[Trailer] Green Lantern: Beware My Power

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Eve, May 4, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

The movie seems to focus on John Stewart. (I don't like Hal Jordan so this is a plus to have my favorite lantern stars as the main character in the movie. JOHN STEWART BABY) Hawkgirl is freaking in there too so I get JLU vibes, Vixen and Lyssa Drak. I am so ready for this. What does anyone else think of the upcoming movie?
    • Like x 6
  2. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Looks Really GOOD
    Can't Wait Til It Hits HBO MAX
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

The Major JLU Vibes is what got me interested :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Yeah, I don't like John Stewart either. How did he become a regular Green Lantern anyway? He NEVER wanted the responsibility. He was angry that he was forced into playing Green Lantern the first time and when it was over he made it ABUNDANTLY clear that he did NOT want the job and that they should NEVER call on him again.

(I admit it was really stupid how he was chosen that first time - stupid but a funny kind of stupid - Hal Jordan slipped on a bar of soap falling in the shower and was knocked unconscious just moments before an emergency that required his attention - so the ring left him naked and unconscious in his bathtub instead of helping him (ROFL!) and sought out the nearest next best 'man with no fear' to fill in while God knows what happened to Hal lying unconscious and naked in his bathtub. This was before people were aware of brain bleeding from head trauma. LOL!)

So, how did he go from that to being a regular Green Lantern? Obviously it happened post-Crisis which was after I quit comic books but it still doesn't make any sense to me. And I'm sure that if I were to ever find out the details it would probably give me a headache. I did read a blurb that DC totally upended Hal Jordan early on after Crisis but I don't know all the details - just something about him becoming a villain that tried to destroy the new reborn universe because he somehow remembered the multiverse that he came from that no longer existed? It sounded REALLY ignorant and I never bothered to look any further into it.
  5. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Yes green lantern movie I’m already in love I also hope they work on the green lantern hbo max series they was going do starting Guy Gardner as Finn wittrock and explore the other popular ones as well such as Hal John and Kyle :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Yeah No Doubt
    • Like x 1
  7. Controller Devoted Player

Hopefully this animated offering is a prelude to THIS

[IMG]

GET IT DONE, Mr. Zaslav and Mr. Snyder!
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

100%!
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

So looking forward to this...

Not only John Stewart but ALSO Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz Alan Scott and Co.....

Such a DEEP backstory with Green Lanterns....all sorts of feats..

Didn't John Stewart rebuild Oa? With his willpower and creativity? He gained his "Master Builder" nickname with this, right? And he ascended to "Guardianship" eventually - perhaps the highest ranking ever?

[IMG]

I've read his storyline a bit....starting in 1972 dude was an angry Black Man....started seeing things differently eventually....formed a deep bond with Hal....he suffered serious tragedy in his comic book life, too....I think Lantern Ch'p died in his arms

[IMG]

:(

I think at one point dude was paralyzed....it was at this point that he started trusting Hal Jordan more, IIRC....

[IMG]

Dude had his feathers ruffled by Batman, lol.....

[IMG]

....stood up for his buddy Hal.....

This is "just some" of John Stewart's history lol........

This is not even talking about Hal Jordan's feat with SUPERMAN where they TEAMED UP to move EARTH out of harm's way:

[IMG]

White Lantern Kyle Rayner

[IMG]

Kyle could probably SOLO Thanos, here lol...

Guy Gardner's unique style

[IMG]

Poor Bats he REALLY RILES up the Lanterns lol.

Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz

[IMG]

"Teen Lantern" - a ten year old Brazilian Prodigy that HACKS into a Lantern battery lol

[IMG]

Love this lol....

Of course Sojourner Mulien GL

[IMG]

Lantern Ch'p....as creative with his ring as John Stewart and Hal Jordan

[IMG]

[IMG]

Such a SHAME that the "Prior Leadership" SLEPT on Green Lanterns....canned their MOVIE....such LOST potential..........

Looking forward to the NEW Leadership and hopefully Zach Snyder is a huge part of it.
  10. Controller Devoted Player

Red Lanterns.....Blue Lanterns....Shepardess Adara...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Lantern Aya

[IMG]

Larfleez.....

Such a DEEP history with Lanterns....if they made such a series people would watch it.............