Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. L T Devoted Player

The Base healing numbers on page 1 of this thread are still accurate as far as I know. Again, Dominance boosts your healing as well as Restoration-- +1% per 4 points. So if you have 5000 dominance and 5000 restoration multiply the base numbers by (1+(10,000/4/100))=26
  2. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

Thanks,can't wait to try that out.
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

its a breakout. all tank power breakouts have the same cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  4. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Hello Fire aficionados. My first toon was fire, but I shelved it for Mental once I reached level 30. But lately, I've been getting the itch to tank again (which was my main love when playing City of Heroes). Could someone provide me a good fire tank loadout and a decent rotation for me?
  5. L T Devoted Player

Try something like:
    1. Enflame - juggle/start things burning
    2. Backdraft - Pull/juggle/self-heal
    3. Wildfire/Absorb Heat/Amazon Lasso - long range taunt/pull. The first two will also heal if the target is burning
    4. Stoke Flames - Burst heal with Heal over Time
    5. Burning Determination - break-out with burst heal and heal over time
    6. Eternal Flame/Reignition - pick your favorite supercharge. Eternal Flame is much better. Reignition is under-powered.
    • Like x 1
  6. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Thanks LT. Looms like my loadout was very similar. For slot 3, which would you prefer as the long range taunt?
    Do you use enclave prior to engaging in battle, or should you back draft first?
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

My personal favorite all around Fire Tank loadout is Burning Determination, low pressure, backdraft, stoke flames, burnout, eternal flame. I'll switch out burnout or low pressure for enflame at times depending on content.

Burning D is both a breakout/immunity plus an important heal that i often comine with stoke flames. Low pressure for ranged pulls and backdraft to gather everything in tight. Burnout for added group immunity (can never have too many of these). And finally, Eternal Flame for those emergency, oh crap the healers down, moments.

I do most of my juggles with weapons. Preferred weapon is either bow with martial arts melee WM combos or brawling for the great combo count ability to keep powered. I don't know how many other tanks use bow but it is shockingly good for stunning and juggling grouped adds and my current favorite tank weapon.

I enjoy fire tanking mostly because of how versatile it is with loadout possibilities.
    • Like x 4
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

I actually have Bow on my Earth tank, ATM. Never tried it until now, but it is quite nice. My favorite is still HB, though.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

For slot 3, it depends if you are solo tanking or not. If not, then use Lasso. But if you are solo tanking, i preffer Wildfire, because it sets enemies on fire and Backdraft benefits from that.

Im guessing "enclave" is actually Enflame, so what i do first is pop a power first then engage with a luunge followed by Backdraft.
    Once you are getting more comfortable with Fire Tanking, you can lunge first and clip it with Enflame, juggling the enemies, and then pull em with Backdraft.
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Bow and Dual Pistols are really fun to play. Two of the coolest weapons in game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

Acrobat Tanking is one of the best and coolest thing you can do in this game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, I love Tumbling Master for tanking.
    • Like x 3
  13. L T Devoted Player

Korlick described the classic Fire Tank move above. I typically jump in and hit Enflame, maybe or maybe not followed immediately by backdraft depending on the controller I'm with. Often I'll hold off on backdraft for 5-6 seconds to renew my taunt and get the heal.

For the third slot in that load out I described you need any long-range power to taunt things that are running away or aren't close enough to notice the rest of your powers. A lot of things will actually work. When it gave power back against burning enemies, Absorb Heat was a no-brainer. Now it's still ok with the empowered channeling mod, but a little underpowered since the mod doesn't seem to give as much defense as it used to. Wildfire is pretty good-- it gives a small heal for each thing it hits that's on fire-- but because it moved on the tree it costs 2 power points to get. Fireball also works well (plus its your super-taunt). Really any long-range power will work-- just decide if you want it to heal, pull, or juggle. A lot of players-- especially those coming to Fire from Ice or Rage-- really feel they need a long range pull. As Streven/Psychotz pointed out, your movement pull will work for a long range pull as well as Amazon Lasso does.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'd like some clarification on Enflame. Does it only take one hit to inflict burning and how long do you have to inflict burning. I saw no cool down on the power so I'm confused.
  15. L T Devoted Player

Immolation lasts for 12 seconds. During that time any enemy you hit with a melee attack or that hits you get 12 seconds of burning. This is a fairly effective way to get things burning if you're a tank.
  16. EP Ice Loyal Player

Has anyone noticed that in certain instances Flame Cascade has a two second delay between uses? I was running Patrol Catastrophe and in the warehouse and everytime I used FC there was a two second delay (like a cool down) in between uses. Same thing in the WoTL2 solo. I haven't noticed it in anything else but those two solos. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?
  17. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Question for you guys. Has anyone else had an issue with spamming Flame Cascade? For instance, I have my hold L2 Square set-up for Flame Cascade. If I run around spamming Flame Cascade that are out of range for Fire Burst and happened to get lunged and knocked down, it's as if my L2 isn't being held anymore and my weapon attacks start going off. It's only occurring after I'm interrupted. At first, I was thinking my trigger was wearing out, but it's a reoccurring process. It's also fairly recent. If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Anyone encountered this bug?

A side note: I was not spamming Fireburst in the vid, I was just jumping. Same happens with Fireball from time to time where you throw two balls by using the power once. It's pretty much the same thing that happened with Mental a while ago when you used one Mass Terror and it activated twice.

Got me in some messy situations in SM and NGN/LaW when I needed to block quickly and was stuck in Fireburst casts :(
  19. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This happens all the time to me. Had a league mate telling me "just jump cancel" when I kept dying while casting Fireburst. I told him I can't. I found that if I jump and tap block then it works for me so that's how I have been doing the jump cancel now.
  20. Stark23 Committed Player

I've seen others saying they can't get out of FB, I have zero issues jumping out of it.