Transformation And Strategist Card on Precision Dps

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Careless, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I’m not even noticing the proc from strat, can someone lend an example
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s what I’m thinking. However mine is only 120 so I don’t have the “double chance for it to proc” unlocked yet.

My main issue with this artifact is how inconsistent it is. One minute you may have dozens of procs (assuming each crit tick has its individual chance and there is no max number of ticks that can happen at once). And the next you can have just one proc. Not only that, but there’s no guarantee that the tick will happen when the add/boss is at full health, or if the target will die and you just wasted the proc with 1 tick lol.

This is why I don’t personally like spontaneous combustion, crystal, or fury lol. So unreliable lol
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Any of the PC players can use the combat log analyzer to see the entire damage that you would get from the strategist throughout a raid or any content. Only works for precision though because the might damage is coded as something different which does not display whatsoever in the combat log analyzer
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

double chance to proc = will occur more often, from what I have noticed. it goes from "occasional" proccing to "reasonably consistent" proccing. I know when it was 120, there was no actual difference between it and Grim, but at 160 there was a clear-cut "oh this is actually chewing things up now" moment.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I see. I’ll have to level it up and check it out. Some powers just don’t benefit from the grimoirum so it’s nice to have options.
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it's literally just a floating white damage number that appears; basically looks like a squirrely extra attack, but if you stop attacking it becomes easy to detect, it literally just appears like a surly DOT tick. .
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think today I’ll bite the bullet and level mine up. I am currently fire so I will use 4 12 second dots (might) to see how often it procs and if it procs on multiple enemies at once.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

oooo, that would do it
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup. Fire also has a 0 cooldown ability that hits 3x aoe with low power cost so I’d be able to spam that while the dots are ticking for even higher chances. I’ll do that when I get on after work. Around 9:30 ish eastern time. I’ll let you know how that goes lol. Now.. should I feed my Gemini into my strategist since I never use Gemini anymore lol. Hard to tell lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Okay, well : I switched to my Controller armory, whose three debuffs are Pyrokinesis, Horrific Visage, and Psychic Shock. I'm using 160 Strat and Trans for this test, which increases the Strat Proc Chance and also the output. Then I used the DPS armory for a comparison between the three and eight target groups. Controller is at 285, DPS at 288 (I think, been a long week, might be more) just to set expectations based on any hard numbers contained herein.

I selected PK for my test Ability for the multi-Proc section of the test because it basically compresses a full-length Burning DOT cycle into 3 seconds (which would be awesome if it did literally anything else of note) and Psychic Shock for the Tic Count test because it crits enough to activate and then gets out of the way so I can see what's going on.

First thing I did was Tic Count, because "I wanna know how many tics it does per occurence". At 120 or better, 8 second cycle, the DOT proc produces 4 tics of damage. Regarding the damage?

The damage each tic does is "Fairly Beefy Damage", at least for a DOT, ESPECIALLY in DPS. I was getting 1700-2000 on the Controller with mid-high 4K crits, and 4-5K base tics with crits of 10-11K+ in DPS, which - for Free Damage? Is pretty sweet.

I don't have an equal Might and Precision damage output on Galea, so I'm not totally sure if it scales with the stat or adheres to type, but the average differences in performance between DPS and Controller, plus the type of damage originating the strike, seems to indicate that is does follow a Might / Prec origin line and that it does scale, somewhat, according to the amount of Stat available.

Although I don't think the proc can affect the same target twice (i.e. two active damage procs on the same target) it does appear that a later proc occurrence on the same target can overwrite the initial proc, thereby extending the duration and resulting in more tics - tested this on the single target and I was counting runs of five tics instead of four.

After that I ran the multi-Proc test and discovered, pretty quickly (as I suspect Deity will probably confirm) that you can, in fact, have multiple procs at the same time too. The most I caught onscreen at one time was 5, but still, the short answer is "yes multiples can be active at the same time". It does not seem to have a really definite limit beyond "one per target". This means "The more targets, the more potential damage".

I verified this by testing the 8 target set versus the 3 target set with my standard DPS rotation (such as it is) - the three target set was all producing "standard dead start numbers for the set-up, minus RSK, Omega, and Flex", the eight target set was producing "high end rotation output while RSK, Flex and Omega are active", WITHOUT THEM BEING ACTIVE. This is a functional difference of 4-8K DPS in a 10 second parse, though not always consistent.

So it can become quite a pronounced difference in an add-heavy environment.

As near as I can tell the actual proc chance per individual hit is low, but it seems like *any* critical hit can cause the proc to occur; a DOT hit, a weapon hit, a Burst hit will all do it, not *just* attacks that register on the combo counter. If I were to guess I'd say it's probably in the .5-1% range, but I'm not sitting here with a calculator and a scratch pad doing single hits and counting crits for the next three hours tonight to find out. So there, that's a thing.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This is pretty good performance in a rotation, especially with a mid-range rotation.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here’s a copy paste from the other thread. I should’ve posted that here lol. Here are a few additional notes to keep in mind.

- the way the split table works is that 1-2 targets will take damage of ST damage. 3-7 targets follow the 3 target split formula. And 8+ follow the 8 split formula.

-most hallway adds run groups of adds in groups of 3 while tanks tend to pull 2 groups on average at a time for a total of 6 average adds at a time. This means most hallway add encounters follow the 3 target rule.

-most add fights will last 5-20 seconds depending is its regular and the damage capability of the group. While boss fights last a lot longer.

-most boss fights summon groups of adds too. But they too tend to follow the group of 3 spawns.

-boss adds to tend to be bulkier than hallway adds so they do tend to last longer.

Because of all of these points the decision on which to use is a bit hard to decide.
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

All i can say is that from what i have experienced on test server the dot damage is based on the base dmg of the ability which will crit, the dot dmg of the artifact will be lower if a dot crits and higher if a burst ability crits.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve never had that issue. The numbers stayed consistent regardless of what crit it didn’t crit.
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I had the second experience where my proc numbers were consistent no matter what I did them with, but I also didn't specifically track for DOT v. Burst or run comparative strike strength for Precision side Proc.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I can confirm. His multi target damage is crazy.
    • Like x 2
  17. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Nature, Electric, Water, Fire, Earth, Sorc, Celest etc. Pretty much all powers that have 12 second DoT are amazing with transformation card/strat card.

I personally think that Grim>VWD so I’d run Grim over VWD with Strat/Trans. VWD is meh to be honest especially if you don’t refresh your weapon buff every 12 seconds.

VWD isn’t that good unless you are gadgets and don’t get stuck in animation. For other powers, I think that using weapon buff with phase dodge off cool down to skip animation completely is way better since you end up spamming more flurries for longer period of time. Sure you can refresh weapon buff and get 3k of extra damage on each flurry crit hit before the buff expires. If you do the math however and just go test it yourself, assuming you were able to get of 3 flurry combos with 4 hits and each of them proccing a crit- it’s only 36-40k of extra damage from VWD buff. Now, if you use phase dodge to clip your weapon buff off cooldown then you probably got an extra flurry combo of 4 hits and 15k crits so it evens out in terms of damage and you are not actually getting more damage out of you VWD because you are stopping to use it again versus waiting for phase dodge and getting straight into flurry again.

I’d use Strat/Trans/Grim and would only refresh weapon buff with PD off cool down and do 1-2-3
    For earth prec I’d use Debris Field/Reinforce/Phase dodge and spam flurry until phase dodge is off cool down.
    For Nature I’d use Serpent Call/Carnage/Phase dodge and spam 1-2-3 is ready.
    For Electric I’d either use a 12 sec dot or tesla ball with wired and phase dodge.
    W Tempest/Ice Bash/PD for Ice
    Inferno or Overheat/FW/PD for Fire
    Depth Charge/Bubble/Pressurize/PD for Water
    Plague/Annoint/PD for Celest

You get a gist of it... Using stat card, trans card and grim with DoTs and flurry spam is going to be a go-to lol
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I use Dead King’s Sceptor myself for more free hits that can potentially proc the cards.
  19. GoDeacs Well-Known Player

Interesting... I had no idea that the orbital proc has a chance to proc the strategist card, does it?? I know that the transformation card probably has an effect on orbital crit chance but can an actual orbital assistance damage proc the strategist card after it crits? I never really played around with Dead King’s Scepter since I’m prec but it sounds interesting... Strat card is really good with trans card but seems to be 100% dependent on your power. Like earth for example, its 12 second DoT has like 20 separate ticks and you are pretty much guaranteed to proc the strat card. I’m almost certain that the strat card with trans card are the best prec artifacts for most power sets and third artifact is a wild card. For might I’m not sure but imagine fire, celestial, gadgets, nature would want them for AoE, not sure how the strat/trans combo would do for a single target since it’s somewhat of a gamble with fewer DoTs at your disposal and inferior stats. I guess it depends on your rotation, like gadgets for example using heat vision, fear gas etc or nature’s stacking DoTs.
    If I remember correctly, when I tested it the procs from Strat card, they were the same whether you proc it from light’s hand clap which will take a couple of minutes to proc or from one of the nature’s dots. Maybe fire will do well with strat card, trans card and solar or grim since channeled hit fairly hard and proc a lot of ticks with dots on top of that
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah and I think a crit from blast adaptor can proc the strategist too.