Tips for HL Dps, please

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Stanktonia, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

So, ive recently switched from rage after only being the power for about 3 weeks simply because the power became stale swiftly. Which urged me to switch to a more "challenging" power (emphasis on the word challenging). And now I'm here, asking for help, specifically for aoe range, as well as melee. Thanks in advance
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Have you tried the guide section or obsidian chills youtube? Thats a lot to type out on a phone man
    • Like x 1
  3. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

HL is similar to rage in that they are both combo powers that excel in Melee range. HL does its best damage with melee play in mind. Which can be done on most mobs in most instances. Several Range powers are Channel powers and can do good damage but can take a little longer to pay off than clipped powers. Overall the best damage I've been able to track involves a loadout built around clipping constructs.

For a range AOE loadout select a PI starter Chompers, Light Weight Strike, SpikeQuake will all do. Chompers has the lowest power cost and deals the most damage if the adds live long enough. Light Weight Strike is a super charge generator. Spike Quake will deal burst damage. There are other PI applicators in the Iconics tree if you wish to try them but these are full range powers.. Then grab Ram and Fan. Combo Ram>Fan Clipped Fan>Impact. Then you can fill out the rest of your power slots based off you and your groups play style. You could also use GH>Fan as another combo but I left that out since GH is single target.

Example damage rotation : LWS>Ram>Fan/Fan>IMP>SpikeQuake

Example Power Tray : LWS, Ram, Fan, SQ, Light Barrier, Strafing Run

For Melee the most practical and fun rotations I'm using are Sonic Cry, Ram, Whip Thrash, Chainsaw, Light Barrier, Neo Venom Boost

Example damage rotation : Sonic Cry>Ram>Whip Thrash/Whip Thrash>Whip Thrash/Chainsaw>Chainsaw/Sonic Cry

You can try the robot sidekick. It works best in content with a controller that can feed you power and a melee range loadout. The robot sidekick doesn't do as well damage wise from range. Using the robot sidekick will reduce your power regen so keep that in mind if the controller is having trouble keeping you powered. It may be worth it to sub something else in since the RS damage wouldn't make or break anything from range anyways.

I like HL. I came back to the game about a month and a half ago after a long break. Its been really fun so far seeing all the changes at once. I like a lot of whats happened with the game!
    • Like x 1
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

Welcome back!
    • Like x 1