To all you 'lete players...get more specific or shut up.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Dom has nothing to do with holding agro, and a trolls dom is always up there with a tanks. Unless you take off gear to be lower than the minimal, it makes no difference. I won't hold it against you though. I personally felt claw was the "next step" in evolution for the role, as an option for those who already learned and mastered the art of it, and wanted an extra challenge to spice it up. When your PoT is so good you can afford the luxury of sacrificing the power heal into an extra 30% PoT, while giving a little buffy buff.
    • Like x 2
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Should have been more clear....controlling ads and bosses. As far as everything else, it is all preference, and my preference is not to run it, because it is overkill in stat buffs that are useless in the grand scheme big picture of things.
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Like I said, I won't hold it against ya. But also like I said, unless you take off your gear to be below the minimum (or troll in DPS gear, but you'd probably still), you are always gonna be CCing everything. Except bosses, stuns don't work on bosses. OR if you just do what many others are doing and switch to BOP Commlink. But I doubt you wanna do that (it's good though, and fun).
    • Like x 1
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

To be honest, I don't even run BOP. I get that it is cool and all to hit one power and all three buffs are applied. My point being is that claw may work better while in battle troll mode working in concert with BOP and/or the Hecate art..but, due to DPS stacking, there are much better options available to perform the same way without spending the resources to do so.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I used to agree with you on that when I first used it, but now with Oracle and Cyborg helping some users, and once it's leveled to 200, I find most people to be powered fine even in Elite. Generally the only ones that are struggling is the 'lete DPSes who are doing everything they can to drain the power bar, won't drink a soda other than to get the might/prec buff, and blew their SD within the first second of the fight. I don't worry about them UNLESS I was throwing my hat in for a 'comp'...which doesn't happen anyway.

I do hate how POT doesn't count towards your 'power out'....so with claw, by the time you reach the first boss (mainly in a random run) someone will say 'Hey....troll....throw power or leave' or something along those lines.

I'm like "Tell me you don't know how claw works without TELLING me you don't know how claw works.":D
    • Like x 4
  7. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I have used it maybe a handful of times since I have leveled it....that is about as many times I have been asked to run it. To me, and as you pointed out...it causes more issues than what it is worth..Maybe I am too much of an old school troll (when I do troll) to fall in line. If players need me to run claw in addition to the other buffs and damage out I am providing in order to make content easier, or complete content....I would rather be in a different group.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...it takes some getting used to, and I kept Parasite to swap in if I had issues for over a year now. I used to run that, then swap in Claw at the start...then just observe bars or see if anyone was struggling, swapping back if it looked like it. At this point I have Claw in my LO, and would swap in Parasite as needed...and that hasn't happened for a while now.

With Tetra and Claw, it 100% does make a difference in the run, so MOST times the juice is worth the squeeze.
    • Like x 3
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I feel ya brother. I would have laughed at the dude trying to tell me how to play by catering to them. SMH
    • Like x 3
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Saddest and unfortunate part is, on lower populated servers like Xbox, you are expected to conform to this treatment or be excluded. Sticking up for yourself just gets you ridiculed and called "trash" more lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I consider the dom and resto to help with tank and group shield strength. 7% is a decent chunk. Dom has no effect on troll CC unless you've mixed in just enough DPS gear so that your dom is just under the dom threshold and the 7% would put it over.

Mainly though, I don't know how buff trolls who don't run claw have enough power to spam power heals. It's a 300 power cost power and with prioritizing sp in vit and health and running the health chest mod instead of power efficiency there's no way I could spam power heals like a power troll. I actually have 30sp (5%) in might/power since 827sp (not common) affords some left over after vit/health and also have all power gen mods (for dpsing) and still couldn't spam power heals. My power troll LO can get low in power and that's with maxing might/power and the power efficiency chest mod.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing. To each their own, 'you do you', etc. I'm just always curious how it works when buff troll builds don't run claw.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

LMAO. When a power hungry DPS (usually gadgets prec) tells me to take out the claw I always do but conveniently forget to tell them to be careful what they wish for. Then after a few minutes of getting even less power they complain again, to which I say "oh you wanted me to spam power heals??? You didn't say that part." Not that my buff troll build has enough power to do that if I even wanted to, which I don't.

After that, I've had my fun so I put the claw back in and proceed to ignore any further ignorant criticisms. :D
    • Like x 3
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Never have an issue with maintaining my own power, and never had complaints of power being an issue, and I play from the tray a lot cycling through recharge and debuffs, clipping in weapon combos between each power. Can't spam power heals with claw as claw takes away from that ability. Claw users are pretty much providing power through a passive POT that doesn't show on the scorecard, and if using weapon attacks genning power to the group and self. I don't run power efficiency, I use hearty for the extra health for buff purposes. If not mistaken, could be wrong, that claw negates the Escalating Replenishing Procs neck mod, because claw users are no longer using a group power heal when hitting recharge with claw equipped. They would be better off using one of the two DPS neck mods at that point. My vit is well over 100k, not max specced into vitalization as I full specced into health with IRC at or around 773 SP..I don't think I even invested any SP into might/power..however, it's been awhile since I looked.

As you said, to each their own I guess...but to me..even though some find claw worth running...I just simply don't.
    • Like x 1
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I find this funny. A weird roller coaster kind of thing to where, afaik or remember:

How it started:
    Needed 2 trolls. 1 pot and 1 dump.

Then:
    Only 1 required (due to that AM era)

Next:
    Revamped game. Still wanted 1 but not required if players play correctly.

Next:
    Oooh, gimme a buff troll I want my stats buffed, f power.

Guess what’s next:
    Ah, don’t need a troll, gimme another dps for more burn.

Next:
    I need power….

Next:
    Buff my stats and also give me power. Not those stats! The other stats! Where’s my power!!!!

And finally:
    Trolls be like, yeah, go f yourselves.

I laugh every time ppl run out of power especially when they use a power that isn’t power hungry. Like how tf you running out? Did you spec dom and play might, huh? Too bad you can’t see their Focus. We can’t win as trolls. Claw is really nice to use but it really defines who is power proficient from those who aren’t. I believe this is why in the beginning we had two trolls so one can pot and the other dump, maybe we need to go back to that so players can get their buffs and power and maybe **** for once.
    • Like x 3
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Thanks for sharing. Though just an FYI, the escalating replenishing procs neck mod as well as the Power Strategist Affinity mod still work with Claw. I've tested both.
    • Like x 4
  16. Dark Warrior Active Player

I started this game as a Controller because it was interesting. Years ago, I retired as a Troll and support roles in general because I got tired of the support role abuse. Switched all my characters to DPS, salvaged all my support gear and I've been happy ever since. I make sure to have any artifacts I need, mainframe fully loaded, correct mods that I need and max out on colas to try to take care of myself as much as possible.

I do find it funny when I see people running out of power like crazy and I'm never coming close to running out because I use power interactions for my rotations along with the power efficiency mod and making sure that the rotation is one that will keep me powered while doing effective damage.
    • Like x 2
  17. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Great post.
    • Like x 1