threatened

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ashtin1979, Oct 14, 2014.

1. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

So today on villain side just as the halloween event was starting I had to go to the "facilities" because I have weak kidneys. I didn't mean to but it couldn't be helped. When I came back it was already over with. The entire group raged on me calling me all kinds of nasty names, threats to me ensued and continued in private messages between me and one other character. I of course did not make any threats. However, I did tell this individual that he was pretty brave talking to me the way he was hiding behind his keyboard whereupon he made a threat where I will not repeat in this forum post.

People have been nasty to me before, but it has never gotten to this level of nastiness. I have always had problems with my kidneys every since I was a kid and it can't be helped. I even tried to explain it to them to no avail. It just made things worse. I did mention it in general chat which now in hindsight I probably shouldn't have because one other player supported the rude dude's position and basically said medical problem or not I deserved the treatment I got. Then when I tried explaining in detail to that person what actually went on, they went into general chat putting weird things in the public channel so as to make it look like I was saying perverse things, told me maybe I shouldn't be playing this game then, and then logged off.

At this point because of that kind of treatment where I get threatened over a game, I'm not sure if I want to keep playing after my subscription runs out next month. There's no need to get down to the level of making threats against anyone. This is just a game and it isn't that serious. I won't mention the players involved names because that is against the TOS which is why I also won't mention specifically what the threat was. That's why I posted it here in the off-topic forum.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mont New Player

Go potty b4 u Que
    • Like x 3
  3. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Its this community, man. If you enjoy playing the game don't quit because some stupid D-bags couldn't obey the Thumper Rule. The issue with most of this community is that (almost) none of them can see past their own noses. They are so concerned with themselves and only themselves that anyone working under any sort of time table but theirs is a worthless person.
    And, yes, they do get very, very, VERY brave from behind their keyboards. But, those who are the most venomous and mean are often the biggest waists of skin themselves. If someone is a waist of skin, air, time, and space don't give their words any heed.
    Just ignore 'people' like that. They aren't worth your air or effort.

My suggestion, find some people here or a league you like and try running with those people. See if that changes how you feel about the game. A good group of friends or a good league can make this game 100X more enjoyable.
    Welcome to the community, I hope you find the Funhouse more to your liking. My main's name is in my sig, I'm on USPS. Add me as a friend and hit me up if you ever need anything. If I'm not running with my league already I'll be happy to help.
    :D
  4. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

I need to take that PS thing off because it makes people think I have a PS. I just put it on there because I love Playstation.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I honestly didn't even see that :confused:
    I was just letting you know which server I was on :)
    • Like x 1
  6. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

That was the original Wonder Woman in my mind. I kinda wonder what the new one will actually be like.
  7. stl4now Well-Known Player

Over a seasonal? Dear lord.
    • Like x 3
  8. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

I honestly think you were playing with those 13-year-old children who get angry over anything. Or the basement dwellers.
    • Like x 3
  9. TheWhiteFace New Player

The basement... Tis a silly place.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lol. Sorry.
    I posted in the wrong thread.
    I hope you are ok.

People like that are just.. ugh
    • Like x 1
  11. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

I'd love to hear you play sometime.
  12. Enickma Dedicated Player

I hope you reported the people who did this. The nasty insults are one thing, but the chat spoofing is something I know the GMs take seriously. There's no need for people like this in the game and I love it when they get weeded out like this.

I also hope that you don't quit over this. Unfortunately, jerks exist in any game you will play. Please don't let them win. There are some in DCUO just like there are in any other game. All you can do is report, ignore, and move on.

On another note, to anyone else reading this, this is why I don't criticize people for their gameplay. You never know who is on the other side of the screen and what they may be affected by.
    • Like x 5
  13. dngnb8 Devoted Player

Are we there yet?
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

sorry man, some people are jerks.... i'll kick'em in the *** for ya... if you want me to... hope you feel better and remember to not hang around them anymore, and still play the game
  15. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

Yeah I'm fine. More shocked than anything that it got to this point. I just wanted to share my experience to see if anyone else had experienced this. Last time I had been threatened like this was about three years or so ago when I played world of warcraft. A player told me to -- myself that the world would be better off. I just laughed.
  16. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

What is chat spoofing?
  17. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:eek: there's something to see past my nose?

Why didn't somebody tell this me before?
    • Like x 1
  18. Enickma Dedicated Player

It's the term for what you described, where someone goes into chat and hits a bunch of spaces and makes it look like another user said something.
  19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Have you ever had a nightmare where someone stole one of your kidneys? XD
    • Like x 1
  20. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

Or you got new kidneys, but you didn't like the color!

All I have to say on the situation is: people are idiots. Especially the people you are dealing with (10-14 age group). They think they know everything and believe that they are superior when, in reality, they are the most inferior people known to man due to a high level of unmatched arrogance and a dramatically declining level of intillect. This is not a statement about every 10-14 year old, it's just one on those ones in particular and others who have been brainwashed to follow people like them.
    • Like x 1