Time to start saving stabilizers for the next TC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Aug 10, 2020.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

This set has been pretty cool, and with the 5x fragment week we had a while back, I had a pretty good stockpile and opened about 75 or so capsules this time. Between opening the TCs and buying a few pieces on the broker (<10M) I got both sets of emblems (none of which I'll actually wear), both sets of gear (don't care about the styles, but they're great for role gear), and the full collection set for the Future Flash helm (which doesn't suit any of my toons). Thanks, devs, for this stuff. The feat points are more than welcome, even if I don't use the styles.

OTOH, the other two collections -- for the lasso and the aura -- require ultrarare drops and are, realistically, unattainable. I have no desire to pay the 200M and 500M the missing pieces are currently going for on the vendor, and I'm not going to jump down the black/white neon chroma pit and pay to open 300-500 capsules in the vain hope one of the missing pieces will drop. The last 20 caps I opened contained nothing but common duplicates; odds are overwhelming that's what I'd get from this point on, especially with my luck.

So it's time to start banking stabilizers again. A bit strange to be saying that only five days after the Flashpoint caps started dropping, but who knows? Maybe next time I'll get lucky and get the equivalent of the flaming phoenix feather, Abin Sur's recording, dark water, naiad's circlet, or Tawky Tawny's backpack before I shrug my shoulders and move onto the next TC yet again...
    • Like x 1
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I'm at over 500 Stabilizers, spread across 5 accounts.

I exclusively hold out for Resurgence, because we get the 9 for 7 payoff, giving us more Time Capsules opened. And normally I get up around 300, and then blow them all on Resurgence, but the weird Chromas in the last Resurgence didn't look like anything I particularly wanted, nor did they seem to carry enough public interest to sell very well. I believe I opened 15 total and then stopped, so I could get the feats for opening 15 of the past two time capsules, and just on my main.

I agree with you though. I am never going to spend money on Time Capsules when we could just make an extra Free account, spend $5 to turn it premium and activate trading, and then spend 90 seconds per day running the Stabilizer Event to net 8 Stabilizers per month forever.

And I am never going to pay the Broker prices for the rare component of a collection. Instead, if I get that rare as a drop, I will buy the other cheaper pieces. Otherwise, I will not bother. I have finished many of the Time Capsule Collections in this manner, but there are no Time Capsule Collection styles that I feel too heartbroken about missing out on. Some of it certainly does look cool, but I generally design my outfits around what I have, so if I don't own the style, I'm not going to build an outfit that absolutely needs that style I don't have.