Transformation And Strategist Card on Precision Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Careless, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Careless Active Player

I think debris field might be better than tpull if running trans,strat,and venomwrist. As far as ice goes i tested with trans/strat/grim vs vwd/trans/grim and to me it seems the first setup is more consistent than not running strat. You get higher parses by about 2-3k using vwd/trans/strat but your low parses are alot lower than trans/grim/strat by about 4-5k.
    Would crystal out parse one snow devil and robot sidekick?
  2. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I think it is too, debris field does like 20 ticks to give you a better chance of proccing strat but only if a boss doesn’t move much since it’s not like overhead dot on a single target for fire that stays on a target no matter where it goes
  3. Fieryvegtank Level 30

When I see these interesting long threads theres always a glimmer of hope I will see someone who knows something about prec fire. But no one seems to test it lol. Guess I'm on my own with that one haha.
  4. Careless Active Player

Fire prec is pretty basic nothing really standa out about it for prec like other powers. the supercharges arent that good over heat is okay but other powers just bring more to the table
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No one I talked to has said that not using vwd was a damage increase in single target. And if you are getting 14 clips of flurry shot than you are jump clipping to soon which means you also loose damage.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For fire you can use:

Overheat, fiery weapon, stole flame, baterange (iconic throwing knives)/spontaneous combustion, robot sidekick, and neo venom.

I might go back to retest fire but not quiet sure)
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I wouldn’t say basic. Stoke flame is a good dot that can clip which also heals you giving you a little bit of survivability for doing melee on adds and midrange for bosses.
  8. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Maybe 13, and no I’m consistently getting all 4 hits with super speed and not in movement mode. If I’m not mistaken acro is ever quicker than ss but doesn’t have nado pull or phase dodge to clip. Also, there’s not enough data on grim/strat/grim versus vwd/strat/trans or trans/vwd/grim.The only way to compare the two is to test it in raid versus another prec running a different combo. Maybe I’ll run SGe and have the tank not get the counters on tala without using orbitals and trinkets and supercharges. There’re a lot or factors to be honest and quite frankly you could make an argument that electric with gemini, grim and trans card could have more damage output than trans, vwd, grim, strat etc with the right group set up
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I think the difference comes from what people consider to be a "precision" rotation : is it pure Precision (all damage from weapons / pets only) or hybrid Precision (stacking 2-3 Might Abilities or maintaining a DOT function while dealing weapons damage)?

Are we talking DW-> Flurry, Doom Spin, or Shuriken for the combo in question? Something else entirely? Are we aiming for SC generation - > Gemini or Strategist / Transformation proc generation? PI required or just incidental damage from Might Abilities? I mean, the combination possibilities make it wonderfully uncharted territory. It's a shame it's so expensive / time consuming to build Artifacts, otherwise it might be right and proper fun, as opposed to "looking at it for investment potential".
  10. Careless Active Player

Stoke flame requires you to be close to the boss which isnt optimal if you going to be close you might as well be beserking, using suprise attack, or pain blast.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not really. It requires mid range which is a rather safe area for some of these bosses in end game
  12. Careless Active Player

So you would rather stoke flame over beserk, surprise attack and pain blast?
  13. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Lol. Nothing is as broken as berserk into doomspin... Stealth and invisibility are strong and borderline broken, just not as... Inferno/stoke are probably ok for melee with strat/trans cards IF adds actually live for more than 12 seconds and you get strat procs
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When did I say it was better? You stated there was nothing special with fire prec. And I said fire had stokeflame
  15. Fieryvegtank Level 30

Hey, so at the moment my loadout is Inferno, neo-venom, immolation, fiery weapon, sidekick, meteor strike. Now I dont really utilise this fully as I try to focus on precision. So generally my rotation would be Meteor strike, Inferno and fiery weapon. This rotation clips and is pretty fast. The shield is pretty much an "oh sh*t" moment and is not used. But I wouldn't really be bothered about changing it unless something else can be clipped in as using my loadout to me just means less damage out on my weapon. So what I try to acheive with that loadout is SC builder (meteor), DoT (inferno), and then precision (FW). I am dual wield so mainly do flurry shot but if ads then explosive shot too. So I dont really focus on might at all. Although sometimes I think about it as I get out damaged by people lower than my quite ofter. Which leaves me thinking, am I doing something wrong? I tested inferno over stoke flames on training bot and it seems inferno is double the DoT. I think absorb heat produced good results but I dont think clipped and is quite a long duration power, again taking time away from precision. My arti's are VWD, grim, and legionnairs. All are pretty low at mo as waiting for double xp ;) I think VWD is the highest at 100 atm. So let me know your thoughts on this and anything I can do to improve.

Thanks
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

First thing you’d need to do is replace sparring AI for transformation.

Inferno might be slightly better than stoke flame but you have to remember that stoke is a clipping ability. So you can actually clip another power with it.

Fire ice electric and nature of probably up next for me to retest but I do like using overheat clipped with stoke flame clipped again with fiery weapon all in one. Than use explosive shot for adds and flurry shot for bosses. When doing bosses I do stay at mid range when possible to get the extra dot up. For hallways I’ll lunge and clip the lunge with spontaneous combustion which is my fourth ability. Robot sidekick if my fifth slot and I have neo venom as my sc.

For hallways you can substitute overheat for that other ability that turns you to a walking dot. I forget the name of it. This makes it so you have a dot up and running at close range. In hallways adds you have 2 options. Either use doom spin or stay close range and use use explosive shot (when adds block a lot)
  17. L T Devoted Player

Batarang Multishot is really not great damage. I wouldn't recommend it. Acrobatics' Throwing knives is good damage if you clip it with something-- it uses less power than Wildfire if you absolutely need to clip.

For Fire, Spontaneous Combustion will be way better than Overheat. Most will probably want to use Inferno to inflict burning, unless you're using your artifact for that.

Precision Fire is definitely do-able, but most people who are Fire stay might-based, because Absorb Heat is more than moderately awesome.
  18. L T Devoted Player

There's a really wide range of results with flurry shot depending on how you jump-clip it. I've been told at least 45 hits in 10 seconds is good (personally I can never come close to that).

Your original load-out seems good for Fire Precision--- though you're not really using anything that makes use of the burning PI. For shorter fights, or for bosses who move around, Spontaneous Combustion might make a good replacement for Inferno.

Leveraging what others have said, Stoke Flames is great to clip with, but the range is too short for hard content. Also you're correct, it only does about 60% of the damage of Inferno.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Completely agree on everything you said. I do prefer spon however, for fights that don’t last long I don’t always get the full proc from it. Sometimes I find myself switching targets before recasting it just because the previous spon is still up lol. But that’s why I put bat as an alternative for the strat proc chance. I do still think that the range from stoke flame is more forgiving than people think. I’ve been able to use it just fine in PCe first boss, PCe last boss, DMe last boss. Definitely not in DMe second (first technically?) boss. This is because of how the current 2 tank set up is done to be able to spit things up. In the hallways of PCe and DMe I am able to get close enough to use mental psychic prism just fine and stoke flame has a more forgiving range than that too.

I do think that some powers just benefit more from grim than strat and some work better with strat.

As for inferno, I don’t like using these “field” dots because I don’t always get the full benefit from them. That’s why I prefer overheat than inferno even if inferno has higher potential.

For hallways I do like using that other personal dot since it does apply to you and you carry it. However it is close range so you have to be melee to close range. But at least I can carry it from one group of adds to another. And than when I lunge to get close I’ll clip my lunge with spontaneous combustion and go into my rotation.

I do think fire is better at might than prec. But I personally prefer prec because it’s my play style (even before the buffs lol)
    • Like x 1
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

People talking a lot about Electricity regarding the Transformation card and I know the title suggest Prec. Is it as useful as a Might-specced Elec aswell? I haven't paid much attention to the latest batches of artifacts, my might-specced Elec Dps's artifacts is due for a makeover.