Time and Space - The Quantum Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Solarstar, May 8, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The idea of not having quantum tunneling in t5 scares me hehe =). Honestly that move saved me probably 40 times already. But I do love that 20s 60% modifier.
  2. NlNJUTSU New Player

Quantum Tunneling is a great move, the cooldown is so quick that I think they will lengthen it. Imagine every 5 seconds in PVP, Quantum will just teleport haha. The burst damage of Quantum is crazy, just did Gates with 2 other CR90 Quantums and wow was that quick.
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

It's 10s. And Neural Neutralizer is 10s as well with the same 3s shield but a reflected damage instead of a teleport and dropped agro. So I really don't see a reason it needs to change.
    • Like x 3
  4. Solarstar New Player

The thing that sucks with Distortion Wave and Anomaly is that those two powers need to be used within a 20 foot perimeter of the target(s) or you won't get the Destabilization PI on them.
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's one of the few changes I'd like to see, anomoly be made an AE around the target instead of around the player so you can cast it at full range.
  6. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Here's the load out I am using for controlling right now:
    Gravitonic Field - Power Over Time
    Singularity - Defense Debuff
    Temporal Extortion - Instant Power-Out
    Alcubierre Wave - Damage Debuff
    Quantum Tunneling - Aggro Drop
    Word of Power - Power-Out Super-Charge

I switched from Tachyon Burst to Gravitonic Field. With Tachyon Burst you had to be really close to the enemy for the power to work properly.

Of course you can replace Alcubierre Wave with Time Bubble if you prefer to have a shield over a second debuff.
  7. Clearer Mirror New Player

Thank you, i find everything you said helpful. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Quix New Player

Where is this posted??
  9. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Patch notes for HL/Mental hav the update, and quantum works that way too. As well as teh comment on the power "protects yourself and seven other teammates from damage and restores power over time. While active, enemy attacks deal damage back to your attackers"
  10. NlNJUTSU New Player

This was the last loadout that I came up with and enjoyed the most before I switched back to Ice powers. Quantum just doesn't have enough DoTs to feed my need of balanced DoTs and burst like Ice has, if only Quantum had a DoT shield like Cryo Field or Bitter Winds then I would've stayed.
    *Has room for 3 iconic powers.
    Loadout: Time Bubble - Gravity Well - Singularity - Inspiral Waves - Alcubierre Wave - Warped Reality
    Rotation Alcubierre Wave > Clip w/ Warped Reality > Weapon Combo > Clip w/ Singularity > Gravity Well > Clip w/ Time Bubble > Weapon Combo > Clip with Inspiral Waves > Weapon Combo > Repeat
    First you need to set up your weapon and inflict Graviton-Charged PI by using Alcubierre Wave and clipping its animation with Warped Reality. Next you would go into a weapon combo, and clip the last hit of your combo with Singularity (to Polarize enemies). After Singularity, use Gravity Well for your DoT then clip its animation with Time Bubble. Your DoT is set and you have a shield casted, its time to go into a weapon combo clipped with Inspiral Waves until your powers cooldown so you can repeat the rotation.
  11. FeelsGood New Player

pretty much my loadout
  12. FeelsGood New Player

doesn't work like that players can stay locked on...I wish it did tho :D
  13. Rebelyon New Player

Its the reverse for me lol. I qted towards a boss by mistake. Ouch :(
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

start running the direction you want to go then QT, It works a bit better and more predictable although not 100% rule.
  15. Solarstar New Player

Quantum Tunneling is dependent on how far you are to your target. If you're about 20-35 feet out, then you should be able to teleport behind the mobs/boss. If you're about 40 or more feet away, then you're only gonna get closer to the mobs/boss. Camera angle has nothing to do with this, especially since you should have your target locked on.
  16. Copperpunkin New Player

I'm really liking the new Quantum powers for controller (I'm surprised actually, since I LOVE gadgets lol). I wanted to mention Event Horizon...I've been trying it out and I think I might use that supercharge instead of Word of Power. I had a friend empty their power bar and I cast Event Horizon....I saw at least 6 ticks of 199 and then he was full. Add to that the pretty awesome shield that goes along with it....and I think it's better than WoP. It's the same supercharge cost as well. I'm going to do a bit more testing to compare the power regen from both, but for now it looks like Event Horizon will be on my loadout :) (unless I find out that WoP gives alot more power back lol)

Quantum tunnelling is great too lol. It's just so FUN to use! It can get you out of the middle of a large bunch of mobs...and get you to downed group members really quick!
  17. recespieces31 New Player

Anomaly is an AoE around the target that doubles as a Heal Debuff...you are thinking of Distortion Wave, which spreads out from around the player in a 360 Degree area
    • Like x 1
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

MAYBE i am wrong but anomaly can't be landed from further away than distortion wave at least wasn't last time I tested it and devs said it wasn't going to change =) guess I should test it on live haha. On test it actually seemed it was a shorter range than distortion.

Can you land it at full range now? Is a time tree loadout going to be viable at range now? :D
  19. recespieces31 New Player

For Anomaly, I had to get pretty close for it to affect (Debuff/Destablize PI) an enemy...it has about as much range as Entrap from the Light powerset
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Which is exactly my issue with it hehe, apparently I was mistaken about it being around you, but it's effectivly the same range as distortion wave due to that limited range.