ToS Question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jul 3, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Is it against the ToS to make multiple dummy accounts for the purpose of farming stabilizer fragments?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They're all PS accounts. I don't know if they're all premium but they are all clones and look like they used the skip to 210 token.
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

having multiple active account does not violate ToS. is there a player bugging you that happens to have multiple accounts?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not asking if it's easier on PC/PS. I'm asking if it's against ToS.
  5. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

It can definitely be done "easier" on PC, but its not that easy. To run two, (or dare I say it, 3 or more) windows with the game, your processor should be exceptionally good, able to run fast enough to support the load. I'm PC and I do it on my laptop, but only on a basis when I need it. I have this member account, and one F2P account with another email that has one toon with the 210 skip. When I have to run an alt on my main acct through a duo, I just pull up the 210 toon on my other acct and run it. Or use one & the other to run bounties. It can be tricky though because when in combat, the windows like to flip back & forth. I have to run one of them full screen to keep that from happening, but frequently check back with that to keep it from timing out. Its a bit of a hassle that only has its worth when its needed, and I usually just stick with one acct at a time.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A couple of times I've run the stabilizer event, I get some clown who just stands at the entrance for the entire run and leaves after he gets his loot. I looked him up and he has 20 toons all with the same name except with a different numerical suffix. All of them the same power, around the same (210) CR and SP.

Even if you keep him waiting for 10+ minutes he will not leave until he gets his fragment.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Why do you even care? If it's not causing the instance to fail or be detrimentally harder who really cares, just get your own stabilizers and move on.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Next hotfix:

•Time Capsules are no longer trade-able

Lmao
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Was that rhetorical?
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No, why do you care?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why do you care what I care, lol? I got my fragments on a previous toon so leaving and requeing to get my daily Nth metal didn't hurt me in the slightest. Overall it's irrelevant since we have confirmation the stabilizer event will be going away at some point in the future. But back to the point of my thread, a yes or no question: is it against ToS?

If no one has an answer (and this part is for everyone), please try to refrain from responding. If I wanted to have an in-depth conversation on the subject, I would have titled this thread "ToS Discussion" or "07-03-19 Dear Diary"...
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Lol you can't tell people not to respond in your thread...

To answer your question, no it is not against the TOS.

Im just wondering why you care, were you wanting to report them?

Also where did the devs say the stabilizer event was going away, i must've missed that.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I said 'please try', lol. Keyword there: try.

Thank you.

No I wasn't going to report them. That would be fruitless.

Mepps responded to a thread before he locked it, they want to deliver players their stabilizer fragments by another means.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Ok thanks
  15. Monkeyboy Committed Player

No, it is not against the ToS to have multiple accounts. The only way it would violate the ToS is if you found a way to transfer Stabilizers, which seems impossible but you never know. Not sure how often you can do the event on a free account, I'm Legendary when my account is active. The answer is no unless you're glitching it some way.
    • Like x 1
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I wasn't going to post anything about this but I changed my mind so here goes. As (some) had said already.
    It's not against ToS to have multiple accounts. Using those accounts to vote on the same post/comment is against ToS.

I hope this will help.
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

then what you are describing is "intentional afk". this has been a Community Standards Violation in the past (2011-2013ish). having multiple accounts is okay, but "intentional afk" is not.

feel free to refer to the link at the bottom of my signature.
    • Like x 1
  18. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Multiple accounts is not against the tos. There are several players I have encountered in this game that have several accounts on pc and ps and support the game on each account. (Some, pc and ps from before the server merge.)

Also, I know what player you were mentioning as I have encountered them numerous times all afk in the stabilizer duo, event alerts, and event duos. They just stand there the entire time and collect rewards. I have reported them each and every time and will continue to do so if I keep running into them. And they have at my last count 54 toons, with each toon on a separate ps account within 2 different leagues.
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

no...short answer...no...but as i have guessed and merlin stated....its a hassle,,,you would end up dealing with the least fun aspect of the game over and over...even assuming you werent forced to wait hours for a q....even assuming you log q and just get it done...what a boring waste of time...have at it...make a hundred accounts
  20. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I am very spiteful. If this guy shows up in my stabilizer event and I'm in a spiteful mood, I will pull up a magazine and read, while checking to see if he's left or moved every few minutes. I have gone well more than 10 minutes on this, but not as long as some of the other spiteful folks who have mentioned this on these forums.

Of course, if I'm not in a spiteful mood or I don't have enough time, I'll just run it and send a mental-only curse toward that "player" in the hopes they will suffer something horrible in the game.

But sometimes it's almost as much fun to make them wait as it is to play the game. It feels like... justice.