Titans Is the Next Live-Action DC TV Show, But It Won't Be on TV

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Apr 25, 2017.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Go all the way back to the 80s, the original run of New Teen Titans. It’s in his backstory.
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, the same annoying juvenile idiot as in Teen Titans? o_O
    You would have thought he at least matured in that time, even if perpetually young
  3. velvetsanity Loyal Player

As far as I know, Garfield Logan is the only character to ever carry the name Beast Boy. Though he did try to get people to call him ‘Changeling’ at the beginning. If he’d actually matured, it might have stuck LOL
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Somewhat correct Velvet. Garf was pretty much The Doom Patrol's kid sidekick back in the 60's when he was introduced
    [IMG]

But I don't think they go back to the 60s but along the lines like they did in the TEEN TITANS show
    • Like x 1
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Heh. I never even heard of the Doom Patrol until I started reading the Blackest Night story arc :D
    • Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Can't blame you velvet. I didn't get to know about them until I got my hands on various DC hardcover archive editions that were on sale one time and I enjoyed reading their comics from the 60s. Here is a general video about them to get an idea
    • Like x 1
  7. Do Your Googles Active Player

My problem is not her skin color but this actress looks to old to play Starfire.
    • Like x 1
  8. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I don’t think it matters how old Zoe Saldana looks, considering she’s *not* playing Starfire :p

:D

Honestly, Hollywood can find a way to make a 60 year old look 20 and a 20 year old look 120 :p
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I don't think he meant Zoe Saldana per say but I could understand because the actress Anna Diop who played various roles in television and small films is 30 and it's most likely that her portrayal of Starfire will be a combination of her run during the new52 where she is older (not a teen) and the animated movies where Starfire is a mentor and leader of the Titans.
    [IMG]
    However, hopefully, the show does show off some of her abilities
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm, well, hmm.

• Like x 1
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's the wave of the future. With more and more people cutting their cable and going with streaming services, expect more of this.
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I can’t even come close to expressing my disappointment if that’s what they’re doing for Starfire. Also, where the heck is Raven’s chakra stone? She’s had that since her very first appearance in the comics! It’s an iconic and extremely integral part of her character!
    • Like x 1
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They have starfire looking like a ladyof the night. I wonder if that is intentional considering Starfire's carefree attitude towards sex. Even so that outfit is not flattering.
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As is this is bad but keep in mind that these are just on set leaked pictures.

We have no idea of the context of what is being done there. Most likely this is a trying to blend into normal life concept.

Then there is post production, pretty much everything we see in the finished product of movies and TV shows gets some kind of CGI or just simple airbrushing, every little detail gets some work done on it. They never look as the do during filming, so what's missing now could be there later if it needs to be.
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

It looks like a thrift shop prom dress with a very bad coat from the same thrift shop :p
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Yeah, but the chakra stone *never* comes off of Raven’s forehead (it helps her control her powers and limit Trigon’s influence over her)...at least not before new52 it didn’t (not too sure about new52 on, haven’t read all those yet)...and that’s not a CG thing, just paste on one of those cheap glue-on skin jewel things you can buy at any Walmart :p
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Where I live, that's standard attire haha.
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

He starts talking about the Titans' leaked photos at 4:00. Good insights and comic knowledge for this but even he has no idea of what's going on with Starfire

If you haven't seen this weeks Flash episode don't watch the first 4 minutes, there could be spoilers.
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I saw these last night.

So far everything I've seen about the upcoming show looks like a top notch effort.

Except for these photos.

Like everyone else I can only assume these aren't "official" images of these characters. I'm betting the "real" starfire costume (or part of it) is under that bad bridesmaids dress.

What i'm hoping is that the negative reaction to these photos will prompt them to release better images of what everyone is going to look like. From what you can see of beast boys costume is it looks to be in step with what we saw for robin and hawk and dove.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Isn't Beastboy's skin supposed to be green as well? They couldn't just slap some paint on him like Marvel did with Gammy, or are they going to rely entirely on CGI?