This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

No. You're being unnecessarily pedantic. No one has to jump through hoops to satisfying your language usage standards.

Feedback comes in a lot of shapes and sizes and disregarding the substance of the feedback and disqualifying it because of their choice of wording is actually lazy.

They're here sharing their feedback with the Dev team, not you. They don't have to jump through your hoops to share it and be heard either. Plus, I guarantee you the Dev team isn't policing their grammar and is taking notes regardless of wording choice. Either make the effort to understand others instead, because it's on you, or move on and leave them alone.

Not even close. I don't put anyone on a pedestal at all and in fact one of the most reasonable people on the forums has turned into one of the largest trolls here over the last couple months and I clash when them regularly now.

I just I understand the difference between believing my own personal experience is representative of the whole community's and knowing what the actual community's experience is.

In this case the needs of the many, rather than the needs of the few or the one (since you meme'd this reference) refers to the larger population's needs, not the needs of a niche of players. You believe you and your niche is representative of the larger community when it isn't.
    • Like x 4
  2. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Yeah, this is exactly the kind of player you should be listening to devs...one of the biggest proponents of stat clamping on this forum and they're "likely not gonna be a subscriber" because you know..other games are more important...what a joke
    • Like x 8
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Exactly. The "misery loves company" and "I had to struggle so, so should everyone else" type of player.
    • Like x 3
  4. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I understand his point fine. He has no point outside of update bad. That doesn't help devs
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Heres the things...Most players of a game that quit dont leave feedback, they just quit. Yet i still am here giving my feedback and it may not mean as much as those playing currently, but its still something to consider. Ya know being a World of Warcraft player and a XIV player. Ya know 2 of the biggest MMOs out there...

6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Oh sorry, I didn't understand the rules. They're not allowed to use imprecise language that catches your ire, but you're allowed to mischaracterize their feedback to suit your interpretation and needs. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I was gonna switch to fire, but my earth tank does so much damage im sorta waiting it out
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

And yet here we are. It was decided this was the best course of action in the game, went through many internal debates im sure. So my feedback isn't entirely useless;) Whoever wants to say "im quitting" can, where are they going to go? To another stat clamped game?:rolleyes: Some people had legit concerns about the clamp, but most just don't care about anyone else's experience unless it affects them.
  9. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Perfect...there ya go devs..keep listening to people like this that don't even subscribe...and apparently don't really even play your game

Instead of many people like me who have been subscribing and playing for the better part of a decade
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Just did Phantom Zone I'm 337 atomic battle-tank, 2 other dps are 339. The last player left before we can start so I went along and attacked the adds without any trouble, in fact it felt really smooth. Not too sure on the other two dps lol I got to fighting Jor-El Construct boss and it was doable alone just might take a little more time and patience. A 342 healer came in and we were able to finish the alert easy peasy. No troll needed here for the power but if they debuff it would be nice to.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Here's my problem.

Everyone wouldn't be hating on the update at all if they were still allowed to steam-roll older content via Walkin Portals. What this update did was clip the wings of the "I don't wanna carry noobs"-crowd. Everyone prior to the update was in fact... Carrying Noobs, but because it was so quick and easy; it seemed like a minor thing to do but in reality.. it's leading to a lot of what you guys are griping about right now.

"I run into guys that have no idea what they are doing."-How were they supposed to learn? You guys talk on and on and on about "You can just remove your gear for a challenge." And you guys never did so. When you 1 hit kill the bosses or fast burn them, the player essentially is getting participation trophies instead of the style set and the feats that should've been earned through group accomplishment.

"But tutorials, tutorials will fix everything if the developers make them."-Doubtful. Anybody Remember Love and War? How many of you guys had runs where your team wiped because people couldn't BLOCK during Carol Ferris? The game taught yall how to block during those days, it was required before you could get out of the tutorial mission before they nerfed it.

But people still didn't block; people still wiped and either quit or learned and got better. And Yes, I'm saying the results were mixed; They always have been. Why do you think there's people that will never step foot in Elite Content? Behind all the Stat based Steam Rolling of older content, there was always the Skill and Knowledge Gap; and this update has fully exposed it.

"But these guys just CR skipped and didn't learn."-Yeah they did. But when those same new players que for end-game; They are shamed for being noobs, not learning the mechanics; because people out there will not give them the time to learn them. Because there's always someone on hand that will try and make a challenging piece of content into an "quick and easy out."; which again is fine.

If your takeaway from this update is: "Well I gotta get closer to my league because I can't avoid these noobs and the developers implemented stat-clamping with no workaround." Then obviously, you do you. But the thing is, that's also the intended result of this update.. You reap what you sow.
    • Like x 5
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because youre not looking out for the health of the game, you're looking out for YOU.

Also your subscription is a drop in the bucket compared to the people buying Booster Bundles/ TCs and its been that way for years and they've said that. Why do you think the money cap is gone? Why do you think the Episodes are free now? You arnt their main source of income anymore.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

My sub ends... in Feb 2022. Got a year's worth. Came back from 2016 exit. I got some experience with these new systems I'd seen in utube vids in recent years. I'd maybe consider sub again, if I see Devs talk about improving performance plans.

Saw Arenanet taking their GW2 a 2012 game, from DX9 to DX11. color me impressed.
    Client Performance Optimization

We’ve heard you loud and clear—Guild Wars 2 needs better frame rates. We agree. We’re actively working on upgrading our engine to DirectX 11, and we expect to be able to roll it out in an opt-in beta later this year. An important note is that the upgrade to DX11 itself isn’t a magical fix for frame rates on its own. Some players may not notice a difference at all. However, upgrading to DX11 opens a lot of doors for improving performance—CPU multithreading for instance. It also paves the way for some potential graphics upgrades down the road.

We’re investing in our infrastructure, engine, and graphics because we’re looking to the future. This is a long-term effort.

DCUO should do this too. imho

Doomed metropolis, luv how Superman is walking the streets and sometimers DD is there. Then if you take the trinket protection thingy and begin to fight DD, they (Superman and DD) sometimes just vanish.

Exobytes still barely visible after all these years? Now heal barrels are also barely visible when broken?
    If teamed with PSN users, some stuff goes invisible randomly. Had seen powers coming from an invisible player in pug raid since coming back.
    • Like x 1
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I like how you say you're looking out for the health of the game but won't sub.

lol
    • Like x 7
  15. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Oh the irony... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 7
  16. shoegazer Well-Known Player

I've spent plenty of money on plenty of things outside of my subscription..subscriptions aren't just a drop in the bucket though either..which they're about to find out since they've introduced multiple reasons not to subscribe with the latest update..

And you can continue to quote me but this will be the last time I respond to you as I have no interest in hearing about the health of the game from someone who doesn't really play it
    • Like x 5
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

That fine, you have nothing to add to this but me me me me me.

It aint me, its We. And we need to do what best for the community.

[IMG]
  18. Nebron New Player

I played this game years ago on PS4 and returned a few weeks ago when I heard about the improvements that were coming for people that didn't want to pay for a membership (The fact that I couldn't access money I'd earned w/o paying was stupid). In the time I've come back I've had a lot of fun and managed to climb to ~155 cr. I'd been grinding out material to level artifacts, stocking up on base items that I'd get to use after the update etc but after playing the new patch I'm left wondering what's the point?

With clamping the entire power fantasy of eventually becoming OP and getting to do difficult missions is gone. CR is actually useless and in the 1 8 player omnibus raid I did I was given THREE pieces of level 280 gear which shot my rating up over 50 points. If you're going to power level everyone's cr while also making the stat completely worthless then why have it?? I feel like this is turning into a game where I'd play the mission once just to experience the story and then go play something else.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There is a lot of false information packed into your little wall of text...so let's start with...

New players only being at CR150. In January we received a free CR skip which put players at CR290. So it's real easy to see high CR players who are still relatively new. As it is, I still consider any player with less than 3 years playing pretty much new. These players wouldn't have been around at tier for a lot of the older content, and they won't know what to do because...before the clamp, most people were smashing older content for these players, so there are a LOT of players with no clue as to what to do.

Also, this game has been pushing players to end game at breakneck speed for a very long time, so you shouldn't be shocked that there are a lot of uninformed/unskilled player at endgame. Up until yesterday it had been pretty easy to carry people past the tiers, and for people to hide behind OP players. Those days are over, and I feel your pain.

Last but not least, if you've actually played this game for more than three years you would know...everyone would know...that blind queuing will have HILARIOUSLY mixed results. Smart players or people who value their time would generally form groups (the exception usually was for significantly older content they could pretty much run solo). It's simply the best way to reduce the chances of running into clueless people. Yes of course premade groups guarantee nothing, but blind queueing increases your chances of running into the crapshow you saw yesterday. Any player with a decent amount of experience knows that.

I get that people don't like change, particularly when it's this massive all at once. It's a shock to the system. Blaming the new system for what people do makes very little sense. You'll need to make some adjustments, if you choose to blind queue be prepared to explain some things, otherwise join premade groups and avoid the headache.
    • Like x 3
  20. Dev72 Dedicated Player

That is a bit of a stretch when a good portion of players will not take the time to even read a simple text across their screen that tells you to "block." You actually think they would read tutorials?
    • Like x 1