Titans Is the Next Live-Action DC TV Show, But It Won't Be on TV

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Yes, Rebecca also had prosthetics, covering a few key areas and a some bits of scales on her arms and legs. Still painting a person and maintaining it can be quite time consuming and with how good CG is now a days it could be more efficient to go the CG route.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, hanging out with aliens? I did say to velvetsanity that it looked like the actors were just hanging out between filming, I wasn't saying anything about the characters. Plus Beast Boy isn't an alien, he's human from Earth. His father gave him an experimental serum to save his life when he contracted a rare disease and his powers/look were the side effects.
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, maybe Beastie was a human, but StarHooker is most certainly an alien (unless they retcon that as well)

As for 'time consuming', how long does it take to apply a fake tan? 10 minutes? All they have to do is change the colour of spray-tan and he's done (well, maybe a few touch ups around the eyes, mouth and nose)
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

a flashback scene of ravens upbringing in new teen titans #6 shes shown already wearing the chakra stone as a young girl so she must have gotten it very early on.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I don't think they would mess things up that much, well more like I hope not.

It's been a long time since I've seen any of those makeup artist reality shows but as I recall even the simple things take time to do, especially for being filmed.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Butt again, this isn't anything elaborate, simply making his skin colour green rather than pink, like said, instead of a 'spray tan' it will be a 'spray lime'
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sigh.

Ok, I'm done.

But I will end with this. The 2016 Warcraft movie, actress Paula Patton played a half-orc, they used CG to color her skin because it was simpler and more time efficient.
    • Like x 1
  7. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It’s one thing to change some of the details of the backstory, its something else to change the entire premise of it. There’s a point where too much has been changed to even consider it to be the same character.

Most likely the pics were of the cast hanging out on set and filming hasn’t even started yet, since Diop tweeted that her appearance isn’t how Starfire is going to look in the show. Most likely they’re all mostly hanging out and rehearsing and dressed as they are to help them get a feel for the characters. After all, when New Teen Titans originally came out, Wolfman/Perez had a pretty good idea of what the characters were like, including their backstories. (That’s a big reason the series worked so well in the first place.)
  8. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Sooo after basically trying to correct someone about a character's backstory (which in and of itself is something I admire and understand if the one doing it loves the character) you actually than go on to state what he pointed out in the first place?

No disrespect meant but Ankh's point time and time again is that we're kind of judging things and asking "Oh my gosh why are they wrecking it" without even understanding the contexts of the photos. While the photos still make me afraid of what they could do to a show I really really want to watch at the end of the day I don''t know anything about the photos and am just judging off of what I see which could end up being a different end result that we get after everything's done.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Could someone please point out to me, in any incarnation prior to InJustice, where Starfire could be mistaken for a person of African decent? And if not that, at least someone on the 'plus' side of things
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

To my knowledge, InJustice was the first time they added what could be considered African features to the character's look.

When they first announced who was playing Starfire, that was the only example any of the critics/pundits could come up with to connect the choice to, showing the direction DC was going in.
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Now now, let's not go overboard because we can go back and forth on the topic. And just recently, the actress Anna Diop took to social media to respond to the unofficial leaked photos.
    • Like x 1
  12. sirzap Well-Known Player

IMHO the Saturn Girl actress in Supergirl ... Amy Jackson looks more like the comics Starfire.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Pics, please?
  14. sirzap Well-Known Player

google it :D
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well, she's British and is mostly well-known with her work in Bollywood. And yes, I can see her as Starfire
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Definitely Starfire material
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Agrecian, and thank you Ms Benz

Always thought Saturn Girl was a blonde though, unless she wears a wig...
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Very true but you know Holllywood casting nowadays. This is her look in Supergirl
    [IMG]
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Damnit! Not even her emblem is the same!! :(
    Is it just me, or does she look a little like that Nerdist lady? o_O
  20. Helderman Dedicated Player

She's not tall enough to play Starfire (1,70 m, Starfire is 1,90 m)