Time to increase PvP rewards

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Xibo, Dec 17, 2016.

1. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

PvP is a main part of pretty much every mmo ever
    • Like x 2
  2. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

Can someone show this fool the door back to no thought land? Can't handle fighting other people? Stay out of PvP and don't worry about the feats. If you can't think quickly and react to another person doing the same, keep at your mindless PvE grind. Maybe they should give PvE a seasons update, or cap all content and give buffs to anyone who isn't up to cr like the Anniversary content.
    • Like x 2
  3. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Someone's upset I hit the nail on the head about what PVP is really about.
  4. Roocck Committed Player

PVP is waste of server space... :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Businessman Ultra Well-Known Player

Compared to the dull repetition that is PvE? You might've hit yourself on the head, or been dropped on it a few times, but PvP is where you'll find the most skilled players in the game.
    • Like x 1
  6. IamINC Dedicated Player

Maybe a year or 18 months ago maybe but 75% of those you're talking about are long gone and all that's left are the pet power ice spammers.

There's zero skill in needed in PvP anymore just like PvE , horrible mess , I miss the old PvP
    • Like x 1
  7. OMG Well-Known Player

In all honesty that is a great idea. I really wish they would do that. But I feel as if they have 1 guy in the basement in Diego working on PvP. I imagine the amount of people that work on PvP now is ridiculously low if at all. I bet it's like a weekly choir and it's your turn...
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Exactly, since we don't have some sort of solution about PvP, for this I think I could probably attract more players on PvP arenas, PvP legends and so on. If we take a look of how many DLC exclusive for PvP we have so of course it could be take into consideration in 2018: Increase from 200 to 400 MoV each victory and from 100 to 200 each defeat.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Sadly this thread is almost 1 yr old and PVP is still a broken joke.
    Unbalance, speed hacks, the list goes on and on.

Leagues like OPT, HoB and others that I have on my friends list don't play EVEN after they gave the devs decent insight on how to fix this.

Time to put old Yeller down. It's honestly the best thing they could do right now, since sadly for a while Legends was about the only type of decent PVP left...now It too is a shell of what it could be.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

There's a reason they couldn't listen to their feed back. It was very one sided. Sorry but the PVP leagues that came with the server merge, or the PC PvP leagues, shouldn't be the only voice. There are still plenty of us console players around that haven't wanted to PvP in years because of the mess with PvP. I don't want that type of PvP back, sorry. From the one shot era to the hand full of broken powers, that was not pvp. It would be no different than some random leagues ruling pvp in the state it is now.

I want PvP back, but I don't want anything we've had these past two years at all.
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

No offense, but by that statement you never played with the good ones. Everything you stated they did as well.
  12. Vaper Level 30

This ^

Also there was such an amazingly vast amount of arrogance in post's by some of these 'elite' players who spoke at the devs in here, even recently -(supposedly on behalf of the rest of the player base) it almost beggars belief.

Devs attempted to reach out a number of times and just got there fingers burnt every time.

Was some pretty blatant attempted maneuvering on the elitist leagues part to pigeonhole and tailor the whole PvP experience to there favored playstyle.
    Elitists will be elitist though I suppose :rolleyes: , guess they busy being elite some were else these days.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, I did. Real PvP in this game happened years ago. Not post merge. PC had their people and console had theirs.

Believe me bro, there were plenty of good players that never had to record themselves or make videos and post only their wins.
    • Like x 1
  14. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Maybe there should be some styles awarded? Something that is rare to get. So I agree!!!
  15. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

Maybe artifacts could be used to draw players!!
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

You are correct that PVP "real PVP happened years back"

What I meant, is that there are some of us that played on both sides, and even after the merge most of the PC PVPers stayed to themselves most of the time. Again- their thoughts echoed what you stated in general. Many times (at least the folks I knew) reported bugs, glitches and any oddities because that's what they played primarily.
  17. Doom Patroller Active Player

OP, I was completely mistaken about what you meant by your post's title, because to you "increased rewards" mean "more marks per match", while for me it means several other things, including (but not limited to):

• More things to buy with the marks I earn (i.e.: more legend characters, new gear with new styles, base items (like the ones you could buy with Marks of Legend), and even mods - prefabs are the ones offered now, but there could be mods exclusive for PvP).
    • More feats & titles, to reflect that 'my cup of tea' is PvP, and get some progression out of it.
    When you refer to the last event, I remember that there was a new style in vendor, and a neat (in my opinion) new arena, for which I'm very grateful (Thank you kindly, DEVs, that's the most awesome thing you've done for us in years!); double marks were nice because it made faster to enter the Belle Reve & to enjoy the (then) new Deadshot Style, but the extra marks weren't (and would never be) a reason for me to queue for any arena.

In all honesty, judging by the way you ask for more marks, it seems you are asking to play less, no to get more rewards out of your play. Being this the case, I'd be okay with the 'rewards' you refer to (being those the Marks) being sold to you in the MP, so only we who play PVP because we like to, do so. That way, you get what you want while supporting the game, and we get to play with the people that is enjoying to play it. Win-Win.
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Agree and it could happen too.
  19. Roguester Well-Known Player

In fact it was called cheese to go heal troll in 2v2,there was a certain honor to not show off and be the best.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player