Time and Space - The Quantum Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Solarstar, May 8, 2013.

1. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Event Horizon takes care of that.
  2. thoughtpatern New Player

wop and sd are for gadgets only now ;)
  3. Diastima Theos New Player

I changed to T. Burst now. Thanks for the info.
  4. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

ya know, the fact the shield SCs are working this way may seem "op" compared to what we've been used to over the past few years, but in the context of the current content's difficulty and compared to other classes SCs i dont see it that way at all.
    add to that the fact trollers have needed more love... since launch, and... yeah, why not?
    if there is any balancing to this topic i would say it just needs to be between all the troller powersets, making sure Gadgets robot is competitive with the shields.
    my 2 cents.
    • Like x 2
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Thx, yeah time bomb just seemed solid didn't even think about the reuse, but that just makes singularity an easy choice, thanks =).
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

had to make that change, great in dps as well. Heck i spent about as much time picking folks up yesterday as dpsing =).
  7. Objeckt Well-Known Player

lol ok I just ran with Event Horizon in the Brothers alert. I will be removing the skill point from speed drain immediately.
  8. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

lol, been wanting to since the change, but i can never get the patience up for SP respecs.
    shoot, i havent even respecd SPs since they added the specializations, lol.
  9. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

For my control loadout, ive been running with: Gravonic Field - Singularity - Gravity well - Quantum Tunneling/Warped Reality - Event Horizon - Temporal Extortion...When another quantum is in the run, I swap Gravity Well for Warped Reality

The real reason I posted here is...WOW, Quantum Tunneling is the ****...I was running brothers with a melee healer who loved Jor-Els laser and every time Id just wait, teleport through the laser and grab him...My favorite power in the game by far
    • Like x 2
  10. Rob New Player

Oblivion is very much like Gadget's Gas supercharge, nothing too special. Quantum DPS is very good, but, can be a power hog.

Much respect, but, this statement is bunk in so many ways. If I used Quantum Tunneling on my Troller loadout ATM, I'd be doing it wrong.
  11. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

nice. its real interesting to see what each of the vet trollers around here is playing with.
    especially since quantum has alot of gadgets and mental influence.

ive been having a real rough time with tunneling since im so used to my Grandeur timing with the perfect amount of immunity to get a cog.
    i also got a headache trying to use it in pvp. i can see it being the kiting king, but when you are trying to stay in a fight it can be frustrating since it throws you ahead with your back faced to the guy you were fighting. i'll have to give it some time to work on some strategies for that.

i just started trying to pvp today with Quan. and its been a learning experience to say the least.
    the single target damage on troller moves is very weak and the power cost is very high.
    though i just deuled another Quantum troller and it made me realize that the control effects are pretty beast for arena.

gonna try to get back in it some more today. im still sorta torn on both trees with pvping so far....
  12. thoughtpatern New Player

im thinking time tree for pvp becuz a lot of the moves are mid range
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Feel the same way with the being use to grandeur. sometimes I don't want to just stand up, not teleport =).
  14. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

after comparing move for move from each tree- pots and debuffs- i thought i wanted time as well.
    then after a 1v1 vs another quantum troller today who was using space... i dunno.

the damage output is basically even from both trees for the PoT, debuffs, and PIs.
    In the past ive always tried to stick with only stuns for arenas, and avoid grounds or knockbacks, and Time is mostly stuns whereas space also incorporates alot of roots.

the thing i noticed today was those grounding effects really put the hurt on me, constantly being taken out of movement.
    though the trade off is the fact roots will give SSers power back...
    anyway, tough call honestly and the match i had went down to the wire with the other guy i think in a little higher cr gear than mine.

oh, one last thing:
    one of the main things i was trying to get a hold on with using TIME in pvp was looking at Time Bombs "slowed/cant attack" effect.
    ironically i thought this was the type of effect that the Space tree was having on me in that duel. really not sure what move was causing it out of everything the dude had. might have been the PoT, or heal or defense debuff moves which he used all from space.

hopefully i can get another quantum to duel me soon to test everything out.
    its always easier to get a grip on how effective certain moves are for pvp when you are the one taking the attacks.

EDIT TO ADD:
    Ack!--
    I just remembered the one reason i really posted today: What is the deal with Gravity Bomb's damage?
    in troller stance with like 1400 might its hitting under 100 every time???
    am i missing something?
    no beuno.
    this was another of the reasons i was trying TIME out for starters. i use healing debuffs more than any other power in arenas, but this thing hits for less damage than horrific visage!! lol.
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I use gbomb and in dps role I'm critting for 1200+ when the PI is applied, nto sure. One annoyance is things that move around a lot can dodge it as it's not guarneteed damage it's just a projectile at the location of your target when you use it.
  16. Rebelyon New Player

Is there any actual benefits to using Tach Burst vs Grav Field as PoT? It seems like ex-gadgeteers prefer to use Tach Burst while ex-mentalists tend to use Grav Field. It might be the effects look more familiar but are there any actual benefits to using one over the other?
    • Like x 1
  17. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

yeah, you are right about the mental/gadgets preference.
    in fact that was what i was sorta experiencing as far as TIM vs SPace trees in general.
    Space, troller wise, has alot of similarities to gadgets, and time- mental.

the main difference in th PoT moves as stand alone powers would be that Tach burst can effect multiple targets, and grav field just one.
    however the range for tach burst seems much shorter as well as its actually ability to connect with more than one target.

so, IMHO grav field is a tad more reliable at this point, but if the mechanics of tach burst are fined tuned by the devs i would probably prefer it. just my opinion.
    really neither PoT does anything SO fantastic by itself at this point, so really i think you're best bet is to just match it with whatever PI or tree you are using for now.
  18. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

hmmmm..... must investigate further.
    that makes no sense from what i tested this morning, but i'll go back and check some more.
    thanks for the response.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Aye neither POT move is as good as tendrils =), ohh tendrils, awesome, but I still miss blades, it was even better.

Tachyon burst has one of the coolest graphics
  20. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

JEEBS:
    im in front of a sparing dummy as i type---with 1900 might GRAV BOMB is hitting for only 120!:eek: