This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My computer here at work crashed so I’m waiting on IT to get up here and fix the problem lol. Stupid Windows lol. I never have this problem at home on my Mac. =^_^=
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah it can't happen like that. 1, our health stat is mainly made up of our gear stats. Which are clamped (yeah I know a pretty obvious statement lol) so stats clamp would have to be all sorts of broken up and that would be hell for devs. Plus we would still have no defense, and then the enemy attacks would have to go up. Just a big snowball of nope really.

2nd, if you and I keep our health stats then I would come in with my 200 tetra and cog and buff the crap out of the group and we would melt everything again. Plus a few other things we can do that a health stat helps to increase other things. Slippery slope basically?
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I thought each of our stats was independent of the other, my mistake.
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sort of? I'm not as eloquent or knowledgeable as some of the regulars on here but we take 1 piece of gear off and we lose some of every stat. Since clamping is really only affecting our stats from gear, I don't think they could ever seperate that without making a whole new gear system. Think I'm making sense lol. Sorry if not
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

So by this logic then, my experience when I go into Wonderverse right now on 08/27/2021 at my CR341 will be completely different from when I go into Wonderverse on 11.2021 when Ep 42 comes out and Wonderverse is no longer end game? What sense does that make?
    • Like x 1
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah it’s really weird that we’re clamped to a lower level than was possible when the instance was still end game. We’ll go from 342cr to 326cr. That’s logic. People think I’m anti-clamping but I’m not, I’m just upset because they went WELL beyond what was necessary.
    • Like x 2
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

So it will become like FF14 when the new gear comes out for Ep. 42? In FF14, even though we can get new shiny gear it only increases out stats by the tiniest of amounts like for instance I have 150000 in defense, buy a new piece of better gear, I now have 1500026. Is that extra 26 really going to make or break it for me in a dungeon? I might last a few seconds longer that I otherwise would have. But those few seconds could mean a big difference, especially when you have healers who won’t revive you and leave you KO’d while everyone else leaves for the next part of the dungeon.
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

IT guy is here gtg
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I haven't been in wv yet so I don't know if it's clamped. If it isn't, then we're what we are. Once it does get clamped, I think we just get to be whatever the highest npc is rated at in elite? Which would be lower than the cr we could have reached when it was end game
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I made a thread about allies. Go there and toss in your two cents. You will not get jumped. I think there is something already there that might help you out.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have advocated that leagues should be able to form allies for a while now. I think it is a great idea.
    • Like x 1
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

When everyone's super than no one will be.

There is more to it than just everything taking longer often massively longer. The biggest issue I have with the stat clamping is the story, progression, and role playing parts of it all. We are playing superheroes (or villains) that even after hitting CR342 have to hit a basic low tier no power villain or citizen repeatedly while taking damage... not very super. The feeling of being a superhero speeding through an area taking out low tier bosses with ease was awesome and in keeping with being a super (not to mention we EARNED it through game play and paying for the game). You got to feel like a superhero or supervillain. That was the whole point and now it's gone.

Now no matter how high your CR you are not much better than no power random citizen. So much for being super. Now add in all the other very, very, very many legitimate complaints and it's hard to deny this "Update" was not well thought out let alone well executed. A massive drop in rewards hasn't helped either... well it will help them make more money off the market which was always part of the plan, not that I begrudge the company making money.
    • Like x 1
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well there was collective discourse on whether we kick or not and since we were at the last boss, it would have been a "richard" move make.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    Wait... where was I even??!

Oh nevermind, I remember exactly where I was.

[IMG]

Haha, sorry couldn't resist
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

What about the new T2 level 30s? They feel like a civilians in their own raid because the "super heroes" are obliterating everything around them before they can look at it.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I was going to respond to it too, but then got distracted.

Realistically the developers can only teach the basic skills in game and created adequate pointers. The game probably lacks some very basic role tutorials or guides, but that's about it.

The developers can't teach the advanced tactics or strategies because their goal isn't to dictate one path, it's to present a problem and have the players solve it, of which there might be more than one answer.

You can and should offer a player help and advice, if that player refuses it and they're the cause of the problem then your option is basically to leave yourself or kick the offended player.

Good players will always self seek knowledge, such as reading guides, talking to people who are willing to share their knowledge and watching videos that offer constructive tutorials, not just blaring techno/metal music, while screaming "I am a god" at the sparring targets.

Players should be teaching other players who are prepared to listen, not every time, of course, but if the situation presents itself and the person is receptive, why not...
    • Like x 3
  17. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

What would your solution be?
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Proxy: I was leadin the pack!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

'Oh I ran your three duos, none of them, absolutely none of them were a problems whatsoever and I was very much stronger than when those were at level, if that helps :)
  20. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1