better by using mass provocation consumables and keeping all hate on me, in alerts.
  9. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Any word yet in when they plan to fix shark frenzy? It's been broken for over a month now since it was even on test and the devs still refuse to fix it. Went to D2 for a few weeks hoping they'd fix their mistake and come back to a new DLC but still my same problem
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

New water white mods ive seen are accelerated solace of the sea. Energized tempest guard. And restorative water spouts.
    • Like x 3
  11. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Also, while I get that it is a post count booster it was very a very annoying guide to read since there was a single post for every single power and so on. Definitely needs some work. You got the free post count boosts so you should definitely go back in and fix it up some. I mean it took over a full page just to get past the names of powers. I never thought I would say this, but the Celestial guide that Fatal Star/Charmed Legacy did should be the standard for all guides. Anyway....

Thus far I admit that water looks great, but there is just something I do not like about it. As mentioned by the OP the SotS circle can be extremely annoying. I have watched it cause deaths in Blackest Night, GC Zoo, etc. Again, it does look pretty cool though. It has a lot of good healing moves, but sadly I couldn't bring myself to part with Sorcery and I am yet to meet a Water healer that is decent. Even when I find ones who have the same CR as me I am putting out twice as much healing. So I have to sacrifice looks for performance currently. I do have an alt though and a friend of mine made the switch. Here is what I have on my alt (who is definitely nowhere near the level of my main)

Soothing Mist - Heals you and whoever is hurt the most
    Mending Wave - Heals you and 3 others
    Blessing of the Depths - Heals everyone
    Solace of the Sea - HoT
    Tempest Guard - Shield+a heal at the end
    Riptide - Removes cooldowns

Back-up Powers:

Flood of Power
    Bubble
    High-Tide

Pretty much just like with Sorcery you want the SotS circle down at all times. I don't know why but it seems that this circle may operate differently as many of the players do not get it on the Tank. It usually somehow is covering the DPS area. I would use the Riptide move to stack two of these HoTs though and throw Tempest Guard when it is available. Again, I have not tested it at an end-game level, but for most of the content it should only require TG and SoTS+Riptide to stack it. When serious damage comes in use Soothing Mist if it is just one person or you are power poor, Wave if it is anything more then 1 person (Often a 3rd takes damage right as you're healing the other 2) and Blessing when the **** hits the fan. I cannot explain how to do it, but a lot of times I will throw the equivalent of blessing (Invocation of renewal) a split second before half the team takes extreme damage. I guess part of the magic is anticipating when serious damage is going to hit. I also use the Empowered channeling hands mod to make sure IoR does not get removed, and I would guess that hopefully BotD is also covered in this? Surely.

As for the "Back up powers" I will explain further. So I am not a fan of carrying around a move that is useless most of the time. Even pre-revamp when the Munitions "Big Gun" was the ad killer 5000 I would only use it when needed. I have noticed that the majority of boss fights either yield an opportunity to stop and swap, or there is some kind of cutscene/movie that gives you the perfect chance to swap out moves. What I often do is swap in a supercharge and then activate my build to get whatever move back. In the case of water the Flood Of Power move is without a doubt the SC that I would call upon. Basically just take riptide off and put FoP on. Use it up. Activate build. Back to business. If I was bored or I knew the content was not seriously insane you could also swap RipTide and Tempest Guard for Bubble and Hightide. I am not able to test this at a high level content, but I will say that for whatever reason in the Zoo Elite raid Bubble was listed as what was killing the team members often hitting us for over 30k damage. All in all I feel like it could be a solid healing power in the right hands. I definitely see some great opportunity here. Someday I will have it at end game. Just gotta finish this SP grind first ;)

For DPS I have not got to entirely test everything out. With any of the powers that I have "Mastered" I keep my loadout setup to where all 6 moves are something I majorly love, but also making sure that all 6 moves are actually something effective.

Drown, Aqualance, Riptide, Depth Charge, Torrents, Ebb and I will swap between Ebb and Bubble. May put waterspouts back in if I get the restorative mod at any point. I loves me some restorative leg mods. I definitely need to work on this.

I will update if I actually figure out what I am doing here on the DPS side. Just kinda lost passion with that whole aspect of any power do to the tryharding.
  12. Midnyt2 New Player

I got 3 loadouts, maybe someone could give them a try and see what they think.

1 - Drown c/ high tide c/ bubble , aqua lance, depthcharge, 2x tsunami wave.
    This one uses PI of drown to boost damage of aqua lance, riptide and I believe tsunami. And bubble to boost all damage.

2 - shark c/ hightide c/ bubble, aqua lance, depthcharge, tsunami x2
    Replaced drown with shark, u don't get the PI but it seems to hit harder, slightly. And bubble boosts all damage.

3 - now this one isn't very well tested as the sparring targets don't regen power and I didn't have a troll to help me test.

Now the idea here is to keep bubble up all the time, where as in my two previous loadouts, bubble would be on cooldown for the next 2 rotations.

Shark c/ hightide c/ bubble c/ riptide , aqua lance, tsunami x2.

This allows for a near constant active bubble. Use bubble only every second rotation as it lasts for almost the full two rotations if clipped fast enough.

In three span of only one rotation, this looks weak, but with quick clipping and the constant shield buff, in the long run of a raid, i believe this one to be stronger.

I feel 3 had real potential, but like stated above, will need a troll for power since the sparring targets don't regen power.

Anyways, I look forward to your feedback.

Thx
    • Like x 1
  13. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I have 2 dps loadouts.

This is my go-to for raids.
    1.) Drown 2.) High Tide 3.) Aqualance 4.) Ebb & Flow 5.) Tsunami strikes 6.) Call of the Deep
    I use drown clipped with high tide > Aqualance > Ebb & flow clipped with
    Tsunami strikes x 2, then repeat. I have the CoD SC mod so it comes back pretty fast.

Waterbending Loadout
    1.) CW, 2.) Bubble 3.) Riptide 4.) Backflip Attack 5.) Tsunami strikes (or ebb & flow) 6.) whirlpool
    CW clipped with bubble clipped with riptide > backflip attack > tsunami strikes
    This loadout is great for surving solo content while managing power.

Healing loadouts

Alerts (boring but effective lol)
    1.) Bubble 2.) Riptide 3.) Tempest Guard 4.) SoS 5.) Tsunami Strikes 6.) healing supercharge
    Just keep clipping bubble with riptide and you have a 24/7 shield. Throw up tempest if the shield breaks. Whenever I heal with this, I aim to get the lowest healing out possible with shields lol. This is good for the unmodded healers.

Raids
    1.) High Tide 2.) Tempest Guard 3.) Riptide 4.) SoS 5.) Tsunami Strikes 6.) healing sc (Im drawing a blank on the name)
    Clip the first 3. Sometimes I sync the shield with boss skulls or whatever the mechanics of the raid are. Your healing out on the scoreboard will not seem like a lot because you are using shields and there is less to heal when damage is blocked.
    • Like x 2
  14. Misteryio1 New Player

Hi guys iv been looking into switching to water.im currently nature.love nature but hate that the dps side I’m stuck as a wolf or gorilla all the time.how the healing side of water is it decent for raids?also did they fix shark attack to crit all the time or is aqualance the better option still?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Only just seen post above mine.loadouts look decent.would you recommend switching or stick with nature?
  15. EP Ice Loyal Player

I created a water toon when the power first came out and I like it a lot. The healing side is great and efficient for all content. The DPS side is fun and there are so many options for loadouts. I am seriously thinking about switching my sorcery toon to water because I like it that much. Just my opinion though.
    • Like x 2
  16. Misteryio1 New Player

I made the switch so just trying to figure out best loadouts for dps first.respec tokens were on sale so got a few just incase I don’t enjoy it.so far seems fun.seem to get interrupted a lot when using tsunami strikes which can be frustrating but I’m sure i’ll Figure it all out tonight.
    did you go supercharge or dehydrate?
  17. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

So.. Does anyone play this power anymore?
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Nope, guess you can say water lost its "flow" of players.

Doesn't help it's a mediocre dps and a one trick pony healer.
    • Like x 1
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I guess im the only one then. I still play it and its alright for now
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have a water alt, but I find it hard to keep my focus with. Other then the very dull tsunami strikes sound effects and visuals, it's just a bland power for me to play. I want to try it as hybrid but with weapons in their shotty state I don't want to do that either lol.
    • Like x 1