Titans Is the Next Live-Action DC TV Show, But It Won't Be on TV

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

lol height has nothing to do with getting cast in hollywood ;).
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The number of tricks Hollywood has at its disposal to compensate for height is ridiculous. Just look at what they managed with Lord of the Rings, and remember, they wouldn’t need anything remotely close to that extreme here. Actors wearing high heels or platform shoes, standing on boxes, two actors walking side by side with one walking on a raised platform, camera angles...
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Conor Leslie (Other Space, Elementary, The Blacklist) has been added to the cast of DC's upcoming live-action Titans series as Donna Troy
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

She looks like a good choice :)
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Agrecian, looks like a young Alyssa Milano to me (something about the eyes and the mouth)

She was (is?) on "The Blacklist"? Great show, things seem to be ramping up to a battle between Father and Daughter over a bag of bones
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Some cool shots, but I gotta admit, my first two reactions were kinda silly.

First one? "Oooooo, grim and gritty!!!!"

The second? "What do you think, Mr. Snyder?" LOL

Now that the silliness is out of the way, the costume does look good. But there's something about the angle on the first shot that both makes the outfit seem a little more bulky than one might imagine AND makes Robin's head seem out of proportion to his body.

Just a little odd.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Makes me think of the "Dredd" movie poster, the good "Dredd" movie, not the "Judge Stallone" crampfist
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

oh jesus I can't afford all these streaming services, even though I wanna watch Titans. They have a Disney one coming up too. Netflix and Hulu are cleaning out my wallet.
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I agree but it fits perfectly with this current version of Batman
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Little known fact: Brucie had that building with the gargoyle overlooking the GCPD specially built every night just so he could pose, and has it pulled down every morning :p
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

im pretty sure Elijah Wood was too tall for the Frodo role.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So was Jackman for playing Wolverine, height should not be a deterrent, the proper look should be the requirement (which, so far seen, the actress for Starfire lacks)
  15. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 3
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so many mixed feelings.

love what little we saw of hawk and dove. beast boy and robin look good.

raven and starfire...not so much.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm excited now. It seems like it'll be dark and more for mature audiences like the marvel Netflix stuff is. I can get over them butchering starfire if the show itself is good.
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh HAEL NO!! Not even going to view that clip
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Actually you should watch the trailer, it's pretty good.

Starfire thankfully only has a quick look at, it's about a second, just posing, slight movement, no talking.

Robin does say a line I think you will like, referring to the Bat.
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I'll watch it, but Starfire's hair bothering me to the core. And Beast Boy didn't even turn into an animal in the trailer. I better see a T-REX or Raptor in the show.