Tips and Tricks for Time capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

As you all know the current time capsules are ending and new ones are coming tomorrow. Already the broker has seen an inflation to insane heights as players get ready to make money off the old time capsules and the new ones coming tomorrow.

I already have all the SP from the current time capsules, but there are still many people out there who dont and wont any time soon due to RNG/ Money/ in game broker prices.

So to help those who didnt get everything they needed. This thread is for people to suggest tips and tricks to get the items they want out of time capsules.

Here are a few of mine to help you out.

1. On day 1 release of time capsules, Do not open them whatsoever. Sell, sell, sell , sell and sell them on the broker. When new collections and items drop on the broker many ( people who dont use common sense) buy them up at ridiculous prices. This is your oppportunity to build your ingame cash, so you can go back and buy these items little to nothing once the market gets flooded.

2. After 2 weeks, start opening your time capsules as the price on the broker to sell these might not be worth it anymore. Usually its after the first 5 -8 days but go with 2 weeks to be safe. By then after running the suicide squad event daily you should have enough stabilizers to open up a decent amount.

3. Trade with leaguemates/ friends. A good way to avoid broker prices and get things you need is through trading. Some leagues even put some of the collections(non rare) in the league bank for people who need them and to help their premium players out.

4. Be mindful of the time remaining on the time capsules. Since it seems like a new time capsule is coming every DLC, make sure during the second or third month of release to be either finished or wrapping up all the items from the time capsules.

5. Last but most importantly. Do not buy stabilizers as they are a free ingame item through the suicide event. If you follow the tips above, you should never have to buy stabilizers from the marketplace and get all of the items for free or little to no cost to your ingame cash.

Those are my tips and tricks. Share yours below.
    • Like x 5
  2. Swamarian Committed Player

People also might want to continue opening the current batch of time capsules, because I expect the items on the broker to dry up as people switch to the new time capsules.
  3. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

For collections, the colors also help indicates the rarity: common to rare (light blue, green, to dark).

For the collection item names, be nice if they put a unique word common across the items in a set. It'll make a fuzzy search easier and when listing items for that collection (more a quality of life thing).
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Remember, the Developers have stated episodes are intended to last longer than quarterly. So you have longer than 2-3 months.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea not really into sharing the way i do things or little tricks to making money. If ya tell everyone to sell all their capsules the 1st few days then the prices will go way down and there might not be enough people to buy them now because a large amount of people are selling instead of buying. If it hinges on a large amount of people buying capsules off others and ya tell everyone to sell em and they do it then it doesnt work anymore. Next time just let people figure it out for themselves ;)
    • Like x 6
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

OMG, why another thread. THIS ISN'T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!

This feeds into the millennial mentality of this game. First they break down and give us our own loot. Now you want something that is luck based thrown out.

Devs if your reading this. For the next dlc, just give 2 or 3 skill points away. That's what these millennial's want.
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

Never in my post did I say I want them thrown out, nor did others who posted. Everyone literally commented on how they go about it. And as well as techinques to getting all the items out of the boxes without having to purchase extra stabalizers from the marketplace. You must have this thread confused with another.
  8. VV Dedicated Player

WHAT'S THE RELATION BETWEEN MILLENEALS AND TIME CAPSULES?

Wow

Stop

Not cool bro

Not PC

If you excuse me, I'll go back into my liberal safe space to burn the strawman.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Very bizarre post.

Signed, a Gen Xer
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

This is all very well and good but in no way details how I'm going to get three Phoenix materials as soon as they go live.
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Great tips!

Another one is to be mindful of which alt you open them on. 2 things that are toon-bound are the sodas & generator mods. So if you open a capsule on a sub-30 toon, you can't use the sodas yet and it will be locked to that toon's inventory until they get to 30. Also, the generator mods scale immediately and are toon-bound, so you'll want to open the capsules on a toon that needs generator upgrades (just moved to a new tier) as opposed to one that has all X.3 for his/her tier.