Tokens of Merit discussion.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So as everyone knows Tokens of Merit outlive their usefulness after you get about 30k tokens of merit. Eventually as you run older content to complete other feats; your inventory becomes stacked with these useless things and you have no choice but to either Equip or Delete the tokens from your inventory.

Obviously the best option would be for them to add more feats for Tokens of Merit; but let's think outside of the box and see what ideas come up.

I'd like to see Tokens of Merit used for something else than Gradual/Outdated Feat Progression, so if you have any ideas post them here.

(Please don't go off topic.)
    • Like x 4
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Can't you trade those in for other marks you actually use?

If not then I wouldn't mind if they worked like this^
    • Like x 2
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Actually, it was the other way around back then.

EG: If you had Marks of Valor you could convert into tokens of merit.

I actually don't mind that idea though +1
    • Like x 2
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Ah I remember now, thanks for reminding me.
  5. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I'd really like them to be worth prestige again. They were very briefly worth 25 prestige, iirc. That went away "by accident" and was supposed to be restored in GU51 or so. I really miss that.
    • Like x 5
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm with DCUO Addict. I would very much like to see them be worth prestige. Wouldn't help a lot of folks, but for smaller leagues it would be a nice addition.
    • Like x 4
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they could do a number of things like:

100 merits tokens = 1 MoV
    100 merit tokens = 2 stabilizer fragments
    100 merit tokens = 1 material towards the artifact rank, depending on which 1 the more merit tokens you need.
    100 merit tokens = 1 MoL

and it can go on from there and give ancient coins, marked bills, war bonds ect

there needs to be a feat that if you achieve it you earn bonus marks through out all content :p

could be like 500k merits consumed
    • Like x 3
  8. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah after I got to 30k for awhile I was deleting them but I heard that occasionally they raise the goals/feats on them. There definitely needs to be something done with them because it is not much of a "reward" if we cannot sell, trade, or really do anything with them aside from useless consume them or delete them. I like the prestige idea but then again I am in a smaller league (thankfully growing again) and while we are covered on the proficiency buffs there is no room to do anything else. We have 3 banks that may have 3-4 rows each in them. For a small league this is plenty fine, but the OCD in me would like to expand it to the maximum. So this would definitely help out.

I also like the idea of being able to exchange them. The same could be said about War-Bonds, coins, or any currency that you end up stuck with. Marks Of Victory would definitely be useful for someone who still needs the style feats and considering that they are about to be more of a necessity with the whole artifacts thing that is coming. I only have a drop in the bucket as far as time played in comparison to a lot of players here and even I have 4 full stacks of these things in my inventory, and there was a long time frame where I was just deleting them.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I deleted all mines. Take took up too much space and I wish we could sale them.
    • Like x 1
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you can delete them ;)

it took them like 2 years+ to even up it to 30k lol

I been deleting all mine, it took me 3 days to get 5k when they did up it, so it wont take long once they up it to 35k if they even do that.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what sucks is we use to be able to donate for prestige now we cant.

it happen roughly a year or 2 ago that they removed the ability to donate them. I even reported it to developers after a GU went live with no notes of it being removed ect with 0 word from them saying why or that it was indeed intended.
    • Like x 1
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

True, they should be worth 100 prestige. :(