Top Bug - Info Needed Transformation card in new episode.

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Pale Rage, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Oh for sure. That’s why I’m gonna do it with leaguemates. I need them to understand, help compensate and keep me alive during the times when it looks like I’m standing there doing nothing while I’m opening the stats screen or adjust/scrolling the combat log. I also want them to slow up on the burn rate so I can get a larger/longer data samples of parser results.
    • Like x 1
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

After the hotfix tomorrow morning we have more tagging in place for us to help track stuff down when being shadowed by Mepps or a designer.
    • Like x 2
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm uploading a duo run right now, but I did catch a few instances of the crit percentages jumping around during cutscenes. It always bounced back to the correct stats when the boss fights started, though, but it might be related. I'll pop the link in a message when it's done.
    • Like x 1
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Mepps mentioned that a lot of stuff goes off during cutscenes, for the cutscene, so stats may appear different then. And when he was following me around, everything was working right (go figure lol), right after cutscene, stats back to normal. It wasn't doing that before. If everything on DC's end is working correctly (with this artifact) il my only guess would be latency/lag in user systems updating until later from the end of the cutscene.

He said he'll jump on tomorrow, and if it happens again I'll just send him a tell so he can jump right on it to see what's going on. Seems kinda odd that suddenly it's working while being monitored. Until today, I just kinda stopped checking it for a while.
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

I can't say that I've noticed any drop off in stats during fights, but I'm not super keyed into that. Ever since someone mentioned cutscenes, I started paying attention. Looks like every cutscene, the trans stats drop off and then pop back in...even in older Omni content. I wonder if, for some reason, for some people, it isn't popping back afterwards because of latency, like you said. I'll keep an eye out for stats that don't come back. Guess my OBS will be getting a workout...
    • Like x 1
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, I've seen stats jump and dive in cutscenes in older content, figured it was just stat clamp adjustments there. But when I first reported this here, I noticed it because of my combat log. I was keeping watch on the combat log from trying different rotations, and noticed my crit rate percent was hardly ever going above %12, when generally I see it anywhere between %25-40. That's when I started opening my inventory and checking my stats during fights (after casting lacerate or HV, to give me a second to look). In the alert it (critical chance) was constantly changing between 26 and 46, and in the duo it usually stayed at 26. That's when I made the initial report. Only bothered checking sporadically after reported, and not often the past few weeks/month.

After having Mepps follow me today, and checking it myself again as well, I wonder if it is just a latency issue in the morning after reset, which is when I generally run the newer content. I'll be watching it closely tomorrow, and getting screen shots if it goes haywire.
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

We did at least, manage to verify that for some reason critical damage was getting an %18 increase in Doomed DC (at least on my character lol).
  8. PickArole Well-Known Player

You all talking about critical. I have a question. Why is it that the artifact that boosts crit chance and damage not work correctly? First off I've seen white non critical hit WAY harder than critical. The most important part is why does the 136% increase in damage vary SO much? I've seen crits go from 75-90k all the way down to 300! I'm completely sure my lowest damage is well above 30 or 40 damage. If I deal 1000 damage my lowest damage should NOT drop below 2360 damage with a 136% increase. Both my tools gt 300 crits all the time. 358 fire and a 358 sorcery. 150 plus main art and 120plus secondary with over 200sp. It's NOT a 136% crit increase, it's a VARIABLE increase at best!
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m happy this is finally being looked into. A player like me leans pretty hard into their raw stats, so having an artifact practically disabled in the latest episode has been less than ideal.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Consider first base damage, which will likely be lower than your average hit. Then consider damage multipliers, which powers hit harder, and which hit less. Then you have DoT's, which hit likely won't reach base damage amount of a regular burst hit.

Burst hit for example, has a damage range, not an exact figure each time. Then you also have to consider enemy defense. One hit might pierce defense a bit more, another a bit less. Your critical multiplier also has a significant amount of equations in it, and also in a specific range.

Let's say your base hit (for example purpose only) is a bar damage of 100. If the enemy defense is calculated as 1 point = .5 reduction points in damage, then a defense of 10 could lower the base hit, without piercing, to 95. So a %100 critical increase would hit for 190.
    Let's say though, you pierce defense, and only 6 defense is counted, reducing the hit by 3, 97 damage applies, and at %100 critical damage you'd hit for 194.

Factor in each power does a different amount of base damage multiplier. A 100 power cost hit, that has damage split, will do less damage than a 300 power cost hit under the same conditions. Some powers do not split damage, and may be a lower power cost, or even be a single target damage, which would increase it's damage against 1 target. Your numbers will always be variable, but within a set parameter, based upon a plethora of calculations used to achieve the damage.

You can look up, different calculations used in programming, for damage multipliers, critical damage increases, enemy defense, etc.
    • Like x 1
  11. PickArole Well-Known Player

That will cover my questions rather well. I didn't put defense into consideration. It was looking like a linear math setup. Not a fan of that garbage, no wrong answers and damage would be ALL over the place. For anyone else who reads this and questions the 136% increase, scaling for content I'm sure must happen as well. Thanks for the explanation, VERY much appreciated!
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We haven't been able to reproduce this ourselves internally or catch it while following people on live. Please let us know right away if you see this and note the time.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Is anyone able to see their crit chance/mag on the census? It was down a while so I can't remember if that was included. It may be easier to record in split screen of any changes in stats.
  14. PickArole Well-Known Player

Lol. My slowness just hit me in the face. These stats jumping as you're all saying isn't just artifact related. My stats can vary from the one side of the HOL to the other side. Also the omega drink DONT change My stats at all! DON'T quote me it may work correctly when in combat, but my stats are almost NEVER the same when I look at them. Don't matter if it's been 10 minutes or 10 seconds.