Time and Space - The Quantum Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Solarstar, May 8, 2013.

1. Solarstar New Player

Anomaly can only be landed within a 20 foot or less distance while Distortion Wave's 360° can hit from about 20 feet out and hit multiple targets.

If anything, the range for Anomaly needs to be increased.
    • Like x 1
  2. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

switched this afternoon.
    havin fun so far.
    main issue so far is targeting for some reason.
    probably b/c im so used to mental long ranged powers.
    though for some reason targeting seems very touchy with certain powers unless im hard locked.
    • Like x 1
  3. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

wanted to ask which PoT & Defense debuff powers people are preferring so far and why.
  4. Rebelyon New Player

Most controllers seems to go Space Tree so PoT is usually Grav Field. And if using Grav Field, Singularity is recommend for the PI in addition to its defense debuff. Furthermore as Mentalist which we were, you get a kick from looking at the levitating effect :p
  5. NlNJUTSU New Player

How many enemies does Grav Field hit? Is it better than Alcubierre Wave for setting up PIs?
  6. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

A WAVE will hit more adds for the pi set up, Grav field is single target. Warped reality will also set up PI.
  7. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I've tested both grav field and tachyon burst. Purely for the moves themselves, I prefer tachyon burst. The animation and control effects just work really nicely. My "variable" move switches between Alc Wave and Warped Reality, so I've still got the graviton P.I.s in there.
    • Like x 2
  8. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Yeah I went back to this now that they fixed the range. I stuck with Alc. Wave tho. What is your preference when it comes to the super charge?
  9. Rob New Player

TK,

I use Tachyon Burst for PoT (Hits up to two targets and does not split damage, the other one is a single target only) for the PI set up with the damage out debuff of Warp Barrage. Mostly a space tree user, I use Warped Reality (cheap power cost and weapon proc up to 4 on a regular basis and will proc with powers) to spread the PI for the defense debuff of Singularity.

Rotation: Tachyon Burst clipped with Warped Reality clipped with TE, quick weapon combo to spread PI with Warped Reality, immediately followed by Singularity and Warp Barrage. Singularity --> Warp Barrage animations are custom made to go off one after another and hit fast. Your target (s) will take damage and a half if affected with the PI's, Warp Barrage from TB, Singularity from WR. Both moves hit harder and faster than any combinations of debuffs I have found. I keep doing weapon combos until WR is ready again and use TE as the power dump when needed. Rinse/ repeat. My supercharge is Event Horizon, best move Quantum Trollers have, IMHO. This is just what I have found out to work for me, and be fast like Gadgets in my rotations. You will use your bar rather quickly with this, but, Home Turf mods and regenning your own power with weapon combos while WR is cooling down take care of the perceived issue.

Almost everything with Quantum is viable, I feel this loadout and rotation gives me the most bang for the buck.
    • Like x 2
  10. Diastima Theos New Player

I'm new to the game so you might not take me seriously but I did study or research up a bit about the game and while playing it, learned a lot more. I'm already level 30 too. :)

Here's my loadout for DPS:
    Gravity Well - Warped Reality - Singularity - Quantum Tunneling - Time Bubble - Temporal Vortex

So you use Gravity Well + Warped Reality simultaneously to use less animation time, sometimes after you throw a singularity or before it depending if you're close range or melee range which works with both since I'm hand blaster. Sometimes when soloing I like to switch out Time Bubble for Closed Loop. Since it's a 35% charge, it would work twice in a row and if you charge it enough before using it a second time, you can use it three times in a row if the health is needed. Switching between Temporal Vortex and Closed Loop based on scenarios.

Here's my loadout for Controller:
    Gravitonic Field (PoT) - Temporal Extortion (Direct Power) - Singularity (Debuff CC) - Quantum Tunneling (Escape Aggro) - Time Bubble (Shield) - Event Horizon (PoT and Shield to Group)

My controller loadout is simple. PoT, Direct Power, and Debuff CC. I have escapes and shields just in case. And I help the team survive pretty well. I prefer GF over the other PoT because it seems faster. I also prefer Event Horizon over Words of Power because the shield seems to be able to do more protecting than the heal portion would and with this, our healer would have time to heal whoever.

I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. :)
  11. m2stech New Player

So which grenade-like power has the most sheer dmg in you guys opinion ?
  12. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

nice.
    sounds like you approach trolling similar to myself with a quick seemless rotation.
    i was basically playing around with both trees and came to some of the same conclusions you were pointing out.

just from 2 days of playing though i seem to have trouble with Tachyon burst. i guess im just so used to uber long range powers from Mental, but i was also having issues hitting more than one target which is the main upside of that PoT move.

also, its interesting comparing the viability of the 2 damage debuffs. i'm a big damage debuff user, so it has been an integral part of my rotation with mental. moving to quantum its a totally different types of powers for this debuff.

i used A Wave today, but was still thinking i might like Warp barrage better, especially if i end up using one of these for pvp. as cool as it is to use A wave to reposition mobs, i'm not a big fan of the damage spread compared to the more focused barrage.

then there is the defense debuff... singularity worked perfectly today for the CC effect, but ive been intrigued looking at time bomb and the "slowed/cant attack" effects. i was thinking perhaps TBomb could possibly be more viable in arenas for those effects.
    though i seem to be having the same issue with Time bomb that im having with T burst as far as some hinky targeting or something. been hard to tell what the issue is as ive not used either much as of yet.

anyway, outside of the higher power cost than im used to with MEntal i found the powerset overall pretty serviceable today. cant wait to iron out the kinks.:cool:
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just saw the 2 target vs one and the animations and decided tachyon as well.

Personally I don't troll much, usually dps. Wondering what people use, singularity or time bomb for the defensive buff?
  14. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Singularity. Cool down is much better.
  15. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

so far im stickin with singularity for pve.
    TBH it was probably the best all round move in my loadout for trollin OPs today.
    i dunno, like i said i might try TBOMB for trollin arenas, but in pve i just cant take that long Tesla ball type annimation for lacing debuffs.

speaking of debuffs, is it just me or did they ninja nerf debuff durations again?
    seemed like i'm having to apply more than i was a week ago.
    dunno...:confused:
  16. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

BTW if there is any way the OP of the guide could edit in power costs that would be awesome.
    --or if they have been posted somewhere else for easy reference LMK, thx.:)
    • Like x 1
  17. thoughtpatern New Player

singularity for the cd. time bomb is cool power tho.
    i definately like warp barrage for the damage debuff.
    and gravity bomb for healing debuff.

i too have trouble with anomaly, feels like it just hit n miss.

on a different note, anyon else have trouble seeing if you hav your pi applied on me adds? also i feel like both th pi visual indicat ors are in bad places, seem like theyre centered in the middle of the targettarget. and they both look to similar to me to be able o differentiate them
    • Like x 1
  18. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

For reference, my loadouts for controlling:

T5 Raids
    Tachyon burst, temporal extortion, singularity, quantum tunneling, event horizon, alc. wave.

Any other content.
    Tachyon burst, temporal extortion, singularity, quantum tunneling, event horizon, warped reality.

Oblivion seems like a really good dps supercharge.

Also, IMHO anyone who doesn't have quantum tunneling on their controller bar is doing it wrong.
  19. Objeckt Well-Known Player

No WOP/Speed drain? You're fortunate to have people conscious of their power
  20. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

They have changed group shield supercharges so that they restore power to a greater degree than WoP/speed drain. So it's basically WoP+group shield. A little OP in my opinion, but whilst it's here I'll use it.

Actually laughed out loud at the thought of certain people I run with being conscious of their power...until they don't have it, of course.
    • Like x 1