This is what the Devs have said about Cross Play

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Electrizzaro, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Yup that is what I am getting out of it
    • Like x 1
  2. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

Will league membership be "cross-play" either?
  3. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Well since PS players won't be able to access test server I'm less enthused with cross play. Still looking forward to it but now it's just kind of meh.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

Adding my thanks to you for condensing this. Much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sbel Devoted Player

To quote Electrizzaro's quote:
    • Like x 3
  6. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

At least there is this
    Captain Liberty said:
    “On a related note, we are working on account linking (linking a PSN account to an SOE account) - that would allow PS members to be recognized by SOE for PC Test validation. I know that's not as nice as a dedicated PlayStation Test, but for those PS3/PS4 players that have a PC and would like to partake in early access on PC Test, it will be possible in the not too distant future.”
    • Like x 2
  7. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Yeah, but that kinda defeats the purpose of playing on PS. If I had a computer that could run games I would use it instead.
    • Like x 1
  8. HersheyKiss New Player

I will say after seeing what liberty said about what may happen with names when cross play comes im not happy. I just gave then $23 to change 3 names and may have to change em again. Not telling us about the name database thing was handled very poorly on their part. Alot less people would of bought name change tokens if they knew about this. And the devs or soe can claim they didnt know until last minute but i dont buy it. What it looks like to me is a not a great way to treat your customers and make $. I dont want "PC" next to my toons or league name. My main toon was created 22 months ago and the name i wanted wasnt available until the other day. So i waited almost 2 years to get it and in a few months may have to change it again bcuz they "forgot" to give us all the info?

And why should i or any other player have PC or PS next to their name bcuz of name conflict and other players dont have that in their name? Either put a PC or PS next to every player from those servers or dont do it at all.
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You'd only get a suffix if you share a name with someone else on the other server. In the current naming system you cannot have someone named the same. Even with an @handle approach there could be, in theory, someone with the same character name and same Station/PSN name. So either way at least a portion of character names will have to be renamed in order to merge name databases.

But I reiterate if you don't have a name that someone else has on the other server you're fine.
    • Like x 1
  10. HersheyKiss New Player

I get that. My point is i created the toons with the names i got 1rst as alts then bought my name change tokens a few hours later and changed the names. If i knew it was for both servers and i could lose or have the name changed again very soon then i never would of done it. And im sure there are others that did this too and feel the same way. Telling us after the fact was a bad idea and im not sure how they couldnt see that and they have to know that if they told us b4 hand that they wouldnt of sold as many name tokens. Imo it was all handled very poorly. And this isnt the 1rst time where the timing or wording has been handled poorly either.
    • Like x 1
  11. Prosser Dedicated Player

But that won't happen (in your case at least)

If you were able to change your toons names with the reclaim, then no one on the the PS server has them. Therefore, since the database for names is already merged, no one in the future will be able to make toons with those names on the PS side. So when Cross Play does hit, there will be no need for you to have to change your name.

Basically, you have those names now, and short of you going inactive and them doing another name claim in the distant future (which I believe they said they wouldn't do) then you are fine.
    • Like x 2
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

What Prosser said is correct. They made it so that IF you got a new name AFTER the reclaim you could only have that name IF noone else had it on EITHER PC or PS. So everyone that used tokens or created new toons after the reclaim are safe for anything getting modified when the Crossplay takes place. Smart on their part. Otherwise there would have been hundreds of threads of angry players.
    • Like x 2
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Like others said you should be fine but even if not all you would need to do is idle on those characters when you are not playing starting now to rack up play time. I highly doubt a lot of players will be doing this right now due to no release date announced. Thus you have an advantage for those characters you did not rename.
    • Like x 2
  14. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I have not seen any other posts about this subject from the devs. If anyone else has feel free to post.
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Found one regarding Macros in a different thread. Thought I would add it here.
    • Like x 1