Time for another.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xAcHieVeD, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Cyro Committed Player

So just to shoot down some arguments that people make

Pvp doesnt make any money
    - Wrong. It doesnt make any direct money. There was people who played pve just to get sp to be better in pvp. Pvp is also what we did when we were done in pve, they are doing their best to extend the life of each dlc as much as possible because every mmo knows that the best way to make money off of people is to keep them playing which is why it takes so long to get gear and why this game is so grindy and why they add new stuff to the vendor halfway through a dlc. If pvp was in a good state more people would continue playing the game with pvp. Right now most people reset content as soon as it comes out and then a month later they stop playing. PVP helps people stay in the game

The community cant agree on what it wants for pvp
    - True... and if people still played pvp that would be an issue. Right now they can do whatever they want with it since its in such an abandoned state. Any sizeable update to pvp would bring back players. Sure some still play pvp but not really enough to really be worried that changing it would cause people to stop playing the game. Only direction pvp can go from here is up.

Why update pvp, its such a small part of dcuo and no one plays it anymore, the pvp community is dead
    - People stopped playing this game when pvp got left for dead and those people would come back if pvp was addressed. I myself stopped playing this game because lack of pvp updates and no sm.

I honestly dont expect any massive updates to pvp anytime soon but there are little things they could do to help pvp that wouldnt require too much work

- Giving bigger rewards based on how many people are in the match to encourage people to q for 8s and 5s
    - Giving nth as a reward for koing someone and winning a match
    - Get rid of the random wait times to get back into a match once you are knocked out. its annoying getting 10s to get back in. I would prefer a lower time to get back in based on how poorly your team is doing or just have static times.
    - Bring back rock paper scissors. Some people may not like this concept but its a great bandaid for pvp. Right now tanks are almost unkillable and healers are frustratingly annoying, bring back trolls do more damage to tanks tanks to more damage to healers and healers do more damage to trollers to help balance pvp out. Its not a perfect solution but its a quick and easy "fix"
    • Like x 5
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

For those still beating the PVP drum, I salute you for your perseverance.

[IMG]

And I say Don't Stop.

Cos We Can't Stop.

COS We CAN'T STOP!
    • Like x 1
  3. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

To repeat, it's completely illogical to compare PvE & PvP in terms of dev attention as one requires lots of attention and the other doesn't. As I said before you are comparing apples to oranges, Also again this just shows how versatile the word 'half' is, you are describing half to mean half the content and updates, how do you know other people don't mean half the game from conception. As I mentioned before they forced you to choose between PvP & PvE, the devs made that distinction not us. So yea it is extremely pedantic to say it's not 'half' the game without even trying to clarify with the person making the claim in what context they mean half.

If Villains are half the equation but you cannot see that for PvP? Including all the Open world from Level 1-30 plus any content with open world is PvP if the player wants it to be, not to mention the fact that HQ's and safe houses are/can be PvP environments. You just used the term 'half' in a non-numerical context. Perhaps you should check the context before complaining it's not an accurate term, since you clearly think it's ok to use the term 'half' in a different context than a purely numerical one. The comparison is apt as you literally just proved in your own post by calling Villains half the equation.

Have you ever heard of a colloquialism? That's all thats going on here, so yes it is pedantic do deliberately take literally a statement not meant to be taken literally. Whatever though, I was just pointing it out, and now having to clarify where you misrepresented what I said, I know you are going to do it again because that seems to be your forte, so I wont bother continue the discussion from here. Have a nice day:).
    • Like x 2
  4. Azreaus Committed Player

5. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

If you’d read further down than beyond my first post you’d clearly see I was speaking about healing in PvP and trolling? I’m 101% positive that I cannot do either of those in legends. Also I’ve made several posts on what needed to be fixed and what was wrong and I got a message from Mepps saying they have no plans for it. It’s pointless to keep telling them the same thing over and over again. Multiple threads have been made about arenas and nothing’s been done. The legends fix took 3 years to do so. That’s disgusting and unprofessional to the max.
  6. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

LOL AT LEAST SOMEONE NOTICES IT. I wasted 10 minutes trying to find my thread thinking it was removed and sure enough it’s in the section where no one clicks on. I specifically chose Gotham city section for that reason so people would actually read it then they just quietly move it here. At least I got my answer. After my sub ends. I. Am. Gone. No reason to continue giving money to a company that can’t waste “their limited resources” to better their game. And as big as battle royals and other pvp is right now you’d think they figure out how to make it work. But nope move it to the dead side of the forums and pay us no mind.
  7. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

P
    Maybe look at games like fortnite? Literally all pvp and they’re making hundreds of millions. Maybe DBG should start taking notes on what other company’s are doing because trust me ain’t no one playing any planet side or other dbg games and it’s quite ludicrous that the money dc makes goes into other games owned by the company. The money this game makes should go right back in to the game to make it better. People are paying 15$ for a subscription and they can’t even give us fresh dlcs???? Cmon now a brand new dlc and the solo and alert ARE LITERALLY OLD MISSIONS with a few new people added. The mechanics are the exact same too. That’s disgusting to pass that as “new content”.
    • Like x 3
  8. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I’ve been hearing this from you/devs since 2015. How far are we back on the list???? It is literally half your game, well until you decided that we automatically spawn into pve instead of letting us choose to be PvE/PvP server. What priorities right now? We’ve been literally seeing a repeat of the same thing over and over again. WM failed had to fix that. AM failed had to fix that. Now we’re back to fixing weapons and powers again for the last 5 years. This is beyond pathetic now. This game was much better when you just allowed powers to be broken and just let the community run rampant on FOTM powers. The games beyond easy when everyone just gets max artifacts the day the server goes up. How are people going to beat elite content within the first hour? What priorities are you talking about? All I see anymore is TCs and styles that I don’t really care for. I think it’s beyond pathetic that you pushed the PvP community out the game then have audacity to on livestream that no one even plays it anymore. Ask yourself, would you play something you know is broken and just annoys you because you cannot do anything about it. It’s a shame because after my subscription ends on Oct. 6th I will not be coming back again. We’ve literally told you everything that needed to fixed In multiple threads and nothing was done. Some of those threads were greatly put together and went way further into details than I did and they still had nothing fixed. The legends fix took 3 years to get done. THREE! That’s sad.
    • Like x 2
  9. Berza Committed Player

Are you aware fortnite did hundreds of millions literally because they stole intelectual property, true? How much time do you think Warner Bros will allow Dcuo exist if DBG decided to do that? Better choose another example. Also you are talking about First person shooters, which are not the same kind of game Dcuo is, and attract a very different playerbase. I mean, not many 30-60 y.o.
    • Like x 1
  10. Azreaus Committed Player

Yes Fortnite is making lot of money from PVP but DCUO IS NOT and untill it does PVP will be left to limp along on life support. As for the current state of PVE content I've made my displeasure known in many other threads.

**Some pay the $15 a month (others less buy buying in larger sub periods) but a sub is not needed to play this game - heck you don't even need to buy the current DLC/have a sub in order to play it (unless you want to be at max/near max CR).
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they are all about the micro transactions now they are gonna ride them into the ground. like any part of a company that is crucial to its function yet creates no revenue the people in charge think they don't need it. because there is no immediate gain.

its sad really because for most of the first few years of the game PVP was the best part of it.
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

13. Raven Roth Committed Player

Everyone has been begging for PvP fixes and content for years, and yet we still have nothing. PvP has been dead for far too long, it SHOULD be a priority. I've never seen any game neglect PvP so badly that it died completely.
    • Like x 1
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

Of course it's not half the game. It's been left in a broken and ignored state for so long, how could it be that much of the game? What your saying is akin to having bought a brand new Aston Martin DBR1 in 1956, driving it around for a few years until a tire went flat, leaving it there in your garage for years then complaining that working on it is not worth it because no one wants an old car so covered in dust.

Fix PVP, bring back Friday Night Legends, profit.
    • Like x 1
  15. Exodusblack Well-Known Player

When I first started playing in 2013, I only played pvp. The weekly loot boxes were cool. Sometimes gear or an exceptional recovery kit would drop. I definitely miss the basic rock paper scissors and the role buffs. I was full Vengeance before they did away with loot locks. Now you have to play too much and the wins don't seem that rewarding.
    • Like x 3
  16. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Ah, I remember the days when dc would brag about their pvp numbers....now its meh lol
  17. Phoenix Five Active Player

Pvp is not a dead horse. :oops:
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

You're right, it's a dead dinosaur now
    • Like x 3
  19. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

LOL!

From this day forth we shall refer to PvP as ELE (Extinction Level Event). So basically after four years of waiting on them to fix/patch/band-aid pvp to some workable state I just come to threads like this now and laugh. Not at you guys, but at the devs for their utter and blatantly obvious failure at making PvP viable again.
  20. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

If you could, you'd just sit there for 15-20mins waiting on queue and don't bother queue'n for 8's as the current state of pvp doesn't allow for those maps to even be played - having an 8 que pop is like winning the lottery in 2019.

The lack-there-of attitude for pvp is almost meme worthy.