Titans Is the Next Live-Action DC TV Show, But It Won't Be on TV

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Apr 25, 2017.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the way i look at it is the only reason we never saw the titans swearing is because back in the day we still had the comics code and even today putting cuss words in a comic brings it into "mature reader" territory which limits the amount of readers a comic has access to. back in the day a scene with nightwing and starfire waking up in bed together caused a huge stir of controversy. nowdays you see people actually doing it (albeit covered with sheets) in most prime time tv series. Realistically speaking how many teen agers do you know that don't swear up a storm. how many adults for that matter.

this is the best possible thing that could happen to diop as an actress. she may not be painted orange but she is being painted as an innocent victim. the attention is going to turn into big bucks for her down the road. As much as I would love to see a successful live action Titans series i'll be very surprised if this gets a second season let alone more...even if it turns out to be surprisingly good. Her next jb after this will pay her more and she'll end up with access to roles she would have otherwise never been considered for.

I can't wait to see this. I cant wait to see donna troy, the doom patrol and hawk and dove but i also think its going to be really bad. I wish we could have had a Raven more like what she was like when she was first introduced over the pre teen version. i'm actually far more offended over that than anything else.
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

whats kind of ironic to me is diops hairstyle in the trailer...as hideous as i find it (and really its just mostly the color)...is actually becoming a very popular current style. one could argue the shows producers hit a trend just before it was about to become big.

oh dear god i'm a hair racist!

also itll be interesting to see starfires background in the show. while shes an alien princess in the comics and cartoons Tamaraneans are very different from each other between both mediums. in the comics tamaran is a lush tropical world. Tamaraneans evolved up from great cats. on the cartoon tamaranans have a decided insect like bent with many of Starfires biological functions, diet and customs being "icky".
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just adding some on set pics of the Doom Patrol and I got to say, they got the look down :). The ones pictured are Negative Man, Elasti-Girl, Crazy Jane, and Robot Man
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The Negative Man pic makes me think Rebis more than NM. I'm sure it's just because they're in civilian clothes instead of superhero garb, but I can't help but think it.

If it was Rebis, that would open up a whooooole lot of crazy possibilities, though...
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Just to add some more Doom Patrol news, actor, Timothy Dalton has been cast as The Chief
    [IMG]
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

He looks like the poor-man's Patrick Stewart :p
    Or what Prof X would look like with hair :D
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Your new live action Teen Titan line-up (aren't you glad they finally made something to make you forget "Teen Titans GO!" :p )
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

11. Azreaus Committed Player

I've just watched episode 1 and in my opinion its another swing and a miss for DC, I usually give a new show 3 eps to grab me (or not) but I don't see myself being able to last that long with this show.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

surfing around reviews seem to be on the positive side.

i still dont know what to make of it.

some 40 plus years of seeing comic book characters get butchered on the small screen has taught me to go into these things expecting nothing.

its not how i would have wanted a live action titans seeing to begin.

i'm hoping like the cartoon series it will somehow manage to capture the spirit of what made the comic book series so special in the first place.

no matter what happens a second season is already underway so whatever this is its here for the next year or so anyway.
  13. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Titans: Starfire & Raven’s More Comics-Accurate Costumes Revealed

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What? o_O
    Considering what they had been shown wearing, they couldn't have gone further away, could they? o_O
    No, don't answer that... :eek:
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

At least it's an improvement from what was shown. And yes, there are those that say too little too late and then there's the others that are holding out since it's an origin but my only concern is if they don't act anything like they are supposed to, what's the point... :oops:
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

17. Dene Devoted Player

I am actually enjoying it

Lets be honest.. every CW show is so not = to their comic book. this is a different take on The Titans & looks like it could be fun

Hawk & Dove appearing is old school awesome imo
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And... that's basically the problem, with the entire CW range and DCUO: "screw the original characters and stories, let's just make new versions, in many cases, connections to characters in name only"
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just feel should clarify something about the last idiots' post: have no complaint with creating something new, even within an established IP, the problem for me is when the creators don't have faith in their own creative abilities so slap on a familiar name or use popular characters, specially when there is very little of the 'new' story to connect truthfully with the character or the setting

Take "Elementary" for prime example: have watched a few episodes and, surprisingly to me, they have been very good, butt only if one ignores the whole "Holmes" and "Watson" names and treat it as simply "an English master detective moves to New York with his brilliant female assistant slash protégé and continues to solve baffling crimes"
    Just look at that show with Alan Cummings, forget the name of it butt it seemed to be similar with the exception of him being an 'original creation'
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player