Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Johnnylagz117 New Player

I just got back to playing this game after maybe a year or more ...

What is a fire dps' load out these days ? I have no powers I guess I redid my powers and didn't chose them last time I played so i figure I might as well get the right ones ...
  2. chaotic3430 Committed Player

What is going on? I switched to fire and like the Tanking, like my loadout with Fireburst. But when I was trying out a Mass Det loadout, Mass Det was hitting for 10K-16K non crit, and 22K-37K for the big hit. Is it supposed to hit that hard for a full range power?

Loadout:
    Inferno
    Burning Determination (BD)
    Fiery Weapon (FW)
    Flame Cascade FC)
    Fireburst (FB)
    Overheat (OH)

Rotation:
    Inferno>BD>FW>FB>OH>FB>FB>FB>FB>repeat (FC is when I get interrupted to continue the AM)

I love this loadout, puts out a ton of damage, the DOTs don't overwrite, so you get three going at one time. My range loadout is the same, only Mass Det instead of FB.
  3. Avian Dedicated Player

I get this bug at times as well.
  4. L T Devoted Player

That's still the nature of it somewhat. It used to be much worse before the recent update. Right now Fire is about the third or fourth best power at long range.

Incidentally, in testing Inferno is a DPS win for me, but I have never at any time managed to come up with a rotation where overheat reliably increased my DPS. Even with WM it rarely showed increased numbers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Johnnylagz117 New Player

Thank you
  6. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I wanted something to take the place of Volcanic Calamity since the SC is weak and doesn't even match one Fireburst in damage. Overheat is just another DOT that provides more passive damage while you are hitting your finisher. Being that the DOTs for Fire don't overwrite, you can have three DOTs hitting while you are using Fireburst just to push a little more damage, not saying it hits really hard though. Inferno, Burning Determination, and Overheat running DOTs at the same time while you are spamming Fireburst or Mass Det, just gives you streaming damage while you are doing other things. I use Overheat after the first Fireburst though, as casting BD, FW, and OH with FB takes about five seconds giving you a tight window and no wiggle room, so casting it after your first FB gives you that wiggle room and can be cast just before the end of FB almost like a clip shortening the animation of FB just a little bit.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

I just carry Mass Detonation on my bar for cases when I can't get closer. Otherwise, I use Robot Sidekick.
    • Like x 2
  8. chaotic3430 Committed Player

One major reason I switched from Earth to Fire is that I hate pets. I carry Flame Cascade for the range attack and to keep my AM active if interrupted, so I will use it if out of range just until I get within mid range.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Not saying I like RS, but it's an option. FC is a weak attack. MD is a much better range option. I just use FC for mob CC and to extend the AM.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dogico Loyal Player

I use Overheat on bosses or high health groups of adds. Robot Sidekick is probably be a bit better because it's completely passive damage that allows me to get off Fireburst more quickly than a rotation with Overheat would, but like chaotic I don't like RS either.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

Reformatted the power section of the guide a bit this morning, and started working on the Tank section. Added tables of the self-heal powers and the crowd control powers.

As always, constructive criticism is welcome.
    • Like x 1
  12. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

had fun with fire tanking

13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Your inventory makes me sad :(
  14. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

its always full like that
  15. The Anxient Loyal Player

Not sure how up to date the stuff on the first page is but I just changed my main to fire so I could tank. Can someone give me a tank loadout and kind of give a crash course on what I need to do. Thank you in advance
  16. L T Devoted Player

The Powers descriptions are accurate and up to date. The Tank Guide is in need of a few revisions but isn't too bad.

What I personally tank with most of the time is

enflame - backdraft - absorb heat - burning determination - stoke flames - eternal flame

I use absorb heat as a long range taunt, and swap it out for amazon lasso when I run TOTD. Wildfire will work there also, but it costs 2 power points to get it.

If you don't want to run with a supercharge, you can add in burnout or wildfire, though you may have to sacrifice iconic powers
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

18. chaotic3430 Committed Player

I use:

Burning Determination (Immunity, Burning PI, HoT)
    Backdraft (Pull, HoT from burning adds)
    Stoke Flames (HoT, Burning PI)
    Burnout (Immunity)
    Low Pressure (Range Pull) or Fireball (Solo taunt, Burning PI) for solo boss tanking
    Eternal Flame (SC HoT)

I rotate BD and SF for HoT's. In between I hit Backdraft while targets are on fire for another HoT.
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

TThank you for your help I have a noobish question regarding sp. I have 197 on this character. As I understand for tanking it should always be dom first but I am unsure to what extent. Should I go to each tree that has dom and health in the first two rows of innates and get all of those first or should I just pick trees that have the most dom and health in them and focus on spending 21 sp in those trees to get the wm innates?
  20. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I would go into every tree and spec into crit heal chance and magnitude. Then focus on your dom/health.
    • Like x 1