This is not a joke trailer. This is ACTUALLY what they came up with...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by willflynne, Apr 30, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

...for the Sonic the Hedgehog movie. :confused:

No good can come from this.
    • Like x 1
  2. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

thats the same guy they teamed up The Easter Bunny with
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Excuse me....I'd like to turn my eyes in now.....my brain too.

Hey, I can write 'Sonic the Hedgehog 2' now!

Pitiful....

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

No good? Don't you dare disrespect Jim Carrey like that ever again.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think that's one of the things that made me shake my head. I watched that trailer and (even though I knew he had been cast in the film beforehand) just kept wondering, "What the heck is he doing here?! He's better than this!" :confused:
  6. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

OH COME ON! Can't they do better than Jim Carrey as the bad guy, again?
  7. myandria Item Storage

Really? Gangsters Paradise? Sonic the Hedgehog Live Action? There is NOTHING gangster about a blue speedy hedgehog!!!!
    Ok.. who's been nippin' at the happy juice again? *looks around the production studio* Did someone eat ALL of the magic mushrooms this time?

WHO asked for this? That's what I want to know. I don't remember anyone screaming for another Sonic movie, let alone a live action one.
    Poor Jim Carrey; typecast again.

The movie industry is trying to ruin my childhood memories and I refuse to let that happen. Time for another Amazon classic anime/cartoon movie/tv show mega purchase!
    • Like x 1
  8. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

"Agreed." (From The Simpsons where Mayor Quimby bangs a gavel at a town meeting.
  9. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

When I see this trailer it makes me of The Office Steve Carrell internet meme where he says something like: Oh God, no!
    • Like x 1
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

This... looks like it would be a good'un (apart from a naked blue hedgehog that is hung like a Ken, or an Angel)
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

so sonic is now the flash and apparently eggman is stalin in this cinematic universe? weird......
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Wow, just wow, in a bad way. Seeing Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey again is fun and the movie doesn't come out until November so I really hope that the studio at least tweaks the look Sonic has because its a little off putting. And since when Sonic generates lightning and slows down time..........:rolleyes: so he's connected to the speed force now?
    [IMG]
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

• Like x 1
  15. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
  16. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Okay Okay, but for real yeah. IDK why they chose that song. For me, it's just...he doesn't look good. At all. Not as Sonic, or as anything really. Dang and I waited so many years for a Sonic movie. Now I know how kids felt after Super Mario Bros.
  17. myandria Item Storage

Ugh... that's another movie that gave bruises to childhood.:(:mad:
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

For me, the only problem is the eyes and the fluff-fur

As for "Super Mario Bros: The Movie", look at the damn source material they had to work with at the time: a game about some short fat plumber who invades another world looking for a princess who was always in another castle. POO, butt the movie was a huge improvement over a mediocre (at best) game
    • Like x 1
  19. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I tend to agree on both points. Plus I think Sonic faces exactly the same problem Mario did back then with a lack of any substantial lore or concrete understanding of his powers. Yes I know there was the tv series but it's simply not well known enough to base a movie around.

To me the movie looks like most franchise starters and if I'm being optimistic i'd say a sequel is 100% already in the bag already and 100% there will be design, thematic & power changes for the next movie based on the feedback they get from this movie. From the trailer I was curious to see how they'd incorporate the rings and I actually think it's a pretty neat idea to take the element of the big coin transporting you as with the games rather than having him need to collect small coins for some random reason.

From the trailer the more I think about it there will be a sequel, Dr Robotnic seems to be a bad guy but Sonic makes reference to needing to save this planet which suggests a separate threat. Then add on the final shot of actual bald Dr Robotnic and you get what's likely to be a defeat of the first movie villain with a set up for the next movie villain (Dr Robotnic).

I don't expect it to be a good movie. It seems aimed at the pre-teen (7-12) market and I think they'll probably lap it up and i'm sure it will have some fun moments. Also not everyone thinks the GOG mixtape was the best thing ever, I expect this movies to heavily push into rap and so called 'cool' songs, however I do think Gangsta's Paradise was a poor choice to work with the trailer. For me, yes he does look a bit weird but it's not the worst thing in the world and I think over time as people get used to it and with some design finessing it won't look that bad, but I suppose youtubers & 'influencers' have gotta make that dough somehow, such is the outrage culture these days. I'd have preferred Sonic a slightly darker blue but other than that I'm not fussed.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club