time bomb fake damage

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ZenAku, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenAku New Player

time bomb is acting like clown box with transmute and adds dmg when the bomb blows up but doesnt show it. its dealing bout 2-3k from the looks of it
    • Like x 4
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

These sort of complaints already ruined one power, get over the fake damage already, it's not a big deal.
    • Like x 3
  3. KidFly New Player

it is a big deal... fake damage does not help the group, all it does is deceives players on actual damage being done
    • Like x 1
  4. 478874 Dedicated Player

If you're being deceived by a guy running a power that does fake damage, then I don't know what to tell you other than you probably have bigger problems then time-bomb fake damage on the scorecards.
    • Like x 4
  5. KidFly New Player

its not as if its a slight bit of damage....the time bomb fake damage does 3k-5k dmg on the scoreboard every time its done
  6. 478874 Dedicated Player

Not trying to flame you but do you have trouble distinguishing between a good DPS burn rate and a bad one?

And honestly, every time this topic has been levied against a specific super power in the game, the power is essentially disabled. To this point, no other fix has every been implemented.
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Did you get beat on the scorboard or something and your trying to rationalize it? I'm confused.
    • Like x 2
  8. aceCase Committed Player

Obvious fix is to not only remove the fake damage but to also make it slower! Why? Because!
    • Like x 1
  9. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I'm betting he was out damaged by a controller using it as a defence debuff. It makes DPS cry when a controller is keeping up to them in terms of dmg.
    • Like x 1
  10. KidFly New Player

well let me clear things up. I AM NOT A DPS. regardless of the fake damage a dps should still significantly do higher damage than a troller even with the fake damage...the reason i feel its important to fix the fake damage is when you are comparing it to another role...ive heard a troller getting a damage compliment over another troller in a raid but the troller was quantum doing fake damage
    • Like x 1
  11. FrostyMagma New Player

Alert another scoreboard watcher. So what if you get beat by fake damage or not it isnt about who does the most damage or heals or vit out, it's about getting the job done, getting paid and moving on.
    • Like x 1
  12. 478874 Dedicated Player

Just let it go.
  13. KidFly New Player

well lets say your in a raid that you are having a difficult time finishing... then lets says they look at the scoreboard and the healing out is 200k heals and 400k heals....so then the group blames it on the healer putting out not enough heals so they kick him for a new healer...but come to find out that healer was putting out fake heals and his numbers were actually only around 250k healing out...does it not matter that hes putting out fake heals?
    • Like x 1
  14. KidFly New Player

point being that fake numbers reflect on other players
    point being that fake numbers can make another player look bad even though they are just as good or even better
  15. Burnt New Player

People die from "fake" heals. No one dies from fake damage
  16. KidFly New Player

my point being that fake numbers can make a player look better than another player....some player pride themselves on their numbers at the end of the scoreboard and work hard during the instance to achieve those numbers so it is a big deal for someone to be able to seem as if their doing so well even though their not doing much at all
  17. Foxe Well-Known Player

This is why you run with people you know and or a league. No one cares as long as we get done.

From a PUG point of view though, I can see the concern. I never PUG but can see the point of, if the damage doesn't actually register against an enemies HP but does on the score card, a good DPS may get kicked as a result.

But I NEVER get kicked, why? I run with people I get on with and we would never kick each other, unless its a wind up lol
    • Like x 3
  18. TheRealDeathern New Player

did you get kicked? I've never been kicked as a troll, just more curious now than I was before.
  19. Burnt New Player

Ok, I see now. It's the board thing again. As a DPS myself I really don't care about the board if we finish, I get loot and I get my marks all is good in the world. I understand now why you're so upset about this. Good luck getting it changed. I don't care either way as I do not use time bomb and have no plans on using it.
    Peace
    • Like x 2
  20. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, I think we all get the gist of what you are getting at. However, I would contend several things:
    1. If you are in a group that cannot complete the content and is deceived in such a way, probably best you leave anyway. The problem simply doesn't lie with the deceiver but the rest of the group for being deceived, and is probably an overall indictment of their collective skill.
    2. People on these forums, myself included, like to throw around the term "fix". However, I have to imagine coming from the perspective of the developers, it's a rather presumptuous demand that doesn't always go over well. I've become weary of making such demands.
    3. As has always been the case, the temporary "fix" is to disable the power for all intents and purposes. That is a compromise no one wants. It would be unfortunate to see Quantum suffer this sort of set back based on "fake damage".
    4. Don't always trust the score cards.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.