Time for another. Again.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xAcHieVeD, Jun 29, 2020.

1. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Replying with mannerisms got me no where either. I’m not the person being paid to figure out what they’re doing wrong and how they’re supposed to monetize pvp. I’m not the developer here I don’t get paid to fix their game. I’m not the one who should be coming up with ideas to help them fix their pvp side of the game. It’s also not my fault that they are incompetent that they can’t figure out how to separate PvE from PvP. So many other MMOs out there that can do it, but DC cannot? PvE is boring because it’s literally rehased content with different filters on it. You go to the elite raids you see the same people spamming DW. PvE has no fun factor at all when it’s literally spam DW and watch out for the typical one shot like it has been the lastv15 DLCs. And at this point PvP will stay a grave yard because the Devs themselves said they don’t care flat out. “No one PvPs anyways” that’s their literal saying on their livestream. Imagine being a supporting customer and hearing the development team say that. Huge turn off for the game, and you see why the game is in shambles now? This games nearing its extinction soon. I’d say after the PS5 drops this game is over for a lot of people. The game does nothing to attract new customers and pushes its older customers away with useless updates. They literally pushed their PvP base away. They pushed a lot of their loyal PvE fan base away with all the WM, AM, and useless stuff. How many times are we going to get a revamp to combat because they keep messing up? What is it now? Stats matter? Before it was CR? Or is skill points matter now? What’s after this? As time goes on i just see how incompetent the development team is and it shows when they need to spam time capsules and cheap gimmicks to keep the game going. It’ll run out very soon. Probably within the next two years
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Spytle, in one of his rare moments of candor said it wasn't profitable. He also mentioned that the creation of the shield weapon was in the end more trouble than it was worth (both technically and financially). All this was during the game's healthiest times.

What a lot of people have forgotten or just didn't know is that Batcave & FOS was all worked on during the early stages of the game...before Beta release. Those raids/alerts/solos/duos/bounties feel different because there was a full team working on them with lots of time.

Those maps were given away before they started the major tinkering with PvP. Last Laugh came before Home Turf...and that's what started the big PvP changes (beginning with Lair Pets/Trinkets and Mods).

There were some lay-offs here and there, but it wasn't until much later that the massive cuts started. Before all that though it seemed like every other PvE game update seriously altered or affected PvP, and then there were the direct changes to PvP.
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And you really believe that insults and petulance will somehow have better results? I've seen feedback and general complaints get results around here (depending on feasibility), lack of respect earns people bans and creates noise that drowns out the important issues.

While technically true, this also is what has kept the idea of fixing PvP completely off the table. If they were to go ahead and spend the resources to fix PvP their way and then use whatever method to monetize the game, what are the chances that people will actually be happy??? What if whatever idea they come up with just permanently kills PvP??? Now they will have wasted resources for nothing. Let's face facts...the truth of the matter is that nobody wants to pay for PvP. People have flat out said they "shouldn't have to pay extra for a core feature they had in the game from the beginning". Thing is fixes require resources, and those resources need to be recouped, and this company (after its restructuring) isn't looking to recoup investments way later down the line. So instead they have chosen to push development in the direction that is earning them returns on investments in the immediate future.

This unfortunately is the direct result of decisions made way before the public ever got their hands on the game. The only way to undo all of those design choices is to remake the game from scratch...which is not happening.

I feel for you if everyone you run with is running cookie cutter flavor of the year crap like that consistently. Also, your luck is atrocious if you run into that so often. I guess that's why I don't see things the way you do...I rarely see that in my runs (one or two players running DW spam is not the same as what you seem to be describing). As far being bored of the formulaic content...maybe it might be time to take a break.

False. That might be what some people "think" they feel, but no dev has ever flat out said those words.

You're not the first person to lay the claim of "this game is over/dead/extinct/ending soon. People have been steadily saying it for 9 years now...and despite being dead wrong every single one of those 9 years people still say it. I'm starting to think this game is alive off of people's spiteful energy alone. Jokes aside, i'm hoping more people take Stankonia's initiative...make suggestions that are small enough for the Devs to consider and that players might be interested in backing. In the meanwhile you could just keep an eye here in case by some miracle there's some traction in the PvP front. And if you come back to give your opinions or suggestions, you might try putting your best foot forward.
    • Like x 1
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

They didn't have a full team since either.

Unfortunately I was premium back then and would sub up for a bit, my other half would sub, so as I recalled that came well after HT when they started doing bundles, they were doing pretty good back then.

As I recalled back then it was the opposite as far as PvP and PvE is concerned

People would use PvP gear in PVE and I could point out a couple of videos that would say otherwise as far changes to PvP goes, GU 25 and GU 33 to be more specific and they were after HT.

My perspective will be different than yours none the less, I was never a PvP fan.

But just because I was not a fan doesn't mean that I would attack it or anything, I ran with peeps that enjoyed it enough and dragged me in it enough to where I would still have fun even when I would spend most of my time hitting the Rez button, and I neither agreed or disagreed as far as how others felt about PvP.

Whether it was having sodas or trinkets or HT in PvP.

For me they always listen to the wrong people, but that was strictly my opinion and it is what I was seeing with PvP.
  5. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I like the TC styles. Not sure why you don't. The single biggest hit to pvp was lowering feats from 500 wins to 50 wins. Once they dropped it, really no incentive for me to pvp.
    • Like x 1