Fixed This is getting beyond annoying! Fix your PC Client devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Leonite Well-Known Player

I run my game on both Steam and DB client. I don't experience hourly crashes but both clients crash maybe once a week. I don't really mind it because I can get back into the game in about one minute but it does suck when it crashes in the middle of an omnibus run -- somehow, omnibus groups don't invite me back LOL!

Next time my game crashes, I'll check if I can get more information on why it crashed.
    • Like x 1
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

It is annoying to be disconnected in a raid if possibly knocked out
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't really consider those as game 'crashes' as it's more connectivity, like if my internet went down. While they might be able to do something to better combat the DDOS attacks, I can't really blame it on the game itself if some a-hat decides to attack it, any more than if I tripped over my cat5 and yoinked the internet out.
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I remember people on here saying crashing was a PlayStation only thing and if you bought a gaming PC these things wouldn't happen. Oh the irony :D But yeah it sucks for the PC crew having to deal with these issues too, hopefully some hotfixes in the future solves some things. But I'm computer illiterate so I have no clue where to start so I'm no good on suggestions sorry :(
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah I can sorta vouch for this, maybe Metal episodes is when I started to play more DCUO but I sure noticed the crashes were more frequently from this episode on but again maybe veterans know it to be earlier.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are turning our eyes to this again because Proxy got angry. We don't see anything in our crash report data to suggest this is widespread, but we're going through it.

For this thread and conversation, we must distinguish between a crash and a disconnect. These are not the same, have different causes, and different people need to address them.

A CRASH is when the software fails. On PC, you would see the client suddenly close and/or a windows error message and/or your system freezes or turns itself off.

A DISCONNECT is when you lose connection to the game but the software is fine. On PC, you would see an error message in DCUO like 'you have been disconnected,' 'you have lost connection to the game,' 'could not authenticate,' or even 'world is down.'

---

If you experience a crash, please note the date and time and post it in this thread.

If you experience a disconnect, please do not post in this thread (since we're looking at the pc client here).
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I blame Microsoft.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Hi Mepps, one of my leaguemates informed me that there is no disconnect error screen nor was there an error popup. The client just closes on it's own. "Poof"
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, that would be a crash.
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Also not crashing on EUPC, and haven't done so for years. Rarely disconnect either. Play every single day, for a couple of hours.
  11. SilkyPawz Bunny

This is exactly what happens to me as well, one minute in the game next poof the game closes. Happened with me earlier between 12am - 12:30am EST. I was standing in the HOL by the broker talking a league mate.
    • Like x 3
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've had it happen a handful of times in the past week or two. Not with enough frequency to be seriously annoying, but just enough to note that there seems to be at least some small problem.

I haven't spotted any pattern. Just "I do something" and the game disappears.
    • Like x 1
  13. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

@mepps

For me, the crash to desktop happens most frequently while teleporting or phasing. There are times that I'm doing normal things in open world areas, in raids, the HOL and poof good bye DCUO, hello beautiful desktop wallpaper. I can upload all of my logs from the 'My Games/DCUO' folder if warranted. I don't see these crashes show up in Event Viewer at all, so that might be why you don't see such evidence on your end as it's not being reported to MS like normal crashes.

I also want to note that I play a few AAA games and don't see these kinds of crashes (Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Halo, etc) and they actually push my system resources far beyond what is required for DCUO. My GPU doesn't even spin up it's fans when I play this game.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Sounds like we need...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I tend to crash at least once a day in HOL most of the time when warping or interacting with a vendor.

I'll note it next time I do to give specific times.
  16. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Everyone that is PC in my league (including me) crashes every 2 hours or so. Some days are worse than others. Events like opening menus (happens SO MUCH at the Dr. Fate vendor), loading into a map, and using abilities in highly-populated areas seem to trigger the crashes more often. However, they definitely seem more likely to occur the longer the game is open.

Running the game in fullscreen also seems to make the crashes much more frequent.
  17. Bulgarian Force New Player

I've been crashing once on every 2 hours (the game just turns off out of nowhere) since the House of Legends came out. No matter is it in the middle of duo, alert, raid, daily missions or doing nothing. And more recently (after the last update... i believe) i'm crashing on every single hour.
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

I have never crashed since 2016 only Dced, ironically justifying the game's name. However, what I can confirm is that there is a memory leak situation, where the game suddenly lags. Not internet connection lagged, but a brutal FPS drop that causes me to become unable to play until I change instances. Alternatively, I lose most of the sounds and play with only background music.

I can also confirm that playing in windowed mode has reduced this problem in about 10 times. In the very few times I get that, I can counter this by minimizing the game window for around 5 minutes.

My guess is that Proxystar plays in fullscreen mode and the memory leak causes the game to crash. Other people who dont experience this either play on windowed mode or don't change instances too often. There seems to be something steming from the loading and the map changes.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

That's right! You never wanna make me angry! I even spent $5 last night!
    [IMG]

In all seriousness though, thanks for looking at it Mepps, also crash from last night

4:07AM Pacific - 25 March 2022 - Leaving the Elite duo, using the portal crashed straight to desktop
    • Like x 1
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I play direct.
    Windows 10. CPU: i7-4790K. Memory:16GB.
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970.
    Regular HDD drives, no SSD.