Titans Is the Next Live-Action DC TV Show, But It Won't Be on TV

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Eve YouTuber

Titans is reallllllllllllllly good. Just what we needed after the disaster Teen Titans GO lol
    Enjoying it a lot so far. Can't wait to see the actual costumes.
  2. DCUO Post Loyal Player

3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Each episode impresses me more than the last (though Hawk & Dove is still my favorite).

Can't wait for the Doom Patrol!
    • Like x 1
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its a weird show. with as many things as there are to nit pick and pick apart its still a very fun watch. I think the shows initial marketing worked against it. In the first trailer Robins "!@#$ Batman" line was seen as an act of defiance. in the actual show after seeing where and how it was used was a show of remorse. All the controversy surrounding diops casting as starfire is now baffling because the girl looks likes shes carved out of living gold.

I do question how kory can go from continent to continent without so much as a wardrobe change. I'm sorry but unless her hair caught fire and she flew to michigan theres no way you can spend a day or two travelling in fake fur after clubbing and fighting without it going ripe.

Hawk and Dove seem to be filling Kid Flashs initial role as the reluctant hero who wants to quit.

Very strange potentially tying Red Star and Starfire together.

I would have wanted to see something more comics accurate..but this as its own thing isn't bad. Its a slow burn. We dont even have codenames yet and I'm wishing for the fearsome five and dr light, brother blood and blackfire already.

Minor spoilers for season 2 have Geoff Johns remarking "George and Marv will be pleased" so I'm guessing an adaptation of the Judas Contract might be in the works.

I just cant wait for Donna Troy.
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

8. Eve YouTuber

OMG, This show is just amazing. Every episode by far was just WOW.
  9. Do Your Googles Active Player

I like Robin, Jason Todd, Hawk and Dove. That is it.
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

11. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Titans Reveals First Look At Donna Troy

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

ultimately the donna troy episode is going to be where i really decide if i love or hate the series. how important she is. you can't go by the Titans IMDB page as some of their listings are incorrect/need to be updated. Donna is going to be in 15 episodes of the shows two seasons (the final episodes of season 1 and all of season 2). hopefully she'll be listed as a series regular next season. we have had no clue as to who she is going to be. stands to reason if you come across a seemingly demonic powered teen and need a hand you'd go to your old friend with the super strength and the magic accessories over the two street level fighters but then donna might have also wanted to be left alone or indisposed. Something tells me this interpretation of Donna is going to be more "Nancy Drew" than anything else. Tying her into her original roots, somehow giving her a connection to a wonder woman and the amazons would really begin to drive homw that we're in the "dceu" with everyone else. the character really deserves her due.

i remember watching the commercial that promised Wonder Womans little sister from the old tv series. I don't know how old I must have been but i do remember completely flipping out. even at that point Donna and the original Teen Titans were already my favorite characters. then i remember just how disappointed i was that they got her name wrong when the episodes actually aired.

its going to totally suck if they get her wrong.

again.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

well there is something wonderful about her...

• Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

not the titans but also not bad.

Runaways was my favorite comic book related live action series of the year. Season 2 is set to debut in a few weeks.

the Titans season 1 finale should air december 21st so things should speed up some the next few weeks on the show. After that Young Justice comes back with season 3.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

"I thought i heard Bruce talking to someone downstairs".

"Its Diana...a Justice League thing...".

Two little sentences that carry so much potential.
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

In total as of now, I'm in the disappointed camp. The things I'm mostly fine with:

- Doom Patrol
    - Beast Boy
    - Starfire

(ascending order).

In fact, the only two things I have to nitpick about Starfire are:

- the hair. The color looks right when her powers are on (as in "power mode" the look of her is really really well done), but when "normal", the color is not fiery enough, to many traces of blue in the red.
    - not in costume yet.

The last part with additionally DG burning his Robin suit I fear that the whole show may degenerate into bunch of teens and YAs as non-costumed crusaders. Which is not DC and would be a total waste. I've had it with the normalized "heroes" in every day clothes look. I want signature outfits on the screen.

Then there's Hawk&Dove, which I may have to add to the fine list after next episode, since I did not like the alter egos behind the masks the showrunners picked to start with - but in the preview, it looked like Hawk&Dove will get a flashback "prequel" starting with the "correct" team lineup in the next episode.

And with Jason Todd, the things start to go down. It's not the actor, it's the writing. While at first the attitude seemed to be just right, it fast-paced to an over the top portrayal during just one episode. He's practically already at Red Hood level psycho-wise, but yet the Joker hasn't "killed" him.

The "second" Robin plus the DG flashbacks also bring up another point that starts becoming really stupid about DCs approach to bringing things to the screen: Put in as much Batman as possible, even if Batman himself can't be around/shown. It starts looking a lot like nothing DC can work without the Bat when going to the screen. It's sorta a punch in the face considering that the Teen Titans comic run under Wolfman and Perez - the very run that started it, since the earlier sidekick team-up was sorta lame - is all about moving the sidekicks out of the shadows of their mentors, while DC ensures that the shadow of the Bat is everywhere as plain as possible to see.

I could at more about the writing, but I want to go for the worst part of the show IMO: Raven. I don't like the version they have picked for her, would have preferred the Wolfman/Perez as more adult woman than the emo teen approach. I also don't like the actress in that role, especially her tiny teeny voice. That is just NOT Raven. Even Teen Titans Go! (still the worst, no irony) was able to have a better voice for Raven. This would usually just be a minor letdown, but the show also picked to focus on this specific character's background story for most of its current season, so it multiplies.

I'll keep watching for a couple more episodes, but if the show doesn't grow (action, comic stuff, etc - NOT drama! Really F....orget about that ret....dacted focus on teenage and YA relationship drama in COMIC shows!) I'll drop out.
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can agree with you about Raven. Perssonally I feel like she's been mishandled since the Titans gave Trigon his "final" defeat in the baxter series which is a very long time...

I can also rip the show apart. there are tons of pacing errors and plot holes but like i said previously: theres also something about the show thats working thats making these "mistakes" okay. I can only speculate but I don't think we're going to see a "fully formed" team of Titans in costume by the end of season 1, maybe at the very last minute leading to season 2.

The one thing that really puzzles me the most is everyone being okay with all the heavy killing. At times it feels like I'm watching Rain Wilsons "Super" or a Kick *** sequel over watching something thats supposed to be "Titans"...but that darkness is also very appealing in a way that has't been able to work for the dceu movies. The only way I can think of to excuse it is if down the road the kids make an active choice to be heroes and to actively try not to kill. Maybe if Donna comes to the group as a member she can provide that moral compass the kids have been lacking in so far.
  18. DCUO Post Loyal Player

19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

weird how they can get donna troy right with such little effort but hawk and doves backstories get changed.

internet rumors abound that hawk and dove could get their own spin off series. what would be wild if based on their action in titans season one the "voice" seeks them out ad grants them their powers. th duo is already confirmed for season 2.

i cant buy that a young hank hall would let that happen to himself. i would have believed it more if he punched the coach in the face a few times and brought the man down inspiring him to further heroics (or acts of violent vigilantism) down the road.
  20. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Yeah, not to happy with the changed backgrounds there myself, but then again, Hank may not be around that long at all. Dawn's sister was already mentioned. And with all the diversity-blabla around, I could totally see the spin-off series to feature two female leads.

I think DC needs stuff to fill their streaming service, so a multi spin-off series start is very likely. Basically produce everything that the audience rates as "decent enough".

As for the episode itself, it was decent for a filler. It just was not the time for a filler with an eye of the series' frame pacing. I hope they get Young Justice Season 3 right....