Transformation And Strategist Card on Precision Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Careless, Dec 7, 2019.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I want to say HL. Thou I haven’t tested it on might yet.

Reason I say this is because you will want to use the solar amp on all troll power dps except HL so that gives you an extra slot. Thou for HL the grimorium is kinda a most. Not only that but troll powers tend to be more bursty so they tend to not benefit as much as HL who while is also bursty has moves that tick faster which gives more chances for it to proc.

But like i said, I haven’t tested the night side of power recently so I could be mistaken.
    • Like x 1
  2. gemii Dedicated Player

Yeah HL is an interesting one. How about melee? I feel since it’s such a fast pace clipping power with constant damage that it always has a high chance to proc it even though it lacks in dots. (Assuming you use the whip trash, light weight rotation)

The chainsaw melee one wouldn’t work that well imo
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup, the faster and more often you can clip the better damage you’ll get. Especially on single target
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Mental procs CONSTANTLY with a 160 Strat on a Might rotation. Mental's Might rotation is Mental's Might rotation.

Take what you will from that statement.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I have an answer to this question now.

Single Target Range - > Trans Grim VWD : single target = Grim is a reliable damage source; Strat thrives on multiple targets because the individual per hit chance chance for proc on crit is around 1% so there are cycles where it won't even activate, whereas Grim will always do its damage. Long run - > Grim, especially with small targets. Have no run a long term test on a single target boss yet.

Melee / Group range - > Trans Strat VWD : more targets = more procs, Strat is King here. The proc chance seems low, but multiple targets = multiple chances, high hit count = multiple chances, and i've seen up to five simultaneous activations of the Strat proc.

It really is situational.
  6. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Can someone test ST parses using Strat/Trans and Grim combo instead of VWD while refreshing the weapon buff every 17-18 seconds
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

you want that in a to-go cup? (that's a joke) -

will parses from Arrow Storm do? I could probably get you a solid set from DW but you might be waiting a bit longer. Wouldn't tell you what to expect from DW specifically but it would establish a percentile performance baseline for Precision Single Target.
  8. Careless Active Player

True it cant proc strat but i think for ice running vwd,grim and trans will be the best because u would keep two snow devils up at all times and they get buffed from pi
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

.... does anyone have a late-game Ice DPS with these four artifacts? I'm curious now...
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I did. As stated before it was a damage loss.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Precision right?

Snow devil, ice bash, reflect, iconic knives/bitter wind, robot sidekick, neo venom boost

I can’t remember the exact parsers. Ice is one of the powers I’m reconsidering To switch to, to test thing again
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, definitely Precision. I'm waiting until the anniversary whatsits and then I'll have a late game Ice DPS to run tests with too, but in the meantime... *shrug*
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

lol I gotta switch powers to test lol. But yea, for ice I do prefer vwd, transformation, grim
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if it's gonna cost you cash i'm not THAT interested in the answer. if you're doing it on test server, well, by all means?
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The answer I gave you was after I already tested on live lol. Last time I was ice was about a week and a half ago lol
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fair enough.
  17. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I’m getting mixed answers. A few people on live are telling me that grim/strat/trans combo is better than wrist so that’s why I was asking. Just to note, those who have tested grim vs vwd did not refresh weapon buff after 12 seconds. Ice would use snow devil/ice bash/phase dodge all together once all are off cool down so you spend as much time as you can spamming flurry shot while minimizing the clipping animation using phase dodge. I’m using ice as an example and there’re obviously other things you can do with other power sets to maximize the damage output but the general idea is to NOT refresh the weapon buff every 12 seconds, instead try doing 2-3 extra flurry shots after phase dodge came off cool down to repeat the cycle and use power/weapon buff/phase dodge all together.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes I did wait. It takes about 11 total flurry shot before the weapon buff is about to run out. Even doing flurry shot for the maximum amount of time is a damage loss.

I haven’t seen people say that grim is better than vwd. I did see people say that grim is better than strat in st but not vwd
  19. Careless Active Player

How do u think this would work with earth using fortify golem/reinforce/phase dodge with crystal whenever? would hitting fortify golem be less beneficial if it wasnt hit every 12 seconds?
  20. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

I’m usually able to get off 14 full flurry combos myself before I need to refresh the weapon buff. So now, multiple people have already told me that grim>vwd running trans and strategist cards. So right now it seems like the best prec single target artifacts are trans/grim/vwd and trans/strat/grim with some pros and cons on certain power sets. Like for gadgets for example, vwd is going to be much better than strat but I can see strat excel on single target fights+adds using dots to clip their weapon buff to get some free procs.
    To be honest I’m not sure, fortify doesn’t seem to do that great for pure single target. Fortify is less than 20k damage over time time if I’m not mistaken and it’s slower damage even if you used it every phase dodge cool. I’m not quite sure to be honest, I personally think tornado pull is way to go since it will hit the target and quicker damage. When I was earth testing, fortify would not always proc if I clicked before 12 seconds so it’s quite possible to lose out on some damage since crystal sometimes sits on full power and you are wasting fortify but if crystal has no power and you use it every time it’s probably as good as nado pull if not better. Just personal preference... You can spec prec and health if you do choose to use fortify and snow deviland such