Til all are one...Transformers thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Nov 8, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    I'm a Transformers fan, specifically G1, and as such decided to create this thread for all you Transformer fans to post any and all Transformers info. Now I know there have been some Transformers threads here and there but I guess it would be simpler to have it all in one place. Whether it be news on toys, cartoons, or the movies, feel free to post any Transformers related content here ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

To start, here is a well done fan made continuation of G1 :eek:

3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You HAD to go and mention including toys. :D Been adding a couple characters to my collection here and there recently, mainly from the Power of the Primes and Titans Return assortments.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    It's been a struggle to resist some purchases, though. LOL I probably would have picked up the Rodimus Prime from the Power of the Primes assortment if I didn't already have the Titans Return Hot Rod, and Grimlock almost became part of the collection (but the Primes version doesn't include his sword or blaster weapons).

This guy still tempts me, though, if for no other reason than the name.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

DCUO POST created a thread on the animated series of the PRIME WARS and I enjoyed the series because it continued with what happened after G1 but like so many who saw it, there are storytelling flaws that garnered negative criticism. Has anyone else seen the series?
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

That Generations line of Transformers toys was a nice callback. I remember trying to find the Prime Wars series when TOYRUS was still functioning but they always had the Bayformers series which I avoided like the plague :p. I then switched when I started collecting the Masterpiece line of Transformers. And yes, that also include the knock-offs from China because they are just as good as the authentic ones
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Son of a....did they make a Masterpiece Wheeljack and I somehow missed it?! :confused:

He's always been something of a favorite of mine. The G1 Wheeljack was the first "full size" Transformer I got, and I liked the whole "crazy inventor" aspect they gave his character in the cartoons. So whenever there's been a release of that character I've done my best to pick it up.

My focus on Transformer collecting has been either new versions of favorite characters or unexpected characters that I think would be cool to have. That's why I picked up the Elita-1 and Moonracer figures, as well as Starscream (he was my other full-size G1 Transformer). Blurr would fall into that category if I had picked up the Titans Return version of him (still have my Targetmaster version of him and also have the Armada version around somewhere).

That can go in strange directions, though. :D Years ago I picked up this guy...

[IMG]

...so when I noticed THIS guy in the Power of the Primes collection I had to snag him.

[IMG]
    At least those guys are the cheap ones in the Primes line. LOL
    • Like x 1
  7. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Continuing with regards to the Prime Series, I found at a WALMART of all places a reissue of the G1 Devastator and the Generations line of Metroplex which sparked my interest :eek:
    [IMG]

But I didn't because I'm still trying to find the Generations line of Devastator
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Just some G1 won love :p

And this was created by an uber Transformers fan
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Didn't buy him but found this guy while out shopping yesterday.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Something of a surprise, but a pleasant one (always liked the vibe in the Beast Wars series).
    • Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Ah memories
  11. AutoBot Rage Active Player

12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    During February in New York, the NY Toy Fair was held with Hasbro presenting some new stuff for their Transformers War for Cybertron line. Some of you are going to love this ;)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

In addition, a Hasbro rep finally confirmed that the recent BUMBLEBEE film was in fact a start of new franchise reboot with now a G1 aesthetic
    • Like x 2
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I saw the photos of some of the other characters like Omega Supreme and Chromia during NY Toy Fair, but not Wheeljack. How the heck do I keep missing info about that character and/or the toys associated with him?!?! :confused: :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Watch before you react.

Here's the discussion on the possibility of a T6.

15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like he said, the action parts of the Bayformers were good, so combining that with the heart and character development of "Bumblebee" would be, POO, good
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

The original Transformers died when Shia Labeouf left. I still watched them, but I felt as if something was missing. And plus, the action from Michael Bay's Transformer's films would give me a headache due to the heavy CGI. Bumblebee was good, and they should focus on expanding on that film. And make sure the release dates don't clash with other big films.
    • Like x 1
  17. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

One thing that annoys me: if they are soft-booting the franchise, then why not keep Bumble as a Bug? o_O
    AND FIX HIS DAMN VOICE SYNTHESIZER!!! :mad:
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well I don't know of a Firestar (female Autobot, not Marvel mutant) figure, but I've now got three of the four female Autobot characters from the G1 cartoon because I found this on the shelves while shopping this morning. :D

[IMG]

Fun thing is that apparently she comes packed in the same wave as her friend/romantic interest/counterpart/whatever other term you want to use, Ironhide.
    • Like x 1
  20. AutoBot Rage Active Player

• Like x 1