Transformation And Strategist Card on Precision Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Careless, Dec 7, 2019.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Gadgets might melee would have to change their loadout up. The gadgets norm consists of clip moves like cyclone push, turret clips, etc etc for a quicker rotation. there is no dot move you’d be able to swap in. Strategist card wouldn’t benefit from it unless you go back to using the old gadgets loadouts with the mines, emp, cryo field as a extra long dot duration
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The DKS scales with your might so if you are a precision DPS your orbital procs will be significantly lower then if you were might. Unless you really like using your trinkets a bit faster the DKS isn't a prec artifact at all.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It does? Well that sucks! I do like using my trinkets faster and the mini strikes do help with procing the Strategist but still, that could have been in the small print! It says it’s for any role so I figured the strikes scaled to cr.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes any role. Not every build lol
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There is one problem with your testing using the dots.

In today’s game everything is moving around and tanks pull kite adds. Most adds don’t stay in one spot long enough to benefit from these field dots. It comes down to what works on sparring targets doesn’t always translate well to in game combat. Now, I’m not saying it doesn’t work because sometimes things do stand still but it’s not always going to add up.

Also for nature you’d probably get more damage out if you used all 3 poisons and refreshed every 9-10 seconds with harvest. Clipping the harvest with your weapon buff. Nature is one of the powers I’m switching to again soon for retesting. Currently mental.
  6. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Field dots like fire’s inferno, yes. They are situational but plenty of powers have abilities that hit multiple times and aren’t field dots. Abilities such as depth charge hit multiple times and drown applies ticks to enemies no matter where they are. Fire has overheat and burning PI ticks. Same for celestial and nature.

Dots like debris field, inferno, w temp you could pull off in most instances in hallways or boss fights as long as you are familiar with instances you are running you can adjust accordingly. If you know you can’t pull it off then don’t use it. Same can be said for gadgets stealth or mental’s pain blast.
    We might be talking about different things, I’m talking about prec only not might. Either way, it’s all about adjusting your load out and knowing when you can use a dot and when you can’t, it’s not that hard to figure it out after having run raids countless times. Gadgets, nature, celestial all rely on some things and it doesn’t mean for example a celest shouldn’t use plague/dl combo just because stuff dies quickly, just use something else. Now, i don’t know much about the might side of things but prec is a lot more flexible and isn’t just limited to DoTs. I’m not going to be applying and rotating DoTs as prec but I will use one that gets me most damage to proc the strat card. On single target I’d just sub in a go-to tornado pull and replace it with something like serpent call or vine lash to clip my weapon buff.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m talking about precision too.

I’ve tested different artifact combinations with different powers. Some powers the strategist just isn’t a viable option other than for single target.

At this moment in time I think it’s safe to assume that we all think the transformation the one must have artifact. So that leave 2 slots available. Let’s see which artifacts we have to work with.

VWD- 6 second prec and weapon damage buff for 6 seconds upon using weapon buff.
    Grimoium- extra pet damage that sets up PI for you
    Horus- gives an extra ability that works differently based on your hit counter
    Strategist- chance at adding an additional dot with crits
    Mageddon- group prec buff based on your health
    Philosophers stone- high base precision with lengthened supply buff
    Gemini- increased damage when standing in any circle with added scaling burst damage
    Sparring AI- high base stats
    Demon fang-extra damage

Now, I’m not saying all of them are viable today, just that these are the choices. You can easily get rid of demon fang and sparring AI at this point just because of how outclassed they are now.
    Gemini while not being necessarily outclassed just isn’t as appealing anymore since less healers are using Gemini too.
    Mageddon and philosophers, while both giving good precision buffs, the other artifacts gives bonuses that are more appealing than just stats.

This leaves us with 4 artifacts that are left.

Right now there are 2 ways to be a prec dps. Either by using cross weapon combos (weapon mastery) or by running a clip heavy combo. One of them is superior to the other currently.

Grimorium is a nice safe free damage option thanks to the pet. However not every power will benefit from it. This becomes more important if you use multiple abilities that get increased damage from having a PI. This does take more advantage with the clip heavy loadout but gets less important if you aren’t using to many abilities and run mostly shields.

Strategist works better the more ticks are going off. Using flurry shot means you will most likely always have the extra dot going off at all times so it’s strong on single target. On aoe you will want to use either a dot or a multi hit weapon. However most multi hit weapons do less damage. Right now the 2 strongest weapons for aoe are high damage (slower) burst. Which means you will need to use a dot. Not every power has a viable dot which means for aoe this artifact like the grimorium work better with some powers compared to others

Horus is a different type of artifact. Instead of giving a bonus thats gets activated with conditions are met it gives you a new tray ability that gets activated when you use it. Many people seem to think that you have to use the full effect of this ability for it to be useful. However that’s not true. All powers can take advantage of this artifact in one way or another. The damage from the ability is also the only ability to scale with precision instead of might which is a plus. The dot you get from the bleed is the strongest dot you can get as a prec dps and last for 12 seconds. The burst is also comparable to high burst abilities if you use it at 13+ hit counters without the bleed. The burst with the bleed is the highest burst you’ll get as a prec dps (not including SCs). While yes any power can take advantage of the bleed proc some powers are able to take full advantage of this artifact more.

VWD is a straight buff for 6 seconds. It doesn’t matter what power you are it just gives you a buff. This is also on top of this artifact having high base stats and high percentage stats.

No matter what I tested loosing the VWD was a straight loss in dps. I’ll keep testing it out but each time I do it (aoe or ST) I loose damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Strat card definitely out performs both grim and vwd on single target in conjunction with transformation card. For AoE, I understand what you are saying and I have tested horus myself on test. I know it scales with precision and gives you a bursty ability to use. My issue with that is that it doesn’t hard enough to justify leveling it just for the adds and I hate the fact that to get 300% damage you have to have bleed applied. The combo hit counter meter range 8-12 is just way too narrow... It should be 4-12 hits to proc bleed. 13 hits+ 300% damage works for some some power’s regardless of weapon combos you use but it doesn’t work for the majority of power sets. Shurikens are somewhat easy to time but you are missing out on damage you could be doing with dual wield explosive shot, shield spam, hand blasters etc. Arrow storm is ok but it’s awkward and you will lose out on damage from being stationary. Now, I know you said you don’t have to do the bleed and you can just get 200% damage proc but from my point of view, I’m not going to invest into something and not use it to the fullest potential. To give me some sort of incentive they would need to fix weapon combos first and provide more options.

Did you test horus on live or on test? Because it does do more damage on test since you can’t spec into might. To be honest, I don’t think that you’ll find any combos outside from shield, dual wield, hand blasters and two handed. Now, regular combos such as solar flame or shield throw can be clipped into might powers early, despite you being prec you parse similar numbers and get off damage much quicker.
    In other words, why would invest into horus if I can just spam clip out might powers out of hand blaster’s solar flame or meteor blast get damage off quicker and its very decent for range prec.

Try testing it on live and see how much damage it does with strat, trans, horus etc
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

Yeah I think I’m going to feed my Gemini into a different artifact double xp but I’m not quite sure it’s still a good artifact when you do have healers spamming EOG but it’s pretty situational dependent. Do you mind testing quantums gravity well, weapon buff and doomspin combo with the strategist, transformation and venom wrist vs the grim, transformation, venom wrist And see which has the better parses
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

Could EOG 200, Strategist card 200, transformation card 200 with speed drain 25% sc be a good setup for a melee might dps using a rotation with dots? Or to much of a damage loss with those 3 artifacts together.

Basically you have your regular dots/burst rotation going on and then you have speed drain sc for more crits while also gaining 5% might for the 6 sec duration
  11. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Hard to say, for melee it’s probably good since you don’t waste damage like you do with neo and get your burst damage off quicker. I doubt it’s going t be useful in elites though. I was actually thinking rage and electric could make good use of the gemini since rage has 1000sc and neo. Electric has circuit breaker with short cool down. Could be viable with healer gemini spam with all dps on top of each other.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As stated before I do all my testing on live. I do not have a gaming computer to test things properly on the test server. And just so you know, even thou it says it starts getting the bleed at 8, you actually start getting the bleed on 6. Not sure if it’s a display error in the description of a glitch in the artifact. Either way, I hope it stays that way since if it does get changed to 8 seconds than the artifact will no longer be viable. However the way it works right now it’s easy to maintain the bleed on any power. And by the way, the bleed damage does more damage than the 200% counter. So bleed > 200%.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Vwd trans and strategist will do more damage than vwd trans grim. Because the strat has a higher chance to proc do to the sheer number of spins you will completely do more damage than grim. I’ll have to double check, but I’m sure gravity well sets up PI so grim setting up PI would be pointless.

If you wanted to do a rotation use if speed drain than you’d have to do something like this using quantum.

Time bomb/weapon buff > doomspin tap melee/speed drain > doom spin tap melee/gravity bomb/group power heal > repeat.

Gravity bomb has a long dove tail which is why you’d want to use your group power heal to clip the animation.

I’m not a fan of stationary dots like gravity well. I’d have to retest it to see thou.
  14. Careless Active Player

For ice why would u use w tempest over snow devil
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

tempest hits everything, I think snow devil focuses fire - though if you're playing mobile game, yes, snow devil > tempest.
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Snow devil actually hits everything too. The only downside to it is that it can’t crit.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Wellthen. I use Snow Devil but I haven't been paying very close attention to the function of pet damage, still VERY new to the idea of pets. For the purpose of Strat though, yeah, Tempest > Devil, because - ta-da - it crits.
  18. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

It does more damage but can’t proc strat can for AoE like W temp can. It would take 1 proc from strat card running w temp to be better than snow devil
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

Question which troll power (as might) benefit the most from the transformation/strategist card combo?
  20. gemii Dedicated Player

And when I say troll power I mean like munitions dps, quantum dps, gadgets dps or mental dps which would work best with transformation/strategist on the might dps side of things