This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m mental/gadgets/munitions hybrid, 200 Dead King Sceptor, 160 Transformation Card and 160 Strategist Card. Yeah I still hybrid with the weapons I actually like. It’s not my fault the developers still can’t or won’t balance weapons/play styles properly.

Plus, I don’t see how DualWield/Bow will save me when there’s 3 instant death mechanics bearing down on me. I don’t cope well with those rabbit in the headlights moments. I can always troll if my dps is insufficient. If I thought even for a second weapon choice was the one and only thing holding me back, I would have changed already, I assure you.

I’m not even against the clamp. I understand why it was done. But the current iteration of clamping is too severe. Not just for me, but for all the people that already have horror stories from hitting quickplay.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

I will send you a private message.
    • Like x 1
  3. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Yeah, let's have everyone just modify their powers, weapons, and loadouts to the exact same thing so all the cookie-cutter characters can run the same cookie-cutter instances with the same cookie-cutter stats.

Remember folks, all of us animals are equal now, some are just more equal than others.
    • Like x 8
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Oh please, I think you need to have a seat.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

+1000 for the Animal Farm reference.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

i didnt spend 7+ years leveling to 340 just to be clamped to 10 levels above low content in fact carrying new players was a heroic deed I did when I was able to now I'm at their level and I can't help anymore :(
    • Like x 6
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

9. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

ive literally had people remember my name and come back and thank me when they got a high cr
    • Like x 3
  10. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

were you answering me?
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'm on the forum to reply to gifs. mostly. in this ituation the giofs oint eh page.
  12. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'm having a blast
    • Like x 2
  13. Minotaur38 Active Player

Exactly. This new episode needs to be erased. I have 557 sp, and 3 max arts. Yet, I'm being out burned by people who are actually at that cr. I worked way too hard on my toons to be clamped. It's also taking way to long to do anything on-duty. I got people in my League with kids, and they don't have time to sit here all day. There's a lot of casual players in this game, and clamping makes it worse. #NoClamping #EraseNewEpisode
  14. Minotaur38 Active Player

I honestly can't believe how short sited this player base is, and your comment reflects that. There's a lot of casual players in this game, and clamping won't fix that. This is actually the road to more microtransactions, not cleaning up anything. But this player base is clearly not smart enough to see that. Look people like you are in the minority. No one ask for any of this, except a few.

Think for once.
  15. Minotaur38 Active Player

No. The fact is, there's too many casual players in this game, and clamping makes everything worse. You're not going to force casuals to learn boss mechanics.

#NoClamping #EraseNewEpisode
  16. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Yep, I go with When everyone is super then no will be.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

in a game where the sole purpose is For everyone to be super whether Hero or Villian it kinda makes sense No other game in the history of games has done this to it's players if you can think of one by all means let me know
  18. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

Im Almost thinking there's no point in going for the new gear since CR is now irrelevant and there's no higher content than flashpoint am I missing something here
  19. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

not to mention the thousands of $$$ everyone spends on membership and the micro transactions every year just to basically be given the finger
  20. MensSana Active Player

This is the worst update ever seen in 10 years.

Stat clamped istances are now full of newbies who literally don't know what kind of game they're playing;

omnibus queue is full of people who quit because they don't like the istance that the game choose for them;

elite raids are a nightmare most of the time (you don't find always "elite" players who want to do a 5 years old raid elite);

the only result achieved by loot locked removal is that people do the same raid 100 times a day, I don't think it improved the gaming experience at all.

flashpoint and legion contents are now a desert, just because you can't drop source marks there anymore, (flashpoint paradox bounties are only 1 month old... shortest relevance ever...).
    • Like x 4