Trade Forums? what happen to them? or are they there ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

im looking for a specific aura to buy, and there use to be Trade forums for people to buy/sell/trade while not in game.

just curious. all of SOE/Daybreaks, forums use to have them for their MMOs, and they work great.

Anyway, USPC looking for a Red Tesla, if anyone has one, to trade or sell for a reasonable price, been playing since 2012, and kinda started getting all the Lightning/speeforce based looking materials/auras since quantum came out, and didn't get the red tesla.

Cheers yal.
  2. Eve YouTuber

We recently got a trade channel on the official discord server, so maybe it will come back on forums aswell (Though it is harder to monitor when people try to do illegal sales of accounts and real life items\cash)
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They took it down.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It went away during the lockdown after the money glitch, along with cash trades via mail and (temporarily) all trades. Why it's not back up though, is weird.

I've got to check on my supplies and see if I have a Red Tesla. I know I had one, but I might have applied it a while back.
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

awwww, that is why im confused, cause i was gone for about six , or seven months, while i was gone the cash thing happened, sucks, makes sense, but so many people have too much money p.s if you can't buy something with the ammount of cash you can hold on a character, that should be a sign, but i really only miss that i can't mail cash to myself.... its weird. but with the duping gone.... why take that away, or is that how they did it? anyway just asking questions, cause it sucks not being able to afford much lol, even though i can get 900 mil easily but, even that isn't enough, and i can't find stuff on the forums anymore , it really is a awesome tool. i mean what is taking the trade forums away from except someone poping a message where to buy cash, but that could be remedy, people can DM each other i think, i don't know, just was nice to be able to buy something / make a deal if i wasn't in game. on a proper thread. but yea thx for the reply, and

let me know DM or in game Constantine Exorcist
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Sending cash to yourself is still pretty easy.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Iirc, Mepps didn't bring it back because of the players trying to do shady trades that were against the TOS.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, they should bring it back to the fourms at this point.

And I checked....I could not find it, and I do have one applied to my main, so I think I ate it....sorry.
  9. Toshknight Loyal Player

ahh its ok, used to it lol, thanks for looking and replying
  10. Toshknight Loyal Player

is it the broker way? or is ther a better way, or just having a friend be a middle trademan

11. The Con Dedicated Player

Broker.
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea I'm broke usually cause, well I'm not broke, i just have items, as assets instead of money, and if i want to buy something, ill sell something, and send what i need, I'm not one of those rich guys, that flips and flips and is able to max my characters out on cash. im not one of the of the in game dcuo broker players, " which is cool if you like doing that totally, "its what they like, and more power to them, if a MMO experience is that" but sadly most people that are playing mmos kind of adapted to this nonsensical RL currency , even though you pay a monthly fee. its almost like the only MMO that is close to the way it use to be is wow, but we all know how that is now if you are a fan and played it in the past. but i am getting off topic.

for better or worse i have sucked it up and im use to it, but just breaks my heart when there is a aura like the red tesla i have been trying to get , playing since launch, and not casually im a fan of the game, and i get ghosted by a guy that tells me go buy the aura he put on the broker for 640, i say ok, i move some money, and he logs off and raises it to 900, and just lets the auction end...like , almost he or she didn't want me to have the item, even though, they have every single aura and rare material in game, but for some reason, doesn't want me to have it....breaks my heart.

the game bankers charge me 6mil, just to send money, aka buy it from my self. its efficient, and works but i don't know that fee the server charges is way to much, the credit to cash worth is the same as SWTOR and you only pay like 2k to put something up , and they take a small percentage which is like 2 mil from 100mil sale, i know it has to seem realistic so the server has to MAKE ITS MONEY, the all powerful bank of the multiverse of DCUO, needs to get a return on all the stuff we pay RL cash for, that's what the big deal is i think...the monitor's fuigknights are going to come break our in game and RL knee caps, if they don't get their cut.

"see I'm thinking as i type this... little P.S and peak into how crazy and weird i am," but we mainly get our items, that are rare from paying real life currency, but the server even has to make money off us, its like were getting screwed by the games AI and the actual marketing style of the game, by via style marketplace, instead of just having 15 bucks a month let us able to loot all these items in game by? how i don't know playing the game?, but what do i know.

thanks for reading this if you did, i kept thinking of stuff while typing, i know this isn't a freaking blog but, hey i goto talk to someone

soon there should be a dcuo in game psychiatrist. for the big over thinker like me, and then we will have a insurance fee in game, for our characters and some how theyl charge us RL money. for that too ya?
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I don't have a red, but do have a purple or orange.
  14. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I think I had someone scam me on a trade by putting a similar aura up on the broker for 800 million and took it off after the trade like it sold. Because people are telling me the aura I traded for was worth way less than what I traded for the aura. It appeared at minimum to be worth the same when I was trying to research it, and its very rare, I rarely see these types of aura's on the broker. So I feel your pain in that way.
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Name selling isnt allowed on the forum
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well technically he's not selling a name...he's asking for people to contact him if THEY are selling names.

ToMAYto-ToMAHto I guess, but probably not breaking a rule.