Trolls Are Becoming An Endangered Species On DCUOL

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mathias Whister, Oct 22, 2015.

1. John Gates Active Player

I think everyone just imagines that a class is vanishing, I normally play as a tank and usually am able to pug a troller but I even considered changing to troller but my league said don't since we have quite a few trolls already and less tanks.

So for me it seems like tanks are a dying breed even though I know that's not the case.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

At least troller arent excluded from alerts like tanks are.
  3. MuTeDx Committed Player

Trolling is boring, PoT, brawling wm, debuff/dump clip, wm, debuff/dump clip, wm, dump, wm, dump repeat. I switched to tanking and I love being up in the mix, it really makes me wish HL never got the range PoT. Stunning ads is still my fav thing to do in the game but with immunities it's a gamble on whether or not the immunities will be the cause of a wipe.

Imo I think all troll powers need a revamp on the troll side and the way it works. PoT needs to go and we need true power regen through the use of our powers.

How does it make sense that a mental DPS can SPAM a rotation SANS TROLLER and their power bar will never be under full, they don't even need a target to hit it just happens. But as a HL TROLL or even a Mental troll you arw running out of power left and right with ZERO power back from use of TROLL type powers. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Trolls have been trying to achieve a piece of what power back does for YEARS and then all of a sudden DPS has TOO MUCH POWER but a Troll can't even think of doing dmg without losing power output. I quit trolling over this shizz, it's literally a giant tube steak protein shake to everyone who has mained Troll. But Controller always was the red headed child of roles, why should it change now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Joybird Committed Player

Trollers were always a mistake. There's no need for a power-generating class I'm a properly balanced game. WoW has a balanced group of 3 dps, one tank, and one healer. DCUO has one tank, one healer, one dps, and one troller. However, more people want to play dps than any other role, So, they generated unbalanced content to compensate and squeeze in another dps. It's bad design, and always has been.
    • Like x 3
  5. Zlohsac Committed Player

Yes!! OMG this!! It makes no sense that there is only 2 powers that give power outside of a group shield that is a SC. Debuffs should work like a PoT and stack like healers and their HoTs.
    • Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Trolls are becoming endangered for 3 reasons off the top of my head:
    1) Support roles constantly are the go to's to get blamed,
    If You wipe, the dps are gonna have one thing in common, blame the tank, blame the heal, blame the troll, nobody else but themselves because DPS are invincible(sarcasm)

2) Armories
    Not everyone wants to spend 10 bucks, per toon.
    I'mma just use this as an example: If I had ten toons and wanted to get them armories, I'd have to spend 100$.

3) Plus DPS is generally the easier role people look and fill for.

Devs can't encourage or force people to play what they don't want, it's bad enough we don't have anymore variety within powersets.
    Tell me about it, I'm actually gonna fear pugging after all these mid ranged updates due to bad support role players having an excuse to use their AM instead of doing their job..
    • Like x 1
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

thats not true ...EUPC is full of them ,my league is full of them the only endangered role i see is the TANK!
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i am a Endangered species people should treat me better :p
    • Like x 1
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Controller powers never got my interest.
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

its simple controller is a thankless job
    • Like x 3
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

I love it when people say we only need one troll to keep everyone powered. I laugh as its appRent they do not respect what a troll does if they even know. Ah well what can u do?
    • Like x 2
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i remember the days when they were no 5-1-1-1 groups and then when the groups dies they blame support roles, and they wonder why people are stop playing support roles.
    • Like x 3
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

BD last boss with the ads as a tank I ask hey bud can u stun the adds. Solo trolls respsonse. Yea I am trying but between 2 healers a tank and debuffs I am stuck waiting for sodas. Lol however could we fix this and make the end boss fight smoother? Hummmmm

Welp if they can replay well its ok cause this is the requirements of dcuo
    • Like x 2
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i don't even run raids anymore,i am getting to the point where i can just run solo content and i would be fine, cause i dont really care to be op.
    • Like x 1
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Well put, Those are the reasons why i quit trolling, i can care less about the thank you great trolling, i quit because i was expected to do too many things at once especially while i'm solo trolling a raid, then you have idiots who spam powers and expect them to magically come from a Troll.
    • Like x 2
  16. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Trolls are far from endangered, they are all over these forums.
  17. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

If anyone needs tips:

In order to double tic, you need to cast your PoT immediately following the 5th tick.
    In order to get a triple tick you simply follow the previous process except you clip your PoT with your burst.
    In order to get a quad tick, your SC has to be going while reproducing the two previous processes.

The extra ticks don't continue to tick, they're one time bursts that you've managed to sync.
  18. CajunKhan Well-Known Player

Controllers are rare because they don't actually feel like the character-type they are intended to emulate, which is to say Batman types. Batman doesn't do the most damage, nor can he take the most damage. Rather, he does things like finding a way to turn off the villain's force-field, or blind the villain. In game terms, Batman is a devastating debuffer and disrupter.

This game doesn't really allow a Controller to do the sorts of thing Batman does in team-fights, doesn't really allow Controllers to debuff and disrupt. Instead it makes them into Alfreds, delivering nutritious food to the real heroes so they can keep going.

No one wants to play Alfred, so the role has kind of failed.
    • Like x 1
  19. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Just do what I do in a bad run and the dps start pointing fingers " Hey guys there's 5 dps ok and the only stuff dieing is because the dps are too close to the boss so back up and put your 50 something Sp to good use " .
    • Like x 1
  20. NewGodAsura Well-Known Player

Yet another role war on dcuo lol. I have to tell the truth on this one saying that this is the only mmorpg that complains over roles. Seriously, even the people on League of legends don't bicker over something so basic and that's the sad part. When a new raid like Bd comes out do you go in with all dps and one tank? or the other way around? no because each role does its part. You guys argue about this like two jocks arguing over boxers and briefs.