This Superman Anniversary is so Amazing!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Shark Dental, May 5, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I know that I'm probably just being a little impatient. The anniversary we thought was starting in April is coming... patience isn't one of my personal virtues apparently.

I just feel slightly underwhelmed by the whole Daily Planet newspaper thing. Has anyone else forgotten we're even in the middle of the Superman anniversary celebration event extravaganza?
    • Like x 3
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Technically it hasn't really started yet.

Other then the NewsPaper dispenser which does not give anything yet.

Or the First part of the event being on the test server.

The Event really start on the 16th. So.... 11 more days to go. ;) ;)

Here for those who cannot wait that long. ;) ;)

3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

With this Superman anniversary and Bendis taking over the Superman books it doesn't seem like a good year for a Superman fan.
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  5. Eve YouTuber

I want it to begin as well. My Supergirl alt going to get so much goodies! :D
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I totally forgot about the newspaper thing.
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Correct me if i am wrong.. But I seem to recall someone.. with a GREEN NAME on here not too long ago mentioning May16th as the start date? It will happen some time this month that much we know for certain but I swear I remember reading that date on some post from some one on the Dev team.

Okay so I went to the Announcement tab and ... TADA from Katnikov (Executive Producer) Superman’s 80th So there we go.. ten days and we will all be chasing Doomsday all over Metropolis. I was on test .. just a hint He loves Rocky Road Ice Cream. If you get him a cone he'll be your buddy forever.... Of course in his mind forever is until the ice cream is gone. THEN he will try to kill you again. And no you can't substitute cookies. Hey this guy is a killing machine from outer space .. he does not want to JOIN YOUR TEAM CAUSE YOU GOTS COOKIES. He want to SMASH.. Personally I think he hangs out with the Hulk to much. :rolleyes:
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, the date was amended to May 16th. The original date for the Superman Anniversary Celebration said April-June. But I guess April was just the mailbox. And the first part of May was just the mailbox too, lol. Oh, well. At least we still have Paris. Until Doomsday destroys it.

Of course, that doesn't mean the devs haven't given us anything, don't get me wrong. We got super-expensive Style Unlocking and the Spring Event with those cool cherry blossom trees. And the Spam-bots-be-gone. And the artificers capsule too. So they have been producing stuff. Oh, and they simplified the spring seasonal too, which is really sweet.

Just saying that very underwhelmed for the announced Superman Celebration. That is all.
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You know I didn't even think about that but your right it was supposed to be 3 months long and start in April. Maybe they ran into delays with Deluge so they set it back? Maybe now it will go to July???? I'm curious I have been clicking that box and for the past few days I am getting the exact same message.... What is it supposed to do? ANYONE have a clue? :confused:

Now to be totally fair Krypto has sneezed and blown the thing to bit about 8 times and I caught him tinkling on it twice it may be defective now LOL BAB BAD SUPER DOG!
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The NewsPaper thingy is supposed to give us one gift each week....
    but obviously it will start giving gift only when the Superman Event truely starts on May 16th.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Where did they say that? I only heard in the livestream that it would give us news once a week.

The players then started saying how it would be cool if it gave us gifts, but I never saw that announced anywhere.

Do you have a link? I would absolutely love it if that were true!
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Until they start giving every character free gifts, never claiming anything ever again
    This "one gift per account" nonsense has gone on too long!!
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

starlabs against lexcorp? they should give extra rewards
    (nth metal, for example) for defeating another superhuman
    on the other side. of course talking about openworld PVP.
    the opportunity would be there to make this a thing again...