Transformation And Strategist Card on Precision Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Careless, Dec 7, 2019.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Personally I think trans is the single artifact that is a must for all dps, both prec and might.

For most might powers the second must have is solar amp for single target. Which also has a lot of base stats.

Last slot for might has a few options
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

So Trans IS that good of an artifact as of now, then. Sadly, it's a whole lot of metal to rank it up to a proper level. Makes me wonder how long it's gonna stay good until it's nerfed, deeming all that metal a waste.

In its current state, is it still good at 160 or do you need the full 200-percentage for it to be useful?
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s good at 160. Id definitely prioritize it over artifacts once you get them to 160.

For electric you can go with either philosophers stone, strategist, or soul cloak for last slot.
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Good to know, thanks for the info. the latest artifact i've been working on for my Elec is Philosophers stone. I still have the good ole' Solar left, but as far as AoE-rotations goes, which is what I mostly use on my Elec, there's likely something more optimal to replace Solar with?

I'm still rocking Eye, aswell as Coak on him too. Only the eye is at 160 so far though, seeing as it's an alt that I don't spend too much time with.
  5. L T Devoted Player

The transformation is a straight buff to your damage, healing, and power output. EXCEPT. Since it only affects crits, pet and trinket damage isn't buffed, nor is pet healing buffed. That makes it less desirable for Earth, Sorcery, and Quantum. It also makes it pair less well with the dead King's Scepter artifact.

For all other power sets it's quite good. For alts who heal it's desirable because one artifact works in either role.

If you already have artifacts leveled up, I don't see it as an absolute must have, but if you're not put off by dumping nth metal into it, it's very flexible.
    • Like x 2
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

It'll come very handy on my water healer I think, as I mainly heal but do keep up dps'ing aswell. So my healer's definately getting one of her existing artifacts replaced with Trans.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree with everything you said except for one thing. It does not affect power out (as far as I am aware).

For dps I think it’s a must for all powers. You’re right that it’s not as beneficial for those earth and to a lesser extend sorcery because of for most loadouts guardian does more damage than fury. But I do think it is still a damage increase, this being because might doesn’t affect pet damage either. I find it a big help on fire and especially ice because they rely on their big hits critting to get good damage. And this makes them have a better chance on doing so.

Strategist on the other hand isn’t always a buff. For example, celestial does a lot more damage on aoe when using horus over strategist or grim. However this also means that you do lower damage on bosses by a big amount. If we had a 4th slot that there would be great synergy between trans, strat, and Horus. And I say 4 because the venom is a must have for prec dps. The horus helps maintain an additional dots which means you get more chances to get the strat to proc. For powers than lack a good dot, the horus helps with that on aoe.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup, I love the trans on water celestial and nature
  9. L T Devoted Player

Well.....water relies heavily on shields, which aren't affected by the Transformation. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, but there may be better options like eye of Gemini or soul cloak.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Already have both cloak and gemini. also have the orb and having plans to get up the other healing artifact aswell. Trans would just do a good job of serving both roles just like gemini or cloak have done for me, since the main reasoning was both healing and dps'ing and what not.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It contains the following dialogue :

Tactical Advantage
    Upon achieving a critical hit on a target, there is a chance to apply Tactical Advantage on that target based on the type of ability used for (4/8/8/8) seconds.
    * Damage Critical: Apply a damage over time.
    * Heal Critical: Apply a heal over time.
    * Power Heal Critical: Apply a power over time.

-------

so it DOES proc a Power Heal Chance, but it's not affected by the Critical modifier or Percentile Output changes by the Transformation Card. I use it on my Controller because "More damage and More Power".
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m his post he mentioned the transformation and not the strategist which got me confused. I do use the strat for my troll along with the soul cloak and rao
    • Like x 1
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I am currently using Venom Wrist (200), Transformation Card (160) and Grimorium Verum (160). I am planning to change out Grim. for Strategist Card, which I have at 140 currently. Would people suggest I change out Grim now, or wait til 160 for the double proc before using Strat?

I have armories for dual wield, two handed and brawl, if that makes a difference.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Two hand - > Strat now, Brawl (using ES?) - > Strat now, DW - > Grim till Strat is 160, esp. if you're using a Might Ability with PI to start, though at 160, the Strat will outpace Grim.
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

Strat, transformation, solar amp with a nature dps gorilla form is something mean as a might dps it can definitely rival or surpass precision.
    • Like x 1
  16. DiscoSoup Active Player

I have been using all three cards as a Light DPS. Currently PFFT, but heavily considering switching to Prec. Since the setup requires lots of crits, would I benefit from switching to a pistols from rifle? Faster rate of fire gives a higher chance for the strategist to trip.
  17. gemii Dedicated Player

Your constantly Critting as your clipping through your construct rotation and it’s non stop damage. Strat/trans should work fine with HL

And on your range loadout your also constantly critting between handclap and grasping hand.

I’d try it out before switching
    • Like x 1
  18. DiscoSoup Active Player

Thanks for that advice. I am constantly critting. I might go a second or two without one, then get like three in a row the next second. I just am not seeing the Strategist activate very often at all. That's indicated by the card above the head, no? I'm at level 143, so it'll probably pick up when I get the bonus at 160.
  19. appocolyps Committed Player

Word of advice to some people, keep your Grim, unless you are superclipping with gadgets, nature or using 2x snow devil with ice, the best 3 Artifacts for prec are currently Trans, Strat, Grim. It is better dps than with Venom.

The trick is to only re-apply your prec buff once every 16 seconds when phase dodge is off cooldown. This grants a higher dps than re-applying the buff every 12 secs on cooldown and not clipping the animation!
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not true. I (along with many others) have tested this multiple times and taking out venom has always been a damage loss. I have not been able to ever replicate this.

Are you using 10 second parsers? If so that is why you are getting these false readings