Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. L T Devoted Player

There was a bug with Ice Bash causing it to proc too often with arctic gust. Should be a bit more even now.
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Ice and Gadegts using Distract are also faster. I learned that the annoying way in a couple duos.
  3. L T Devoted Player

I stand corrected. There are lots of tricks you can use with Gadgets. Pretty sure nothing beats distract/pdart in terms of speed, since distract clips. I haven't played with gadgets in a while. If Intimidation can clip EMP, then BD/Distract->EMP/Intimidation would probably rock.

As far as Ice goes, in a pure race it can beat out fire, but only because Arctic Gust starts doing damage immediately and Fireburst is delayed. But remember you're mobile, and you can use that mobility to (partially) take advantage of that delay. If an Ice player casts AG and runs into range to hit a target they lose damage while they're moving. If a fire player does the same with Fireburst no damage is lost.
    • Like x 4
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I did see that in the hotfix notes...sweeeettt
  5. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

if switching from an ice tank to a fire tank, spec'd fully into dom (was once rage) ...how bad would it affect my tanking if i dont put any resto into my mods (or generator mods) ...currently my base dom is 4991 (no elite gear yet) and i would have to check my resto when i get home, but i know fire relies on self heals and resto...im really debating going fire, but i dont want to have to re-do my mods on my tank.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Check out Remander's posts a page or two back. You can see plainly what every modding combination will buy you.

Dominance and Health is a good (probably best) way to mod. Since Dominance gives you both extra health and better healing, those mods are very effective.

My personal impression is that generator mods, even the 7.3 ones, really don't add that much compared to skill points or equipment mods.
  7. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

respec'd and got my base dom to 5056 and resto to 5367.
    once i get the elite pieces it will be almost 5300...but i didnt think it would benefit fire as much as the other powers especially since they need resto
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

I don't remember the exact number but a 7.3 health mod gives 190ish health, which is more than 3 T4 health/dom innates. Whether or not that is enough of a boost to warrant farming content for generator mods is debatable. I'm ocd so I'm farming errrr day.

As far as a respec goes, the most radical change for an Ice/Rage/Earth tanking switching to Fire is speccing into the healing innates. Fire benefits from resto more than Rage or Earth (similar to Ice imo) but aside from putting Resto/Health in yellows you shouldn't stress it. Like, get the T2 resto innates but don't bother with the T4 resto innates.
    • Like x 1
  9. FourSyte93 Well-Known Player

Is this a decent load?

Overheat,Fiery Weapon,Inferno,Absorb Heat,Flame Cascade,Spontaneous Combustion/Detonate.

Tryna go the AM route.Haven't been Fire in a while so thought I'd raise a new toon.Yada yada,ramble clipped.Yay or nay?
  10. Avian Dedicated Player

As a Fire tank do I want to make sure to get all the healing crit chances and magnitudes in every tree?
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

You should really get those before stat boosts.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

You don't have an AM finisher in there. I'd drop Overheat and Spontaneous Combustion. Replace Absorb Heat with Burning Determination. Add Fireburst for closer range AM damage and Mass Detonation for max range AM damage.
    • Like x 2
  13. Avian Dedicated Player

Trying to focus on dom more, I'm not really convinced about the self heals that much but I can try.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Boosting the crit percentages is definitely better than the relatively dinky raw stats. You're basically a healer who only heals yourself. As a healer, you're much better off getting your crits before the resto from the weapon trees.
    • Like x 1
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

Healer crits weren't that useful before Fire Tank got its buffs. Now that Stoke Flames and Burning Determination are great self-heals, the healer crits are much more useful. I almost don't notice the heals from Backdraft anymore, certainly not outside of raids at any rate.

Although it would be nice, now that they've proven they can alter a power's cooldown time, if they could alter BD's cooldown to be different from PVE and PVP (heck, that'd probably fix those complaints of broken Fire tanking in PVP...).
  16. Avian Dedicated Player

How much do they actually heal though? My main focus right now is to invest in stats that makes my health boost better.
  17. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Tank role version of BD is still 20 seconds i'm pretty sure
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

The amount you get from SP investment is rather puny compared to what gear and mods get you. That's why I'd invest in boosting healing crit chance and mag, before going deeper into the weapon trees for more dom and health.
  19. Stark23 Committed Player

This is correct, the shortened BD cool down was only applied to DPS role.
  20. VariableFire Loyal Player

Hence why I want a separate cd for PVP, so the tank version of BD can have a cd of 12 seconds to rotate with Stoke Flames in PVE. I know shortening it to that in PVP would get all those PVP players all riled up and whiny.