Troll weapon choices?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrShyGuy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. MrShyGuy New Player

Are there any weapons or weapon masteries that give more power back as a troll?

I've always used hand blasters solar flare cause it's simple and quick, but I've noticed alot of weapon mastery trolls and I'm scared I'm missing something?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Weapon mastery combos don’t regen power anymore. The best troll weapons are hand blasters. The hold range tap range gain the best sc and have the best power regen. And tap range x3 hold range is a great cc combo to help tanks.

The reason that trolls use weapon mastery (usually dw) is for damage.
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Brawlers MA wm combo is quick and nice for trolls. Brawlers do good AOE damage too
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The thing is that weapon mastery combos don’t give back power or gain sc anymore. And as far as I know they removed the power regen being increased by the combo meter. So using brawling is actually kinda bad because the tap part of the combo only regens a very little bit of power and and sc.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I'm a HB pulse beam guy - old habit but it still seems to work well enough
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

HB - solar flame clip has always been my go to.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Idk if any combo give more or less power back, I was just saying brawler wm is almost as good and does more damage. The damage is comparable to DW explosive shot damage
  8. Isif Committed Player

I have good luck with regen using rifle with no mastery. I only use WM on my hybrid damage loadout.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

hand blasters: reach higher hit tiers regening one's own power, possibly the second fastest regen in game.
    martial arts shuriken storm/brawling's Weapon Mastery version: hit the most mobs at once besides arrow storm making one hit count as several causing regen equal if not superior to handblaster's regular cycle.
    bow: arrow storm and flurry shot constitute several shots in one as well, meaning it's also viable and much like the other's mentioned have a degree of aoe damage to help with trolling.
    dual pistols: full auto has aoe capabilities and pistols has perhaps the third best power regen of any weapon on the list as well as slip shot which has gotten me out of lethal situations ALOT.
    rifle: same as handblasters, fast regular hit cycle.

in general avoid slow melee weapon choices unless you're using brawling's aoes and shuriken storm Weapon mastery.
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Hit counter has no relation to Power regen anymore. Each combo regens 1 tick of power with the amount being determined by a percentage of your maximum Power.
    • Like x 3
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

that's true, however i would still recommend them for trolling, as the aoe hits will help with crowd controlling a bit, especially if like pistols/handblaster it has knock back and stunning effects.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Depends what you want to do as a controller. If you want to give out the most power ie earn the most supercharge there are only 2 weapon combos and that's it. Anyone telling you otherwise is wrong. You have handblasters solar flame (meteor blast is slightly slower but negligible) and dual pistols slip shot. Handblasters is the smoother clip of the 2 as its easier to do the slip shot incorrectly and during the course of an entire raid the slip shot clip can be tedious, also the damage you'd do is much lower with DP compared to HBS.

If you don't care about power and just want to have casual fun as a controller pick whatever weapon you want then but if you are concerned with your power out and supercharge regeneration its that or nothing.
    • Like x 1
  13. lieutenant Active Player

Rifle gives you power back the fastest just by holding triangle and if you spec vit and you're not with a dumb group you don't have to depend on a supercharge. Speccing might and power first hurts you waaaaayyyy more than it actually helps people just want a supercharge when honestly its not even always necessary. Solar flame from Hand Blasters is decent but I prefer rifle.
    • Like x 1
  14. lieutenant Active Player

People really slaw af at this game be giving out lame information like you not helping the community at all
  15. Nybatteri New Player

Bow for life!
  16. Terri Ashra Committed Player

The absolute best weapon for a controller is 2 handed. It does damage, stuns and knocks down enemies, generates power quickly and it has flurry mastery and megasmash for countering people
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

I like staff for hybrid in any role but that's just me. Don't remember the name of the range combo I use for trolling but it was added when they were doing the revamp, think it's tap tap hold.
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

Looked it up, it's called focused barrage. From the wiki:
    Tap Range x2, Hold Range
    Block Breaker : Vulnerable to Interrupt
    Unleashes a flurry of projectiles to smash through and stun a blocking opponent's defenses.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Until I encounered this thread, the answer I'd heard by far the most is that dual pistols is #1 with hand blasters a close 2nd and everything else too distant to consider if you're only concern is maximizing performance. You essentially want the quickest combo that includes a button hold.

I can't imagine WM combos being worth the SP and/or the execution time unless A: you have so much SP that you can battle troll without sacrificing core troll functions B: you have a specific battle troll loadout for the somewhat rare scenarios in which a battle troll playstyle is equally or more beneficial to the team, C: you'e one of those types who is so married to the troll role that you do everything, even open world stuff, as a troll.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Speaking purely on numbers and without consideration to things like playstyle and fun, without prec augments, prec artifacts, DPS gear and/or SP on prec, talking about "most weapon damage" for a troll loadout is like talking about which mason jar of pennies will put me closer to my goal of buying and furnishing a ten bedroom mansion on the beach.
    • Like x 1