Throne Of The Dead Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by geoforcee100, Feb 17, 2015.

1. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Here is a rough guide on how to finish this raid without any bugs or glitching.

You may 3 tank or 3 tank this raid, depends on how good the burn of the dps are.

Ares fight

1 tank keeps ares taunted by the throne
    2nd tank takes all the adds at the door u came in from
    3rd tank kills essence which spawns from the left and and right from the throne where ares is. ( single taunt will be needed here for essence)

we run with 2 very good dps who save up SC before we que, 1 very good healer + 2 controllers .

when the essence dies the 2 dps drop all thier SC, Orbital strikes, back ups supply on ares and u can burn ares down to 15% HP in one run...

then repeat with the killing of the essence and when he is down finish of ares.. when Ares dies the adds disappear..

Judges Fight:

2 Tanks is enough for this or 1 if they can handle the aoe and adds.
    This boss fight u can only target one judge at a time plus get a quite a few adds.. while the one judge is been burned down by dps the other 2 judges will do a lot of aoe and stuns on the group.. most common one shot is the purple balls and laser if u do not move out of the way in time u die and u have to wait 3 secs before picking them up cause of aoe.

Their are 3 different judges who have different aoe attacks which will be update here in due time,

When 1 judge is dead u can target both judges .Once they are dead u will face hades

Hades Fight:
    Here u have different types of adds:
    Totem Master:
    This guy spawns small pillars which spawns more adds so u can kill him 2 ways either the dps are very good and can get burn him down quick.. or if u get turned into a grey statue (shade) u have to go to the totme master and stomp him twice to kill him

Hades 2 SKULLS:
    1st skull will reflect all damage like WW IN Love & war so all dps must stop attacking or die !

2nd skull - (The closest person to hades of each role) should be teleported to the outside of the throne, but the people that aren't in the line of sight of Hades will not be teleported. Most probably the reason that if you get behind those pillars and don't get teleported is that sometimes you're out of his line of sight and some times not. ( Except that since the last hotfix they're teleporting only 1 tank, 1 heal and 1 troll and no dps)

A TIP FOR HEALERS AND TROLLERS IF YOU HIDE BEHIND A PILLAR AT THE 2ND SKULL YOU MAY SURVIVE THE TELE. DOES NOT WORK ALL THE TIME BUT SOMETIMES IT DOES.

The different types of adds you will encounter in this DLC and what specific role each plays!

Bowmaster:
    Bowmaster if the one targeted blocks and the others are close enough and don't block the ones that didn't block will still die.So everyone around someone with that white circle with red arrow should block.

Punisher ( Tank killer)
    For the punisher, it only 1 shots tanks if people still attacks him. Meaning that when you see the punisher doing his skull attack every dps should stop attacking since from that moment on, the punisher will absorb every attack launched at him and then he will "reflect" it on an AOE.

Their also one add that heals other adds and the boss ( hades)... forgot what the add is called i think it is the specilizer correct me if i am wrong. he heals adss and the boss by a tiny bit, so burn him down is a great advantage.

That is all for this raid... only difference between this and elite is .. all bosses and adds are 117 cr instead of 116.. and u can pick up the same person 3 times :!! and everything in the elite hits much harder.

Thank you for reading any question or anything i may have missed please do post away i will update this accordingly.
    • Like x 5
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

You should add #spoliers inside to your early description. Seems obvious as it's a guide, but you know..."people"
    • Like x 1
  3. LightSp33d Well-Known Player

Wish people would actually try 3 tanks for the first boss. It's soooo much easier and the burn on ares is improved since there's no adds to split the damage.
    • Like x 2
  4. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

This can be achieved in the elite raid as well with 3 tanks very easy burn on ares less pressure on the group
    • Like x 1
  5. ChuckLess New Player

Three Tanks is definitely the way to go. Which is cool for Tanks. It's about time they got some love :)
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

whats the lowest CR/SP a person should try this?

for healer/troll/tank/DPS
  7. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

When this first came out our league jumped into the raids and we had 3 tanks.

Rage 109 cr, ice 111cr fire tank 110 cr.....

so average of 108 to 110 cr min is needed to do this smoothly ,this raid is like dox eo everyone needs to know what to do any mistakes can wipe the group.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

3 tanks is only needed for the Elite version not the regular.
    Regular version.

First fight setu 5-1-1-1
    Ares fight: 2 tanks 1 heal 1 controller, 4 dps. DPS can burn adds quickly so there are only 2 or 3 adds during the entire fight.
    Same for next wave of adds
    Judges: same setup for ares fight
    Hades:5-1-1-1 until Hades pops first reflection, then switch to a 2-2-2-2 setup. Hades banishes the 3 closest support roles( healer, troller, tank)
    Enjoy your loot.
    • Like x 1
  9. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

when our league first did this we went with 3 tanks :) but now we are better geared 2 tanks is much easier.. but for groups who find it hard 3 tanks prob is still the best option to be fair. Thanks for your post
  10. Glacier Extreme Well-Known Player

I don't mind a 2 tank setup in the regular ares fight. As long as the troll can stun a few adds here and there. It's easy to get overwhelmed as ice having ares and the adds.

Not so much when blocking...but the vulnerability you have when gathering newly spawned adds with IS

But 3 tanks makes it a cleaner more manageable experience
  11. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Ok I think the intention of the guide is pretty good,but there are some things you should change

For example if you have good enough dps and tank you only need 2 tanks for the normal throne. 1 that keeps ares and the adds and the other one that kills the essence.

Having your dps lock on ares and use a single target power to burn the boss can help a great deal. Plus if you run a normal 2-3-2-1
    3 dps should burn the boss fast enough.

Saying the possibility to use 3 tanks for groups that can't handle it i think is good, but still not required to do it.

Your explanation to the Judges fight is kinda vague, you could improve that explaining what exactly does each judge do.
    Since there is only 1 boss at the time, there is no need to go with 2 tanks, until the moment that you kill one and the other 2 goes, and even so a single Tank should be able to handle it.
    Saying 3 seconds is kinda innacurate, saying that you can pick up someone after the AOE is gone is enough. And besides that people shoudln't be dying from that, they should be avoiding that purple laser/eggs from the special attack from radamanthis.

As for the hades fight you explained well the totem master, altough a bit vague again.
    I believe you don't quite understand how the teleport works.
    So 1 of each role (The closest person to hades of each role) should be teleported to the outside of the throne, but the people that aren't in the line of sight of Hades will not be teleported. Most probably the reason that if you get behind those pillars and don't get teleported is that sometimes you're out of his line of sight and some times not. ( Except that since the last hotfix they're teleporting only 1 tank, 1 heal and 1 troll and no dps)

As for your explanation to the special adds, it's kinda vague again.
    For the bowmaster if the one targeted blocks and the others are close enough and don't block the ones that didn't block will still die.
    So everyone around someone with that white circle with red arrow should block.

For the punisher, it only 1 shots tanks if people still attacks him. Meaning that when you see the punisher doing his skull attack every dps should stop attacking since from that moment on, the punisher will absorb every attack launched at him and then he will "reflect" it on an AOE.

Finnaly an advice for your guide it's to get your orthography better, using "u" instead of you, makes the guide clearer and more likely to be read.
    ( I know my orthography isn't perfect but still I try to do my best ;P)
  12. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Thanks yeah this is a rough guide and will update it asap thanks for your input m8
  13. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Nice, but i'd recommend going over it again, it's not very specific, and at some points entirely avoids the actual important elements.

Ares fight
    The most important thing about the essence fight is not where you tank them, but the main mechanic.
    The essence is essentially ares shield, and can only be damaged by someone in tank role.
    If attacked by anything else, included adds pulled with it, it goes into a state of constant healing. This includes pets.
    All thats important is that the essence remains separate from adds and ares, ares will only take damage upon the essence being defeated by a tank.

Judges
    Specific Judges have specific attacks.
    rhadamanthe (not sure on spelling tbh) is the most important to watch out for, his redskull attack is point at a player, and laying down orbs that will send a pulse AOE out, they are out for about a second or two before exploding dealing roughly 70% of someones health, he sends 5-6 out that all track, the method of avoiding death from these is to walk in a path, whether it be a slow circle, a line or curve away from other team mates.
    Moving faster doesn't help as his attack tracks very well. just be sure your path, whatever shape you choose, avoids getting hit by any more then one explosion and avoids the pluses being in range of other players.

Hades
    Banishment is based on distance from hades for your role. Closest of each is teleported.
    When the raid was last out he was bugged and attempted to teleport wonderwoman.
    As it stands this phase has never not been bugged in some way, from pillars apparently, to avoiding nature healers to avoiding people in clown boxes as its cast.

Shade form disappears in 4 stomps, all the stomps damage friends as well as foes.

The punisher is in all content with amazonian fury 2 from act of defiance, hall of hades, labyrinth and throne.

At a point while fighting a punisher, the punsiher gets a red skull and a white circular effect around herself.
    Everyone in this circles range is in danger, outside of a tank. During this time, the punisher takes no damage but if attacked eventually that circles will burst an AOE attack that will blast everyone within it besides a tank with a hefty, one-shot level amount of damage.
    The safest thing to do for all roles is to move out of the circle.

I recommend waiting till the raid is back out because no one knows what will be changed.
    • Like x 2
  14. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

my first guide in time i shall learn :) thnxs for the support guys :cool:
  15. Vyltran Loyal Player

This only works with people you know - or try communicating & patience.

With PuGs things are worse than running Paradox Wave lawl..
    • Like x 2
  16. Retribution Well-Known Player

There was this one particular instance where the tank on essence went down shortly after the tank aggroing the adds had also went down. Then, the third tank (on Ares) didn't want the group to go down as a result so he aggros everything in sight until everyone else revives the other two tanks. However, other players in the group didn't know the reason as to why the third tank starting pulling everything after the two tanks went down.

Hopefully, the tank that took on essence also has the Lasso Iconic move for an extraction method to return the raid configuration to its normal state. Anyways, if the other two tanks go down for some unlucky reason, should the third tank improvise or just let everyone wipe and restart the battle? Your thoughts?
  17. Retribution Well-Known Player

I agree that any mistakes can wipe the group. Unfortunately, including mistakes due to lag spikes, etc.
  18. Death Caliber Active Player

Sounds like someone just wants to talk.I understood everything he was talking about.No sense nitpicking just cause you can.The guide was designed for 1st timers,not elitists,so alot of your corrections wouldnt even apply to the target audience.
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

I know this guide is old, but can someone tell me a tank loadout for essence?
  20. darkscarletx Loyal Player

You need a single pull like Mesmerizing Lasso from the iconic powers in your loadout. I always been fire so I always use it for essence.