Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. L T Loyal Player

It's a percentage, so you have do divide your number by 100. In the Tank guide thread, the healing multiplier is something like 1000% of base healing. Actually, looking at my spreadsheet, it was 1007% base, 1205 for high Dominance, and 1245% for high Restoration.

On top of that, add in 25%, on average, if you have all your healing crits.
  2. EP Ice Loyal Player

So, what’s the average SP being used when you guys are doing this testing? I have about 275 and I’m using Fireburst, Inferno, Mass Det, Wildfire, Flame Cascade, and robot sidekick in my loadout and I don’t feel like I’m hitting hard at all. My might is at about 26k with a 120 Tech artifact and 20 Omega artifact. On a 10 second parse I’m averaging about 21k per second using rotation FB>Inferno>MD>WF and rotating through FB,MD, and WF until Inferno is on cooldown. I don’t use Flame Cascade or Robot Sidekick when parsing. Any advice?
  3. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

With that LO I use fireburst-inferno-mass det-wildfire-fireburst-wildfire-mass det-wildfire. I average between 26 and 28k. The rotation is important. In live content with that rotation you may struggle with power with a robot sidekick. I only have 195 skill points to be honest. I work on them when I can but I hang with the best where I'm at.
    • Like x 1
  4. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I know its a old raid now. But I just want to tell y'all because I feel accomplished. I solo tanked GCZE. The whole raid. Even 2nd boss
  5. Darth Piper Committed Player

Sweet!

"Fire tanking's not dead yet." (apologies to Monty Python)
  6. Darth Piper Committed Player

Thanks to those who've put in a lot of work testing things. Because your work gave me a good roadmap I've been doing some experimentation of SP allocation and was able to much more easily survive an entire run through HIVE Elite. Fire may be the red-headed stepchild as far as the devs are concerned... but with a little work we can make it viable.

In short, these things will work in your favor:
    • SP to burn (as a guess, you probably won't truly be viable in current elite content with less than 350, as of Teen Titans)
    • Artifacts that grant health bonuses as highly leveled as you can get them
    • Knowing the different things available to you and how to use them (playing a Fire toon is not for the unskilled)
    If you want my SP allocation I will gladly post it... or just drop me a note. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. QALLENONE New Player

It’s nothing to brag about tbh, it gets easier as you level up. I’ve solo tanked it with fire toon that was at 235 or 237CR and it was much more difficult than tanking it with my earth character. With fire you have to kite the adds around and pop your heals here and there and make sure to break out, with earth you just stand there and watch brick’s health. Fire tanking is definitely viable but you I’ve yet to see someone who plays fire to be stationary and “actively tank” the adds while holding them together, building combos and actually holding adds in 1 place wothput having them chase you while you pop your heals.
  8. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

Damn don't try to burst my bubble. I said I feel accomplished. It has nothing to do with you.
    • Like x 2
  9. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Self heals are also reduced when blocking.