Time Capsule Resurgence!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Time Capsule Resurgence

Booster Gold has figured out a way to send all previous Time Capsules through the Multiverse back to you in the present-day, but only for a limited time! Beginning Wednesday, March 8, 2017, the following Time Capsules will be dropping in game once again:
    • Time Capsule I
    • Amazon Time Capsule
    • Qwardian Time Capsule
    Each of these Time Capsules are unchanged from when Booster Gold originally sent them through the multiverse, and still include their unique gear, styles, collections, and more. Want to know more about the specific items and collections available in each Time Capsule? Visit our guide.

NEW: Anomaly Capsule

In addition to each Time Capsule's original contents, every Time Capsule opened during Resurgence ALSO has a chance to grant a new sub-capsule, the Anomaly Capsule. This bonus capsule is extra, on top of what you already receive from regularly opening each Time Capsule. Each Anomaly Capsule can contain the same collection items, rare trinkets, motes, or stabilizer fragments that drop in the Time Capsule you have opened, as well as a chance to get the actual fully-assembled Enhanced versions of emblems and gear styles (no R&D, motes, or recipes required!).

So take this opportunity to stock up or catch up on any Time Capsules you’re still working on. But don’t delay! As we said before, the Time Capsule Resurgence will only be here for a limited time.

Looking to grab some Stabilizer Fragments in game? Look for the “Stabilizer Resurgence” event in your On Duty menu, which will send you to any of the three previous stabilizer events: Suicide Squad Training, Monster Training, or Antimatter Research. Learn more in the Time Capsule guide!
    • Like x 4
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Hate the idea of Anomaly Capsules. People including myself spent crazy amounts to create the Enhanced stuff and now they drop.... wow. Once again backstabbing playing that get the job done first.
    • Like x 13
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Will the capsules we have in our banks from previous ones have the anomalies as well?
    • Like x 4
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Presumably: "In addition to each Time Capsule's original contents, every Time Capsule opened during Resurgence ALSO has a chance"
    • Like x 1
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

I swear. Im at a loss for word right now reading this. Whatever tho. Tells me i will do things a certain way in the future.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 6
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

just wow all the complex i wasted ... just wondering if this is just to get rid of all keys players have before u introduce the 4th Time capsule.
    • Like x 8
  8. Rambo New Player

Will the capsules we have in our banks from previous ones have the anomalies as well?

^Id like to know the answer to this question as well.

Also, what happened to the idea you mentioned on your last twitch Q&A about providing some sort of points towards purchasing rare collection items from the marketplace? Based on how many time capsules you've opened. Is that still a possibility? If so why the delay? Don't you think its fair to work out a better system towards these rare 50point feats? "void mat," "phoenix mat," both going for 100+ mill on the broker. Feats never used to be based on pure luck. They used to be based on skill- hence skill points. Ever since time capsules have been introduced Feats have been based on luck or how much money you're willing to spend. Either take the 50point feat away or make them more accessible and a lot of people will feel a little better about time capsules.

I know it says I'm a new player but I'm not. I just have never felt the urge to ever post on here as much as I do now. From complete frustration at the unorganized system around time capsule feat point acquisition. Over 5 years invested.
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

• Like x 6
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Another TC? No, thanks.
    • Like x 2
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Let me see if i got this:

So for Example if i were to say open a AF3 Time Capsule, and i will get a Anomaly Capsule and it will also have AF3 Stuff inside but no R&D mote or Recipes?
  12. Nydia Level 30

WOW

I am so speechless

Wow this is really insane!!!

TC
    Wow i have no words
    • Like x 5
  13. Aquilon Frost Level 30

Just got Phoenix Material 190 mill all in all to get the entire collection.... ummmmm... I played DCUO "open capsule expansion sell **** inside" for 4 days, never again.
    • Like x 1
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

old ones coming back, no new content.
    • Like x 2
  15. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

:(
    • Like x 2
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

basically if u open an AF3 Time Capsule u will have a chance to get the Anomaly Capsule , that capsule has the same loot table as AF3 capsule but instead of having to craft the shiny emblems or gear , u get instant the shiny one if u get a gear box or the emblem box.
    • Like x 1
  17. rimvader Well-Known Player

• Like x 6
  18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It's a TC inside a TC. So, you open the RNG box, there's stuff in it, and a chance at another RNG box with different stuff.
    The big difference is that you don't have to have a Stabilizer for the chance-in-chance, only for the original chance.
    So, even though they're literally adding a layer of RNG ( :( ), the consolation is that it doesn't cost you any more, and that there are no new feats attached to it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

So we have a chance of having a chance of getting something that may eventually give us a Feat that has no points associated with it?

[IMG]

A much better idea would be for an Omega Capsule which would be a capsule that allows the user to pick which of the 4 (Time, Amazon, Qwardian, Anomaly) they wish to recieve and for the Anomaly to *always* drop an Enhanced (thus giving it its own loot table, in a way).

Two of the biggest complaints people have about this game are the money-grab that are Time Capsules and the RNG. So in order to entice people to play more you combine two negatives into a super-negative?

I don't understand your logic here.
    • Like x 16
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

OOOOK..This is simply Crazy In My Book...
    First They are simnply draining the Keys everyone has stockpiled b4 TC #4 Hits.
    Who thought this was a good idea?? (Anomaly Capsules) Just Mehhh
    Simply The Devs ARE NOT Listening to what the PLAYERS say. We Give Tons & Tons of Ideas (Great & Good Ideas) Yet NONE are implemented.
    Also Whats with EVERY Other Event getting 30 Days yet St. Paddy's ONLY gets 2 Weeks BS?
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.