Time Capsules and Feats idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DarkAya, Mar 2, 2017.

1. DarkAya Dedicated Player

People really don't like those feats (understandable) but they make TC items more desirable which makes more more for Daybreak. Is there really no chance for compromise?
    There are people who would really like to have TC cosmetics such Phoenix Material, there are people who don't care about cosmetics - just feats and people who desire both.
    Sad truth is, many of those who just need cosmetics won't have them because feat hunters are ready to sell their souls for those feats and broker prices are astronomical.
    What I'd suggest is, KEEP FEATs attached to Time Capsule items so they make profit but only for COMMON (emblems/gear) items, make RARE and SUPER RARE items (materials/auras) FEAT FREE. What do think?
    • Like x 2
  2. Thomas Wayne jr Active Player

I think I should get a feat for opening up 1000 Time capsules.
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

The biggest problem, in my opinion, is the RNG attached on Time Capsules. If we've got a menu with 2 or 3 options to choose would be better.
    • Like x 2
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

but then there would be the issue like it is in older content with the same item showing up 2-3 times so for example scar's power ring would pop up 3x for example so basically you'd have 3 choices but they'd all be the exact same item making it in all reality only 1.

Now if they did that right I would love this idea but old content proves otherwise sadly.
  5. Pults Loyal Player

Would be better on the surface, but that just adds another layer of gamble and gambling isn't something most want.
  6. Darth Piper Loyal Player

How about a vendor for past time capsule items that are attached to feats? Marks of Victory to purchase the items? The stuff available in the vendor would have to be at least 2 capsules back... right now, the only stuff in there would be in the original time capsules. The Amazon time capsule items would show up when the Qwardian time capsules are replaced with new ones.
  7. Sw33t Well-Known Player

Easy answer to this: NO feats attached to time capsules!! Fill them with all rubbish you want, but NOT feats.
    • Like x 1
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

For me its all about the materials. The p2w gear is nice to keep lesser played alts current, auras i can go either way on (have some attached to tc's, have some in the mp), so far none of the emblems have been anything i can use on any of my characters (and ive been begging for new emblems since the game launched)...but the materials. I want to buy them outright.

I got very lucky last go around. I managed to get two void mats early on. havent bought any stabilizers since.

we're due for another time capsule. i just have too many real life responsibilities. the game, as much as i love it has always been about giving me a cheap alternative to having a real life. if its going to come to pass that i need to be spending a few hundred bucks each time these things come out i may as well just toss my ps4 out the window and go back to bar hopping and one night stands.
    • Like x 3
  9. not_again Dedicated Player

The only possible feats that should be in time capsules is how many you open. This feat can be achieved in game with no additional cost, but could done quicker by buying stabilizers.
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

You can just make money by selling items off the broker and buy what you need like most of the population.
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think the best compromise would be to make the loot table comparable to the first set of boxes. Most people could complete what was needed with a reasonable amount of boxes. Opening 2-3X on the next sets and still not completing them was no bueno.
    • Like x 1
  12. Balton hero Committed Player

Fixed?
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Even tho i am 100% against feats in the TCs i agree what u said would be a good compromise. I personally would be ok with em going back to what the 1st one was like. Wish the next one would just go live already so we can see if any changes are happening. I know for me and a lot of other players the details on the next one are gonna play a big factor in whether we continue to play dcuo.
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, I put a example with 3 options but the Lockboxes have 5 options. Should follow this model.
  15. SuperBell Loyal Player

I agree, but I don't think it would solve the problem.

Feat hunters may be ready to sell their souls, but they only need to collect the item once. And I think there are relatively few feat hunters.

Unfortunately for people who want the cosmetics, the rarity of the item is what makes them so expensive on the broker, not the feats. I've been against cosmetics being in lotto boxes since the first BB. Luckily for me, there has not been a cosmetic item that I had to have... yet. But some day, there is going to be something, most likely a material, that I think would be totally awesome, but will cost 200 million on the broker. So I do feel the pain of the people that want the style/material/aura FOR the style/material/aura, and not just for the feat.

Hey, maybe the Devs should let us sell feat points for a cosmetic that we want? Here, take my Psycho, Hive, Oolong feats, just give me that material.