Time to give all powersets just 1 PI

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Liightmare1, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I feel like we’re going in circles with our discussion because I’m giving you examples on how 1 pi is better and will give us more variety but you keep disagreeing without giving any examples at all. Just to reiterate if we have 1 pi that means we have 20 powers all working off 1 pi that will give us more options. But as it stands now we have 20 powers and 2 pi’s so that means for each pi you have only 10 powers that work with that interaction. Meaning you have less to choose from and you get more of the same load outs. So please explain to us how having 2 pi’s will give us more variety in terms of loadouts? Please don’t repeat the same thing without giving an example
  2. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

This is also part of the problem with fixes to power sets. You have a page full of people who agree but you have one person that disagrees without understanding what is actually being discussed. Please don’t be counter productive to an actual discussion without have an example to back up your argument.
    • Like x 1
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Again it will not give variety dont fool yourself. Look what happened with the am era. Look how the same exact loadout was mapped out. Yes most load outs are very close to the same but there is difference. Don't be deluded. But the issue here isn't the fact of 2 pi's or 1 we still have not been received what was promised by the devs. They kind of did it with electric with its burst style and dots but not really. The powers should have been explained some and two distinctive power interactions. And type and single. This would benefit both pve and pvp .I am sorry if you feel we are going in circles but open your eyes as it seems you are blind to what you are asking for. Just think more clearly of what your asking for. By asking for only 1 pi you are asking to dumb down skill play again. This has happened several times already. I am glad you have belief in something but by asking for what's easier isn't whats best. So please think sir
  4. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I’ve given you examples as to why this is better. You have given no examples as to why you think it’s a bad idea. Am era was 3 powers that set up 1 big fourth power rinse and repeat. What we’re talking about now is removing the 2 pi interaction so that we can have more powers to choose from. One has nothing to do with the other. Since you’ve decided not to give examples as to why you don’t think this is better then what we currently have there’s no reason to respond to you any further. What have now is 2 pi’s for some powers and some with only 1 pi. It makes it harder for diversity and it’s not working. Electric as an example has 2 pi’s with electrified being the stronger of the 2. So what we get is every1 using the electrified pi losdout with the same powers and 12 other powers being completely ignored and useless. But if they changed it to 1 pi I garauntee you players would take advantage and use more of the other powers.
  5. krytine Loyal Player

And with your idea 1 loadout thats if my again less diversity not more your idea by myself and what it sounds like several others do not see it your way. But again I have giving you examples and different styles that it's supposed to be but its.not so maybe the devs will complete things and also give all powers the 2 pi's again. Plus how trolls could set up certain powers it made a more interesting group configuring. Take care and enjoy your easy narrow minded point of view I don't need to respond any more you care look at the bigger picture or others points of view and again 1 pi not better but we won't really have an answer until avair and the rest of the devs complete a few more things
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

You make no sense. How is the 2 different p.i's working out for electric? Yeah thought so. Polarized isnt even used. Its a bunch of wasted powers. Having everything in 1 pi would only increase the available powers to use. And it really doesnt matter how many pi's there are because playets always gravitate to the most familiar op loadouts anyways so there really isnt any variety anyways.
    • Like x 1
  7. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Yes atleast I’m not the only that just doesn’t get it. I agree that most just use one load out but at the same time I also ran 3 dif loadouts for electric. One for ads one for single target and one I just liked running with. And even with my set loadouts I constant rotated the fourth power. I’d switch oc for ebomb, electroshock, static push, Tesla blast. But of those are polarized so I wouldn’t get max dmg n that’s the prob with 2 pi’s.
    • Like x 1
  8. krytine Loyal Player

I know several players using it and doing well with it. If the devs set it up the way we were promised then it would be better with 2 pi's . The only thing that 1 pi will do is make it easier where less thought is put into anything of a loadout. Go back to the am some powers ice needed 3 powers spammed others needed 4. The only thing you will see if we continue to have 1 pi is dps will have an easier time thats all the game will spiral out of any kind of balance even more.
    So if you really need to make the game even easier all I can say is wow. This game was built around strategy and k owing which powers worked for which situations. I honestly hope this game doesn't keep dumbing down the game play. So please take your school yard taunts and think all the happy happy thoughts till kingdom come
  9. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Ok thank you for your opinion. All the adults know 1 pi will give us more variety on loadouts. Can we get a response from a dev on this matter.
    • Like x 1
  10. xD25x Dedicated Player

Ok so AM had stupid easy ice artic gust spam. AM was horrible but if youre somehow saying revamp style dps is harder let me introduce you to earth jackhammer 1 button spam. Gadgets single target taser pull spam. Thats just the ones i can think of atm. Lets please not act like 1 pi or 2 pi means any difference in level of difficulty either. You know players using powers from the polarized p.i and are doing well with it? I doubt it. Best case scenario is maybe using e bomb which hits for less than the standard loadout.
    • Like x 1
  11. xD25x Dedicated Player

Its not even worth arguing with this moron anymore. He is either lost or doesnt quite understand what you mean. Then again a quick trip over to wavedox explains it all.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Polarized doesn't do that well because of its very nature. Making it 1 PI wouldn't change that whatsoever. Polarized has tons of CC effects, which automatically reduce damage significantly (sadly). I wish it wasn't the case (I really wish the devs didn't take away dps just because of CC effects, but it's their game) but it is, and polarized is fun to play with, even though it's not good dps wise. It fits the flavor of certain characters better than electrified, especially ones that have to do with alien superheroes or ones in control of the elements.
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Thats a good point. I love the CC from e bomb but the worst part of having 2 pi is that if the supercharge generator is in the weaker pi thats unfair to some players
    • Like x 1
  14. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Which would also be an added benefit of only 1 pi. I wish there was an option for choosing what power would be the sc generator because static push would not be my top 14 choices. It would better for powers that set up a pi to be sc generators this way it’s a power that will actually be used
  15. Exostorm Well-Known Player

I have to agree with this. As of now Electricity, Mental, and Quantum have separate PI's which limits loadout options. There's also Atomic (which has powers that use a Dazed effect, and the combo powers used with the Qwark-Gluon aura), and Gadgets (which is unique in that it has the most PI's, and most of them interact with each other). At the very least I'd like to see the PI's of those powers work off of each other, and if we're using Electrocute and Time Bomb as examples, it's can be done. If not, then since most of the other powers were given single PI's (like Ice and Fire), I don't see why the others can't have the same.

Now I know Mental has a some powers that interact with each PI, but I'm not too familiar with it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

I’m def ok with powers interacting with other powers maybe something like extra dmg if the ads are electrified. But if the ads are electrified and water crushed then You get even more dmg
  17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

whats pi stand for?
  18. El Presidente Well-Known Player

Power Interaction
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree. I don't get powers like sorc that had it's red soul aura removed as a PI. There's moves like karmatic backlash that have no PI. Which makes no sense because bad karma is the PI, lol.

Two PI with two ways of playing should not have been removed.

I also think they should let us play off of each other's PIs again.
    • Like x 1
  20. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

the problem with having the 2 pi's is that one is always lacking compared to the other. and your locking up half the powers to a pi that no one uses. thus limiting the options. with 1 pi it will create more options and different loadouts.
    • Like x 1